• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i got the evil within to run at liquid smooth™ 30fps on a 760gtx, it's much better than I expected

haven't played it much though lolz

The War is getting tough. it seems every mission has a casualty now...

Today we mourn our comrade Rob "Baron Calamity" Merritt.

Rob had shown exceptional skill on his first mission, and we had great hopes his second mission would also be a resounding success, But an Outsider decided that his time was up. He materialized form nowhere and blasted our poor Rob into Oblivion.

Let it be known, that Rob was swiftly avenged by his comrades, and another god damn alien is in the ground.

Tell my Mom I loved her!

Kyougar

66 hours into Nobunagas Ambition.

58CD90300B1DAC77031DACB8FDFEF94ED5221B37

(kinda overdid it with building new bases)

- gameplay is solid, even if the actual fights are kinda rudimentary
- If you want to take a historical route, you have to use a walkthrough
- which doesnt really exist in english
- and you can be fucked over by other clans expanding to places they shouldnt do
- i.e. I played a game from Nobunagas Birth until his historical death scenario. i could trigger all the important quests UNTIL
- the point where 15 years nothing happens (depends on how fast you do the other historical quests)
- so I'm sitting there 15 years, waiting for the Dreams Quest to trigger
- and what does the asshole Ieyasu Tokugawa do? conquering Takeda before my quest can trigger and I can do nothing about it. He is my ally and has to be my ally for the Quest.
- I basically fastplayed the normal conquering ending than and started the Dreams chapter normaly from the Main Menu

- create your own clan is fun
- the history sessions and little bits of biography Information on the people are fascinating
- you have to pace out your conquests or you get easily bored

- Sengoku Rance gameplay is better!

Ludens

Banned
I spent all my 2800 MB coins obtained by doing daily logins, FOB events for this, I hope if they rolled back the status they'll give me back my coins too (I don't want a rollback, I'm level 16 :( )

tuxfool

Banned
But in the end game was broken not because of Nvidia stuff but because poor optimization. And we all know that Rocksteady didn't gave a damn about PC version so they outsourced it to other studio that wasn't familiar with their Franken UE3 engine. I am sure that Rocksteady would do much better job. Also as far as i know every Middleware company has their engineers help their partners it is not anything unusual.

I agree, but I'm just saying that account given in the link you posted isn't necessarily the whole picture of how Gameworks features are developed and used.

Khronico

Already played 2hrs of MGO.

I'm having a ton of fun, the movement and shooting mechanics translate well into a multiplayer environment.

Also playing dress up with my characters is great.

Messiah

Thanks y'all for indirectly responding to my dismay last page at not being able to play this. I swear I am a self-contained echo chamber on forums sometimes... :B

/emo

For what it's worth your post had me checking and realizing it really was gone. I just forgot to respond :v

OOH so even during the honeymoon stage he realized it was crap, boy, if you saw through that shit right throught the beginning, trust me it only gets worse later on.

Your comment reminded me of how fucking annoying Cassandra is. I watched a playthrough of DA2 way back when, and hated the framing sections with Cassandra as she questioned Varric. I was immediately reminded me of that when I started Inquisition up.

And the approval system... what a joke.

so, you guys liking this eulogy thing i'm doing? are they creative enough?

I like it. Am I still alive?

yo,

Super Meat Boy

I got near the end of the second world before i said "fuck it" to the dark world, getting bandages, and getting A+'s on stages lol

Still, im really enjoying finally getting around to SMB and good god this soundtrack is something else

going to give it the Fez effort: beat the "main" game and leave the rest to the hardcore folks who cant get enough of it.

Parsnip

Surprised that Psychonauts 2 is going to be Unreal4 game. I was almost certain they would roll with their Buddha tech again.

I'm thinking about jumping into Metal Gear Online. I've only played about 3 hours of the single player game. Is it something that I can do without t=mostly touching the SP?

Surprised that Psychonauts 2 is going to be Unreal4 game. I was almost certain they would roll with their Buddha tech again.

i believe that engine has always given them fits. Pretty sure they had issues getting games to play well with 60 fps, too, so some of their PC games are locked to 30.

Glad they let it go and moved on to something that streamlines their production and works well with PCs

BadRamen

sorry I didn't see your post :(

For what it's worth your post had me checking and realizing it really was gone. I just forgot to respond :v

It's K! :) I tend to vent too much, so don't take it personally! No malice intended.

Just bummed as I was getting hyped on MGO and playing a game only to find it gone! Back to idling card money for The Witness!

And I do enjoy reading the eulogies for dat XCOM play through, iosefe!

Uzzy

In today's Telegraph ‘I am proud to be chosen’: Final Fantasy character Lightning being welcomed into the Louis Vuitton ‘family’

lv-3-large_trans++M37qcIWR9CtrqmiMdQVx7Hnk4Br5GiVFovEsrgivlFU.jpg

What are your upcoming projects?

I’m currently winding down after a long journey. My days are peaceful; it’s what I’ve always dreamed of. I hope these days last a long time.

But I’m always looking to push myself, to better myself. Sometimes I get the urge to put my life on the line again and test my limits.

One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.

I look forward to the day we meet again.

FFXIII-4 confirmed guys. I can't wait.

Kyougar

Damn... that's pretty, well, damning.
I mean, Sengoku Rance is pretty good, but I'd have expected a non-H game to do better.

well, the gameplay is actually nothing like Sengoku Rance :>
I actually am searching for a gameplay experience like Sengoku Rance. I would be happy for an all ages Version of Rance on Steam ;) the H scenes were the least "fun" of the whole package. The gameplay came first, than the Storys and Worldsetting with the unlockable Charackters. But even without the H scenes, sengoku rance would have been kinda heavily rewritten to be "OK" for a western Steam release.

Back to Nobunagas Ambition, the Fighting Gameplay is kinda "meh". Nothing overly tactical like S.Rance Only difference you can make to the outcome of the battle is how you position your Troops and which special ability you have available and at which point in the battle you activate it.

66 hours into Nobunagas Ambition.

(kinda overdid it with building new bases)

- gameplay is solid, even if the actual fights are kinda rudimentary
- If you want to take a historical route, you have to use a walkthrough
- which doesnt really exist in english
- and you can be fucked over by other clans expanding to places they shouldnt do
- i.e. I played a game from Nobunagas Birth until his historical death scenario. i could trigger all the important quests UNTIL
- the point where 15 years nothing happens (depends on how fast you do the other historical quests)
- so I'm sitting there 15 years, waiting for the Dreams Quest to trigger
- and what does the asshole Ieyasu Tokugawa do? conquering Takeda before my quest can trigger and I can do nothing about it. He is my ally and has to be my ally for the Quest.
- I basically fastplayed the normal conquering ending than and started the Dreams chapter normaly from the Main Menu

- create your own clan is fun
- the history sessions and little bits of biography Information on the people are fascinating
- you have to pace out your conquests or you get easily bored

- Sengoku Rance gameplay is better!
Wait, back up... they released this in English? I thought the Nobunaga games were all Japanese or whatever on Steam.

Tizoc

You mean 0.01 cent tier.

Yes, I'm serious.

Destiny is destiny.

Ah fair enough, still worth it for however cheap you want to get it ;)
Wytches is good too but I don't read mch comics as I used to nowadays :/

Wait, back up... they released this in English? I thought the Nobunaga games were all Japanese or whatever on Steam.

Correct, but this particular game was released in english on Steam and PS4 as well.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

$1 tier has some good titles. Sunstone features lesbians and some bondage. Art is superb too~

Another comics bundle, color me surprised. I wish they would do ebooks bundles more often, I got a couple of them and they used to be really good (I'm reading "American Gods" atm, it was in their first bundle, I think). But I guess there aren't a lot of publishers willing to provide DRM free ebooks.

Valve Deploys 100 Gbps Internet Ports from Level 3 after Significant Rise in Steam's Online Gaming Demands

Year-over-Year Increase in Bandwidth Needs Requires Larger Pipes for Growing Audience

BROOMFIELD, Colo., Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Valve, a global online gaming company, is working with Level 3 Communications (NYSE: LVLT) to upgrade its network infrastructure to include 100 Gigabits per second (Gbps) Internet Service ports. The upgrade is in response to the substantial rise in popularity of digital services and online games provided by Steam, Valve's social entertainment and gaming platform. The new ports will give Valve the bandwidth necessary to continue providing an optimal experience as Steam's audience size and usage expands.

Key Facts:

• Level 3's network of 100 Gbps Internet ports is available in 26 markets across North America and Europe.
  • Level 3's global IP backbone capacity is more than 42 Terabits per second (Tbps).
  • Valve's Steam gaming platform has over 100 million users, averaging more than 10 million concurrent players and over two billion minutes played logged per day.
  • Traffic levels to Steam's servers are growing approximately 75 percent year-over-year.
  • Steam averages approximately 450-500 petabytes (PB) of data worldwide per month and four to five exabytes (EB) of data per year.
  • Steam's standard game release can use 10-40 gigabytes (GB) of data per user download.
  • The global games market is expected to bring in nearly $75 billion, according to Superdata.

About Level 3's 100 Gbps Internet Services Solution:

Level 3's 100 Gbps Internet Services solution addresses a number of IP-based trends in the marketplace today:

• Growing demand from content companies for larger Internet capacity to meet end-user expectations.
  • Convergence of legacy networks and/or applications onto a single IP backbone to reduce operational complexity.
  • Need for faster, more reliable connectivity to data centers for business continuity and big data purposes.
  • Growing demand for IP-based services, including broadband Internet, IPTV and VoIP
  • Increased consumption on mobile networks fueling demand for backhaul and aggregation networks.

Key Quotes:

Mike Dunkle, Business Development, Internet Infrastructure, Valve

"Valve is committed to providing Steam customers with the best possible experience and services. Level 3 has been instrumental in helping us scale our network to easily and efficiently manage the accelerated growth we've seen over the last several years. They're one of the few providers that offers 100 Gbps Internet ports, which are now a critical component of our network infrastructure."

Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3

"While online gaming has been around for decades, game developers and distributors are encountering new challenges as online games have become more popular and bandwidth-hungry. Level 3's network of 100 Gbps Internet ports enables companies like Valve to securely handle massive amounts of traffic and bandwidth-heavy downloads, while still providing millions of customers with the seamless gaming experience that has made Steam a leading platform."

you would think Valve would lobby against bandwidth caps if they're interested in keeping things going. I can't keep downloading 30-50 gig games when 2 50 gig games take up a third of my internet usage for the month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom