• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

You know what's a beautiful word? ANIME

cO3v9My.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is out of context, but maybe for the best, but sometimes I really wish I could openly tell you guys some things on the developer side of Steam. Some funny, interesting, and serious things.

---

Manpuncher is really pushing for anime this early, ian't he. XD;

Pachimari

Final Fantasy VII is such a joy to play. I can't believe I have been excited to get home and play it again. I haven't had this feeling for a game in at least 3 years. Amazing, and I'm so happy about it.

Today's goal must be, to kick Rufus' ass, and get my revenge from yesterday.

Hektor

Final Fantasy VII is such a joy to play. I can't believe I have been excited to get home and play it again. I haven't had this feeling for a game in at least 3 years. Amazing, and I'm so happy about it.

But people on gamingside told me it's literally unplayable because it is full of archaic mechanics and outdated nonimmersive turn based combat, how can it be

I think he mean buying those nvidia keys off people.
It'll be around $30 on ebay etc.

You got it.

Copons

This is out of context, but maybe for the best, but sometimes I really wish I could openly tell you guys some things on the developer side of Steam. Some funny, interesting, and serious things.

Just out of curiosity, the NDA you had to sign forbids you to talk about anything at all, or is there some leeway?
ie. you can't say how your games sold - or, well, were installed - but you could tell us that you have some kind of options, some checkbox to check to do something

milena87

I'm watching videos of Dragon's Dogma to decide if I should but it... Still unsure. Should I?
I love Action RPGs, but I dislike almost everything Japanese.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how quickly the newcomers left. animuGAF too stronk.

Good luck!

Is this the last expansion? I still need to get Part 1.

I'm watching videos of Dragon's Dogma to decide if I should but it... Still unsure. Should I?
I haven't played it, but I feel like if you can handle Dark Souls, you can handle Dragon's Dogma.

Pachimari

So... what happened to Metal Gear Online on PC? Is it dead or what?

Most likely, people cheat a lot.

No news so far, so probably dead in the gutter.

I seriously still hope it's coming. It was kind of half the reason I bought The Phantom Pain.

[fake edit]

Ooooh, THANK YOU!

I didn't think the steam controller would prove to be better than the 360 pad for games with controller support but now that im used to it i dont see myself going back. Between battery life and extra configuration options i dont think i've used my 360 pad in weeks

Huh, I think I prefer getting coupons to cards. Just got 90% off Sinless and 60% off another already cheap puzzle/adventure game. Is there any rhyme or reason to coupons (do they tend to drop for games on your wishlist or similar to what's in your library) or is it entirely random and a mystery?

Dusk Golem

Does it involve anime?

Just out of curiosity, the NDA you had to sign forbids you to talk about anything at all, or is there some leeway?
ie. you can't say how your games sold - or, well, were installed - but you could tell us that you have some kind of options, some checkbox to check to do something

I've had a debate with a HuniePop dev, does that count?

And no, not anything like that, just innerworkings, and since it's business and all the risks are more severe. Outside of the fact I obviously wouldn't want to lose developer privelages or whatever, I don't want to be rightfully sued for breaking contract.

I could talk about how my title is doing, or tell you my own statistics.

Close Your Eyes has been added to over 70,000 Steam accounts, and been played on 37,000 of them.

But I couldn't tell you a lot more than that.

Dusk Golem

To my understanding, the game is very medieval-based, castles, dragons, griffins, knights, that sort of thing. Deals with a lot of mythological creatures from the West.

ROTTR date announced but steam didn't update its store page let alone start a pre-order option for it.
They are still on holidays?

milena87

I haven't played it, but I feel like if you can handle Dark Souls, you can handle Dragon's Dogma.

To my understanding, the game is very medieval-based, castles, dragons, griffins, knights, that sort of thing. Deals with a lot of mythological creatures from the West.

Yeah, the setting and the combat are the reasons I'm considering it. And some of the fights I'm watching look pretty fun.
Eh, I'll probably buy it just to support this genre and the porting to PC.

Pachimari

Oh yeah, did my first refund, as I accidentally bought Oblivion GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe during the sale. Worked flawlessly.

Sayara

Neo Member
SteamGAF VN leaks, don't wanna spoil more than I have though.

Gonna make you the new head artist for the project! Congratulations !!

For a tiny bit of context, I am the illustrator for that podcast as well. People on twitter have seen me vomit many covers for that cuz they're ALOT less worried for leaking info. I wasn't expecting to hear what I heard about the VN though! is all news to me !

Momentary

Banned
I can't go back to any other version of Windows after using 10. So damn good. I play a lot of random indie and dousing shmups from years ago and haven't run across any issues.

Other than Koei Tecmo games that is.
Also, turning off touch screen services solved the Street Fighter V and Darius crashes. That's the only issue.

Copons

I've had a debate with a HuniePop dev, does that count?

And no, not anything like that, just innerworkings, and since it's business and all the risks are more severe. Outside of the fact I obviously wouldn't want to lose developer privelages or whatever, I don't want to be rightfully sued for breaking contract.

I could talk about how my title is doing, or tell you my own statistics.

Close Your Eyes has been added to over 70,000 Steam accounts, and been played on 37,000 of them.

But I couldn't tell you a lot more than that.

Thanks.
I should totally throw Brodzilla over to Greenlight, just on the off chance it gets on Steam allowing me to see with my own eyes how it works from the pub/dev standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom