• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Huh I've just realised it's 5 weeks to the day that Street Fighter V comes out. Guess I should have put more time in with Ultra IV before it gets put out to pasture (not that III doesn't live in my Dreamcast). Any of you folks up for a couple of Game Nights™ over the next few weeks to see the old girl out/say good bye to those tedious 1 frame links before V drops?

34 days till Street Fighter V. Not that I'm counting or anything.

t1455645600z0.png

Anyway, I'd be down for saying goodbye to Ultra. Especially if saying goodbye to Elena and El Fuerte involves a trash bin and some easy light matches.

The ATLUs PR response is perfectly fine, Atlus is a shitty company, having a shitty PR is just fitting.
I like jokes as much as the next guy but I appreciate some level of professionalism from company reps more. Maybe it's the German in me.

Also, there are some people there who really have twisted pictures of PC folks. Yikes.

Uzzy

I assume that the Atlus PR guy's response is just laughing at their own situation due to the backwards Japanese management preventing them from making money on PC due to absurdly old school mentalities/biases.

At least, I hope that assumption's right.

tuxfool

Banned
I assume that the Atlus PR guy's response is just laughing at their own situation due to the backwards Japanese management preventing them from making money on PC due to absurdly old school mentalities/biases.

That would assume he is crap at PR for the company he represents. Dunno, could be? If his response is through memes...

Jeez guys lets keep it civil and not attack the PR guy. We're supposed to be better than other gaming forums remember?

Anyways, I think that response from him is not ideal but what can you do. Atlus are stubborn and they won't budge and we are likely to see RDR before one popular port from them gets to PC.

Jeez guys lets keep it civil and not attack the PR guy. We're supposed to be better than other gaming forums remember?

Anyways, I think that response from him is not ideal but what can you do. Atlus are stubborn and they won't budge and we are likely to see RDR before one popular port from them gets to PC.

he is a PR manager who is intentionally trying to rile people up ala gamefaqs or /v/ style shitposting

Jawmuncher

For a PR that's not a really good response. Since their job shouldn't be to rile people up.
Though I can understand their frustration since they probably get asked all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Considering the history their fans have here in lashing out at PC gamers, it's not really all that funny to fan those flames when you're representing the company itself.
i dunno, guy isn't responsible for shitty fans and he's just making a joke

don't know much about the situation but if that one joke is all there is to it feels to me like ppl are maybe letting their feelings get the best of them

no need to jump at anyone's throat just for a dumb joke

yeah pretty much what i'm thinking

MUnited83

For you.
For a PR that's not a really good response. Since their job shouldn't be to rile people up.
Though I can understand their frustration since they probably get asked all the time.

I bet they get asked all the time why they are super shitty with EU releases, even going as far INTRODUCING THE SINGLE ONE GAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN REGION LOCKED ON THE PS3, but I don't see them doing memes for that.

so how much you wanna bet this won't turn into nearly as big of a deal as a steam caching issue where no money was spent?

MGSV is basically RE6 it seems. Really fun gameplay, but not many can deal with the flaws.

yesssss. actually, re6 is better. it's criminally underrated - from what i played on 360, it was a fucking blast to play, stupid story aside.

Yay! I've been lashed.
I'm part of the cool kids now, right?

all the cool kids are over on twittergaf being friends with lash

Ozium

Everything about psychonauts is great except for the part where you actually play it.

I liked all of it up until the meat circus.. I could handle the janky controls until then... but I kept falling and it was frustrating.

milkman level is still the best

Jawmuncher

I bet they get asked all the time why they are super shitty with EU releases, even going as far INTRODUCING THE SINGLE ONE GAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN REGION LOCKED ON THE PS3, but I don't see them doing memes for that.

I wasn't backing them up, just saying since honestly I doubt PR can do a damn thing.
Still the situation in general sucks a fat one.

wbacon

Capcom USA
I just hope wbacon can take the Dragon's Dogma sale stats and convince higher ups at Capcom that porting God Hand or Okami to PC might be a good idea.

I've covered this briefly here (the second half of my post), but yes, we review sales results and overall projection to determine where to invest next. I will do my part.

Edit: same rule applies to ports, remasters, and sequels.

Jawmuncher

I've covered this briefly here (the second half of my post), but yes, we review sales results and overall projection to determine where to invest next. I will do my part.

Please throw me a bone with Dino Crisis on steam.
I have 100 dollars for you.

EDIT: That's 100 not counting me buying the game multiple times. I can make it more if need be.

Well, as far as we can tell, that issue has exactly zero to do with PSN security at all, aside from being the place where the stolen credit cards are used.

well, according to the police it's either hacked accounts or people faking the transactions to be from PSN, right?

Please throw me a bone with Dino Crisis on steam.
I have 100 dollars for you.

would love to see okami hit PC in the future if it's ever possible. bought it on ps2 and ps3 and would triple dip for $40

Jawmuncher

well, according to the police it's either hacked accounts or people faking the transactions to be from PSN, right?

would love to see okami hit PC in the future if it's ever possible. bought it on ps2 and ps3 and would triple dip for $40

Can we please stay focused. WE need to all support Dino crisis.
You can enjoy Okami HD on PS3 and on the Wii atm.

Soulflarz

Banned

Edit: same rule applies to ports, remasters, and sequels.

Well, I guess I'm buying DD again...
someone buy it for me please, I can't justify it with my backlog, but I adore DD and have gotten multiple people to play it :3

^Jaw will literally port it for you for free and still buy his copy at retail price.

A wild wbacon appears.

While you're here, please consider nudging the Japanese offices to release Code Veronica HD on Steam please, it's the only game missing besides 2 and 3 to complete the main series.

Also if we're tossing votes in for potential ports and/or Capcom remasters, I'd like to vote for Godhand, Okami HD, and Devil May Cry HD Trilogy.

EdmondD

So I want to name my characters from XCOM after not doing it for almost the whole 30 hours I've put into this game.
So do you want to make some suggestion?

Here's a template with sex, class, rank and nationality use it to suggest your name for the trooper.
Rank | Sex | Class | nationality | [Your suggested name]

Soldiers who need names:

Colonel | Female | Assault | Canadian | [Your suggested name]
Colonel | Male | Heavy | Chinese | [Your suggested name]
Colonel | Male | Sniper | French | [Your suggested name]
Colonel | Female | Assault | American | [Your suggested name]
Colonel | Female | Heavy | Russian | [Your suggested name]
Colonel | Male | Support | Scottish | [Your suggested name]
Major | Male | Mech | Canadian | [Your suggested name]
Captain | Male | Support | Canadian | [Your suggested name]
Captain | Female | Sniper | Australian | [Your suggested name]
Sergeant | Female | Mech | Spanish | [Your suggested name]
Sergeant | Female | Assault | Scottish | [Your suggested name]
Sergeant | Female | Heavy | Argentinian | [Your suggested name]

Colonel | Male | Support | Scottish | [Grant "Son of the Fox" Morrison]

One of the best Flight of the Concords skits.

Jawmuncher

A wild wbacon appears.

While you're here, please consider nudging the Japanese offices to release Code Veronica HD on Steam please, it's the only game missing besides 2 and 3 to complete the main series.

Also if we're tossing votes in for potential ports and/or Capcom remasters, I'd like to vote for Godhand, Okami HD, and Devil May Cry HD Trilogy.

Come one man you can't throw me a bone here?

Adnor

Banned
I'm sorry Jawmuncher I wouldn't buy Dino Crisis, but not because I think it's a bad game, I haven't tried it, but because I'm a baby that can't play survival horror games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom