• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I got April covered Mr. Orange

uc4n0stn.png

I missed your post, and even if I'm not considering myself Shadow Hearts fan, I think that ShH2 was a nice game, while first one is OK, and lol at the third one. We talked about it several times, Koudelka too, btw. I don't see it as underrated, I kinda think that ideas behind games are better than games themselves, although 2nd one - Covenant, was a step in the right direction.
Koudelka was bad tho.

Never played Koudelka and yeah, the third was disappointing, but I really love SH1 and especially Covenant.

Monooboe

Ah managed to grab Dragons Dogma after all, can't wait! All the times I've played it before I had no friends who also played it but now with you all I can finally get Pawns from my friendlist.

Also happy birthday Kurt!:D

And yeah PCs are dead... like Steams Wintersale was a failure.

I like the uncharted games.

that said, TR2013 is better than 2/3 of the uncharted games and it's a shame it got overlooked because it wasn't tomb-y enough. Sure, it wasn't perfect but man did i love playing that game.

Can't wait for Rise

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I waited so long to do my alien base assault.
Had muton elites, berzerkers and sectopods galore in that mission.
smh

Jawmuncher

that said, TR2013 is better than 2/3 of the uncharted games and it's a shame it got overlooked because it wasn't tomb-y enough. Sure, it wasn't perfect but man did i love playing that game.

Can't wait for Rise

It was better than Uncharted 3. I would put ROTTR far higher up. Like maybe just below UC2. Maybe the same depending on the day.

super LTTP with this, but Lego Marvel Super Heroes really is fantastic. Even just playing the levels, so I imagine that someone getting deep into the unlocks must get a fuckton out of this game

I just started playing it last week as well. Bought it at launch. It is a lot of fun and it is making my nephew more interest in Marvel characters, which I think is good.

Tizoc

I feel tempted to one day make a thread about how Rise of Tomb Raider is better than UC4 :V

But in all seriousness, Rise should hopefully not have any of the issues that I'm hearing about the X1 ver. I plan on playing it with a pad.

It was better than Uncharted 3. I would put ROTTR far higher up. Like maybe just below UC2. Maybe the same depending on the day.

I really like how areas are much more open in TR2013 than in almost all of the uncharted series. Having a decent chunk of area to explore really makes the UC games feel like corridor shooters in comparison.

Sure, the characters in 2013 aren't nearly as appealing as the folks in the uncharted games but the actual gameplay was terrific outside of that stupid river section

Jawmuncher

I really like how areas are much more open in TR2013 than in almost all of the uncharted series. Having a decent chunk of area to explore really makes the UC games feel like corridor shooters in comparison.

Sure, the characters in 2013 aren't nearly as appealing as the folks in the uncharted games but the actual gameplay was terrific outside of that stupid river section

The story and unnartural flow of the big set pieces in TR2013 really dragged it down for me. Which were the same issues UC3 had to me. But most who prefer TR2013 overall agree with it being more open as well as the crafting and everything else being a big part of it.

Echoplx

Can't wait for Rise

The story and characters in tomb raider are complete shit, I hope they at least improve on that in the sequel. More tombs and less shooting would be good too but obviously not going to happen.

Copons

Wait did I miss a Naughty Dog coming to PC thing?

And if I did, why is GAF still up?

And if it didn't, could someone explain all the jokes in the last page or so? T_T

... did you like it? Once you get past the honeymoon stage you'll see how lame it truly is.

Tried DA:I for half an hour. Feels like an open-world version of DA2. Same skill trees, same derpy set-up (this time you're the bog-standard sole survivor who magically has the power to save the world) and I felt bored just running around in the first mission. The camera setup also reminded me of why I couldn't play Gothic II - gave me a headache after a few minutes.

No thanks.

Same thing I thought, damn that game is awful

Monooboe

You must be new to Bioware games.

Sadly not, still waiting for a good price on Mass Effect 3 DLC. But I was hoping the DA:I in that Origin Access thing would the GOTY edition but couldn't find a news article that specified which version it was. Yeah I'm guessing it's the vanilla one.

Sadly not, still waiting for a good price on Mass Effect 3 DLC. But I was hoping the DA:I in that Origin Access thing would the GOTY edition but couldn't find a news article that specified which version it was. Yeah I'm guessing it's the vanilla one.

I got the ME3 DLC through... other means.

It's the deluxe edition - basically, you get a bunch of cosmetic stuff and extra gear (and apparently, you don't get it until a ways into the story anyway).

I will admit that the Dragon Age Keep was pretty cool. Maybe they could do something like that for ME Andromeda (give people rewards based on how much of the previous games they completed/influence plot decisions).

It's the Digital Deluxe Edition...the game + some extra content

Monooboe

I got the ME3 DLC through... other means.

It's the deluxe edition - basically, you get a bunch of cosmetic stuff and extra gear (and apparently, you don't get it until a ways into the story anyway).

I will admit that the Dragon Age Keep was pretty cool. Maybe they could do something like that for ME Andromeda (give people rewards based on how much of the previous games they completed/influence plot decisions).

Aah hopefully they might consider adding DLC in the future, would bite.

Yeah I really like Dragon Age Keep, more games should implement something like that, an external source to keep track of ones progress in games that span more than one game. Rather than relying on savefiles.

It's the Digital Deluxe Edition...the game + some extra content

Ah yeah makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom