• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Lovely, Wolfenstein 2009 corrupted my savegame during one of the boss fights. I don't really want to start from scratch, so on the discarded pile it goes. :\

Maybe there really are technical reasons why it's not going back on Steam.
Was it the fight with
the Elite Guard in this weird machine who keeps spawning enemies until you destroy it
? That one glitched out on me too.
Somehow the boss fell through the floor, but was not killed. I almost gave up, and started shooting the ground. It (must have?) killled her, since the game let me go on.
So, I guess two glitches cancelled each other out.

There was a tweet from Jim Sterling earlier today where he said that the That Dragon, Cancer Steam community had completely gone to shit. Thought I'd check it out and, well, he was right. And it's not just the general level of awful you expect from that place. People going out of their way to be dipshits. Some of the things just make you lose faith in humanity.

I made the mistake of reading that forum earlier today, and it is certainly a god damn mess. I can only hope that the parents in question do not read that forum. On the bright side, reception among people who have actually played it seems to be overwhelmingly positive, though I am not sure that I actually want to play it myself (due to the subject).

Tizoc

That game has been hyped front to back since what, 2013? From are so clueless.

More like they didn't want to pay it any attention, I guess some of them still see it as a low mark, but really if u are worried about americans having issues with it, here's a good alternative:
Re-Release it EVERYWHERE but the US.

Wait what the hell. D4:DDDD only has two episodes out?! What the crap.

That cliffhanger...

I was super confused and launched the prologue twice after completing EP2

Wait what the hell. D4:DDDD only has two episodes out?! What the crap.

That cliffhanger...

I was super confused and launched the prologue twice after completing EP2
Yeah, that's partly why I haven't picked it up yet. I heard that it needed to get some decent sales numbers before they'd make more, but I don't think that ever happened. Or at least not yet.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It gets better when you hit 1000
God forbid.

I got April covered Mr. Orange

uc4n0stn.png
This is the Uncharted dude Sony dudes cream their panties over? He's so ugly.

Knurek

Was it the fight with
the Elite Guard in this weird machine who keeps spawning enemies until you destroy it
? That one glitched out on me too.
Somehow the boss fell through the floor, but was not killed. I almost gave up, and started shooting the ground. It (must have?) killled her, since the game let me go on.
So, I guess two glitches cancelled each other out.

Fight at the end of Canary level with the semi-invisible boss. He killed me and did not respawn after reloading.
Screw it.

Tizoc

Good. Still no clue why they would subtract such an elemental feature in the beta in the first place.

Next stop: Co-Op without Chrome extension.

Only really interested in Darksiders, maybe Alien Rage. Not sure, hm.

Darksiders 1 generally goes for under $4.99 during sales.
I think Sniper 2 is good?

dex3108

This provides no clarity. At least none more than we already know. The blurb at the end gives me "shilling" vibes.

In a way he confirmed what i always thought. Nvidia provides tools but in the end it is up to developer to optimize game and not just "copy and paste" code and check few boxes.

Backlogger

Good. Still no clue why they would subtract such an elemental feature in the beta in the first place.

Next stop: Co-Op without Chrome extension.

Only really interested in Darksiders, maybe Alien Rage. Not sure, hm.

I can give you both of those if that is all you want from the bundle.

Mivey

Fight at the end of Canary level with the semi-invisible boss. He killed me and did not respawn after reloading.
Screw it.
Ah, a shame since that is one of the easier bosses, I thought. The game is not very stable, generally. (In terms of ingame consistency, not process stability)
Also, in retrospect, it just felt more lifeless then Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Like it was trying to be every shooter that came out at that time, but forgot to have an identity of its own.
About to start New Order, and hope that it feels less generic.

tuxfool

Banned
In a way he confirmed what i always thought. Nvidia provides tools but in the end it is up to developer to optimize game and not just "copy and paste" code and check few boxes.

Except it really isn't always the case.The AK developers thought it was a worthy bullet point to mention that they had Nvidia developers writing code specifically for their game. You have to wonder just how well do developers understand the code that they're integrating if it requires Nvidia engineers to integrate it.

Kyougar

Actually not the Sun (but very near it)
Corona is close to 500 times as hot as the surface of Sun.

I'm disregarding the Sun's core - pressure, gravity and nuclear explosions going on there muddy the picture somewhat

It was just a joke :( And you didnt mention the night-side of the sun :<

Jawmuncher

That looks amazing, I wish they sold the Vinyl on the store or in a bundle with the limited edition.

GMG had a 25% off coupon, I don't know if that's still active.

To quote Raiden
"It's Already Active!"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MqNEUybuiXI

I know my email says it's an exclusive voucher though.

They really like to hide some of these discounts, guess to catch those unaware.

iosefe

The War is getting tough. it seems every mission has a casualty now...

Today we mourn our comrade Rob "Baron Calamity" Merritt.

Rob had shown exceptional skill on his first mission, and we had great hopes his second mission would also be a resounding success, But an Outsider decided that his time was up. He materialized form nowhere and blasted our poor Rob into Oblivion.

Let it be known, that Rob was swiftly avenged by his comrades, and another god damn alien is in the ground.

ugoo18

Is there a recommended FOV fix for The Evil Within?

I can't stand the FOV and i've never been a person to have FOV issues. Not sure how it compares to ZombiU on the WiiU (Not sure if it's been changed on the re-release) for example but i never had FOV issues with that game but i've seen a decent amount of people complain about its FOV.

Anteater

re5 sure looks nice

i was pretty butthurt when i noticed the game doesn't look/run as good as the 360 ver when I had to buy it on ps3 (fucking 360 died after i tried the demo and I also wanted to play coop for free), good to play it with pretty graphics.

Ah managed to grab Dragons Dogma after all, can't wait! All the times I've played it before I had no friends who also played it but now with you all I can finally get Pawns from my friendlist.

Also happy birthday Kurt!:D

And yeah PCs are dead... like Steams Wintersale was a failure.

We are going to have a ton of Pawns now :)

Thanks!

Friday can't come any sooner!

Dr Dogg

The War is getting tough. it seems every mission has a casualty now...

Today we mourn our comrade Rob "Baron Calamity" Merritt.

Rob had shown exceptional skill on his first mission, and we had great hopes his second mission would also be a resounding success, But an Outsider decided that his time was up. He materialized form nowhere and blasted our poor Rob into Oblivion.

Let it be known, that Rob was swiftly avenged by his comrades, and another god damn alien is in the ground.

At this rate we're going to have to start referring to you as Iosefe Stalin.

dex3108

Except it really isn't always the case.The AK developers thought it was a worthy bullet point to mention that they had Nvidia developers writing code specifically for their game. You have to wonder just how well do developers understand the code that they're integrating if it requires Nvidia engineers to integrate it.

But in the end game was broken not because of Nvidia stuff but because poor optimization. And we all know that Rocksteady didn't gave a damn about PC version so they outsourced it to other studio that wasn't familiar with their Franken UE3 engine. I am sure that Rocksteady would do much better job. Also as far as i know every Middleware company has their engineers help their partners it is not anything unusual.

Played a bit of Pirate Warriors 3 the past few days since K-T seems there is no need to fix that broken port.

The game itself is really fun though, but without mods/cfg the game looks shit. In that Skypiea map all the areas are surrounded by clouds. But you cant see those clouds until you are at the edge of each area. Thats total bs and I dont understand why it wont render the clouds all the time. Same with enemies. You cant see them until you are 15m away from them.
There are fixed for that, but K-T should fix those issues already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom