• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

The LV stuff is hilarious. That nonsense has me excited for whatever else cooky thing Square Enix Japan has in store for us.

Shadownet

Banned
Man, fuck American education system. I have to take a class where I know 98% of the subject, and can't even take a test to see if I can skip the class.

fallout

Surprised that Psychonauts 2 is going to be Unreal4 game. I was almost certain they would roll with their Buddha tech again.
As time goes on, I think having your own engine just makes less and less sense. You don't have to worry about keeping your engine up-to-date with the latest tech. The licensing costs are totally reasonable (and competitive ... thanks, Unity!) and most developers, designers, etc. will be familiar with the tech due to its pervasiveness.

Fallout 4 is some of the jankiest shit I have ever played

Battle Of Bunker Hill when you are friends with everyone. What the hell was that.

Jawmuncher

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/458606248617434499/#p2

An interesting post, so there's an anti-cheat system at the moment in MGO, but Konami is also considering to implement VAC.
Well, considering my experience, that anti-cheat do nothing.

The anti-cheat is probably delayed. They'll get in and ruin the game, but end up banned at some point. They should definitely incorporate VAC as wel though. Then keep the app separate. That was MGSV misdeed and such aren't harmed messing with SP.

MGO is where all the MB coin money should be at anyway.

BigAT

Has anyone here played SquareCells? I became a big fan of Hexcells and didn't know he had a new game out until seeing that it was the daily sale today. Curious how SquareCells is compared to the others.

Parsnip

i believe that engine has always given them fits. Pretty sure they had issues getting games to play well with 60 fps, too, so some of their PC games are locked to 30.

Glad they let it go and moved on to something that streamlines their production and works well with PCs

As time goes on, I think having your own engine just makes less and less sense. You don't have to worry about keeping your engine up-to-date with the latest tech. The licensing costs are totally reasonable (and competitive ... thanks, Unity!) and most developers, designers, etc. will be familiar with the tech due to its pervasiveness.

I'm glad as well, still surprised though.

Tizoc

Yup,

but Koei-Tecmo gonna Koei-Tecmo and released it full price. I had to wait for Wintersale to get it with 50% off :/

It was released on the same time as the PS4 ver. and it was discounted on release.
If it was released full price for ps4 which was concurrent with the Steam release, it's their discretion whether to discount it or not :V
But I assure you it was discounted for $50 prior to its release as a pre-order incentive.

Arthea

I'm not sure how to break this to HB, they may not survive this
that comics aren't books, comics are comics, at most they can call them picture books if they insist on this particular word, but even that is streching
but somebody has to do it

Hopefully as the main character. Ditch that loser Cloud, get a good character in.

you didn't! you couldn't
you actually went there
why?

edited: Lightning as a fashion model is such a ludicrous idea, but I kinda like that campaign.
edit2: reaction to it is cute too

no, they pulled MGSO instead
lol seriously? i tried to do the exploit but it wouldn't work earlier so i just said fuck it.
Man, fuck American education system. I have to take a class where I know 98% of the subject, and can't even take a test to see if I can skip the class.

seems to be its doing its job then, they want maximum dolla dollas

3yQMCDL.gif

Arthea

Has anyone here played SquareCells? I became a big fan of Hexcells and didn't know he had a new game out until seeing that it was the daily sale today. Curious how SquareCells is compared to the others.

I finished it last week. It's not really like Hexcells, it's more Picross with a twist, but it's good, go for it.

Ucchedavāda;192097791 said:
Are you able to install this?
Clicking the "Install now" button just causes my Steam client to stop responding for a bit, and then nothing more happens.
I was just about to post the same thing! Not installing.

Vamphuntr

:( This sucks.

Here in the great white north it's not that bad. Already had degrees and went back to school to switch career and they credited me all the courses that were equivalent. They only asked for the syllabus of each classes which I kept as pdf files and my transcripts with grades.

i dont want dragon's dogma to come out because i know that gaming-side will have about a dozen threads informing us that what DD needs is dark souls's X

i mean i do want it to come out but i dont want people who make those threads to be allowed access to gaf for like 12 months

BadRamen

I don't know what that is, but you should kill it with fire.

It? Kill a person? Has hyperbole gone too far? I'd rather have anime out the kazoo than sarcastic calls for death. :/

And yeah, same issue with me when trying to install Wilson Chronicles. Also the store page says it was released on Dec. 20 last year!

Eila

I try to download Wilson Chronicles and steam just hangs. Strange.
Maybe you need to have some Half Life games installed?

Anteater

He's been the model for a few games. I remember playing Bujingai on PS2.

yeah i have that game but never finished it, lol

what's wrong with you all? You think it's not enough that SE will going to ruin it, you need to add insult to injury?

is that a girl or a guy? I honestly can't tell, it looks like it can be either.

I don't know what that is, but you should kill it with fire.

gackt_vanillak7ou9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom