• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
MST3K talk >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime talk

skdn0fT.gif

Knurek

Lovely, Wolfenstein 2009 corrupted my savegame during one of the boss fights. I don't really want to start from scratch, so on the discarded pile it goes. :\

Maybe there really are technical reasons why it's not going back on Steam.

Jawmuncher

Lovely, Wolfenstein 2009 corrupted my savegame during one of the boss fights. I don't really want to start from scratch, so on the discarded pile it goes. :\

Maybe there really are technical reasons why it's not going back on Steam.

Trainer and run through walls? Can you download a save?

Anteater

should i ask mr bacon about dino crisis, god hand and okami hd on steam whenever I see him posting on gaf or is that considered poor form

There's a new Indiegala bundle which has some decent games in the second tier.

The IndieGala “Take-Off MEGA” Bundle consisting of 11 SUPER Steam Games is live!

TIER 1 Pay $1 and get the following 3 Steam Games.

Endorlight (STEAM)
Age of Steel: Recharge (STEAM)
Into the Void (STEAM)

TIER 2 Pay $3.89 (SPECIAL 24 Hour Launch Price) and get all 11 Fantastic Steam Games.

Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition (STEAM)
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition (STEAM)
Darksiders (STEAM)
Alien Rage - Unlimited (STEAM)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (STEAM)
Cities in Motion 2 Collection (STEAM)
Death Goat (STEAM)
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition (STEAM)

There was a tweet from Jim Sterling earlier today where he said that the That Dragon, Cancer Steam community had completely gone to shit. Thought I'd check it out and, well, he was right. And it's not just the general level of awful you expect from that place. People going out of their way to be dipshits. Some of the things just make you lose faith in humanity.

On a brighter note, that 20% Amazon pre-order discount is pretty rad. I have two games pre-ordered and I'll save about $50 on them alone. That's half the price of Prime for a year. Very pleased about this.

Jawmuncher

I don't think it'll be Dead Rising 4. There's been murmurs for awhile now for the studio making a new IP. Plus Dead Rising 3 didn't really leave anything open. Though since it's basically a MS series at this point, perhaps they paid capcom some more money for another.

I don't think it'll be Dead Rising 4. There's been murmurs for awhile now for the studio making a new IP. Plus Dead Rising 3 didn't really leave anything open. Though since it's basically a MS series at this point, perhaps they paid capcom some more money for another.

Only reason Dead Rising 3 was made because Microsoft gave them money too. Capcom if I recall was didn't even want to make a 3, at least not then.

Backlogger

That's a really good bundle if you don't have some or most of those games already

Edit: Heck, I might grab just to get some of the DLCs I don't have for some of those games and then do a giveaway with the rest

Jawmuncher

Anteater

I mean he'll see it but not say anything, doesn't hurt either way I guess.

well capcom did say to keep asking for god hand if we want it :0

There was a tweet from Jim Sterling earlier today where he said that the That Dragon, Cancer Steam community had completely gone to shit. Thought I'd check it out and, well, he was right. And it's not just the general level of awful you expect from that place. People going out of their way to be dipshits. Some of the things just make you lose faith in humanity.

gaming community overall is really something I want to stay away from sometimes, they can be extremely toxic, I like gaf and I think moderators are doing a good job keeping it tolerable but at times I don't want to read the gaming side because some people are still so immature but managed to avoid getting banned

Jawmuncher

Man MGO is pretty good so far.

*Disconnected from session*

Edit: ok it's done this to me 5 games in a row, wth. My NAT is open.

dex3108

Lending Clarity To Confusion: The Truth About Nvidia GameWorks

Over the past several years we have heard discussions about the NVIDIA GameWorks package. It has brought amazing effects to games and sadly, accusations about what it is and isn’t doing for those who may not be playing a game featuring GameWorks on an NVIDIA card. But what if I told you that GameWorks could be both summarized very easily and yet have complexities in its design that would allow for both customization and correction of bugs by fellow developers? Because that’s exactly what I’ve found out over the past several months – and I’d like to now share what I’ve learned with others.

For a while I have lamented the fact that it seemed GameWorks was a “black box.” After all, that’s what owners of AMD cards had been told time and time again – by the community and, in some cases, AMD staff. I don’t speak graphics design but I do know my way around program code, and with enough time I can usually understand the general process even if I don’t normally program in that particular language. So why not see if I can find some answers to this by myself? Let’s start by making sure our definition of GameWorks is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom