• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I am a man of my word:

titsscqoqj2.png

Let's fuel our addiction together in the future, Arthy

dex3108

Wasnt this known when they announced the game?

We knew this already, right?

I already thought of it as a kind of episodic game when they first announced the release modle. People like me are probably the reason on why they change it to fully be one.

Anyways, i'm not going to buy an episodic game at full price until all the episodes are out.

They changed few things. First they wanted to launch game in December with only 1 location for 30+$, then they delayed game so they can launch game with 3 locations and every month after that to add one more. And now they will launch game for 15$ and one location and every month they will add one more location. And not to mention that both Square Enix and IO Interactive refused to call it episodic :D

iosefe

We add another loss to our tally, yet thankfully not a living one

LashBot was destroyed as we assaulted a landed spacecraft.

We can rebuild him, we can make him better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think all of my crafting reward coupons thus far have been for Pony Island (half off).

Edit: Of course I get a different one after saying that.

Arthea

I am a man of my word:

http://abload.de/img/titsscqoqj2.png[/IMG

[spoiler]Let's fuel our addiction together in the future, Arthy[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

you won't regret this, I'm sure
it won't go well with your 52 games challenge, but that's about all negatives I can see

The release model was completely different. It was going to cost $35 dollars on launch for the first 3 locations. It seems now the cost is $15 for the first location only on March 11th giving them more time to finish the rest.

Ooo.

Well, waiting until it's all released anyway.

dex3108

I just wonder how journalists will review new Hitman. New locations every month + live contracts and other daily/weekly things. It will be really hard game to review.

neoemonk

I listened to the recent VGMpire featuring Undertale and after hearing the soundtrack I think I'm going to pick it up. Probably buy direct off the site and get the soundtrack as well. Funny that the music was enough to sell me on it.

pahamrick

soon.

also, do you want to become an Officer or is Psion/MEC in your future?

get the digital deluxe edition

25PERC-2016GM-WTHGMG

Lets see, as an assault ... hmm. I'd like to go MEC if possible, but whichever works best for what you want to do in your game is fine.

I just wonder how journalists will review new Hitman. New locations every month + live contracts and other daily/weekly things. It will be really hard game to review.

I imagine a lot of places will review it as is and won't go back to it later.

Ibuki

Banned

Wouldn't they just review it like Life is Strange? A different review for each episode?

AHA-Lambda

Urgh, I'm becoming less and less confident in this the more they muddle their message. After all Absolution also looked great until release.

This announcement actually doesn't change much, it's just a really off hand way of delaying the game, as before they'd committed to having the game completed by June, now it'll be by the end of the year.
Oh, and if you buy in on launch you'll only have one location instead of three as previously promised.

Arthea

We need some journalist/gaming journalist to contact them, because companies usually answer to them.

I really want their ports to be good, since I like their games.

We probably can talk Durante into writing an article about their ports, even if he said he doesn't like to write negative articles, but there is so much more to this talk.
It's apparent they don't understand steam ecosystem at all. They can't drop late not so good ports with features missing, pricing them at 60€ and see how it'll work. Everybody with any steam experience can say them, it won't, if they want to alienate PC folks, they are doing everything right.

They obviously don't use steam themselves, any of them, because if they did, they would know to release DoA5 with cards and gorgeous backgrounds. Just imagine what money they could make of those, probably more than of a game itself, and I'm only partly kidding, and that's only one example.

OTOH there is this thought that nags at me, that they simply don't care, they don't see steam as an opportunity to have a huge fanbase (and that opportunity is there, I'm sure), but to make some extra money with not too much of an effort.

PORT THE ATELIER GAMES ALREADY TECMO

yeah, I'd forgive everything what KT done, if I got decent Atelier ports on steam, and I mean everything!

Knurek

you won't regret this, I'm sure
it won't go well with your 52 games challenge, but that's about all negatives I can see

You know what won't go well with my 52 games challenge?
Let me list you the content of my C:\ Steam directory (aka games to play ASAP):

Last Dream
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Dragon's Dogma
TitS SC

(and last but not least, Mario's Picross GB2, Picross DS, Picross 3D, Pic Pic)

pahamrick

Last Dream
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
TitS SC

Hello and good bye, 200+ hours.

you are infrantry. you've done a good job at it too. you would probably make a good mec

Sounds good. I await the MEC upgrade.

Arthea

Last Dream
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
TitS SC

minus Hong Kong, plus bazillion strategy games I haven't played last year, I think I'm in much worse position than you.

Also I thought Hong Kong is short... it isn't?

dex3108

Wouldn't they just review it like Life is Strange? A different review for each episode?

Issue is that one Hitman "episode" will be updated after release with contracts for example so each episode should be reviewed few weeks after release but if you wait for reviews you will miss some of those contracts.

Knurek

minus Hong Kong, plus bazillion strategy games I haven't played last year, I think I'm in much worse position than you.

Ack, thought of Dragonfall, typed in Hong Kong, which I still don't have. :)
Also added DDDA.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-4D5A68C2BAE0B0E4 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.

t1452802005z1.png

pahamrick

Short when compared to Witcher 3 and Pillars, sure. I think my first run was close to 26 hours.

MUnited83

For you.
Urgh, I'm becoming less and less confident in this the more they muddle their message. After all Absolution also looked great until release.

This announcement actually doesn't change much, it's just a really off hand way of delaying the game, as before they'd committed to having the game completed by June, now it'll be by the end of the year.
Oh, and if you buy in on launch you'll only have one location instead of three as previously promised.

As someone that played the Alpha: it's pretty damn good.

Maniac

Banned

If I was to tell you that, theoretically, what I played was pretty damn great, I would... Theoretically, be breaking an NDA.

Let me instead point it out like this: If they weren't confident, wouldn't they much rather get the full $60 up-front and then deliver a sub-par experience? The fact that it's proper episodic with a much smaller up-front cost definitely points towards confidence.

Confidence that, theoretically would be well-deserved.

... Theoretically.

AHA-Lambda

If I was to tell you that, theoretically, what I played was pretty damn great, I would... Theoretically, be breaking an NDA.

Let me instead point it out like this: If they weren't confident, wouldn't they much rather get the full $60 up-front and then deliver a sub-par experience? The fact that it's proper episodic with a much smaller up-front cost definitely points towards confidence.

Confidence that, theoretically would be well-deserved.

... Theoretically.

hmm, ok, gotcha... theoretically

hqg-52.gif

Nabs

Ed Boon (Mortal Kombat creator) is a master troll, so I don't believe shit that comes from his twitter account. He tweeted this today: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/687687161945051136

"So much more GOOD news on the horizon for the Mortal Kombat X GAME beyond Kombat Pack 2. Stay tuned, and PEACE OUT! "

For those not in the know, Good Game Peace Out is the greatest fighting game netcode out there. If MKX does upgrade to it, I'll go ahead and buy the stupid game. Of course they'll find a reason to skip PC, so fuck it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom