• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

If anybody is interested in Pony Island, I have 18 -50% coupons. Just send me a trade offer.

When do the coupons expire?

Dredd for $1.99? Always wanted to try it. Nice.

Didn't even know it was on Steam.

Didn't even see it was on sale. Thanks!

Ed Boon (Mortal Kombat creator) is a master troll, so I don't believe shit that comes from his twitter account. He tweeted this today: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/687687161945051136

"So much more GOOD news on the horizon for the Mortal Kombat X GAME beyond Kombat Pack 2. Stay tuned, and PEACE OUT! "

For those not in the know, Good Game Peace Out is the greatest fighting game netcode out there. If MKX does upgrade to it, I'll go ahead and buy the stupid game. Of course they'll find a reason to skip PC, so fuck it all.

I still haven't opened my copy of Mortal Kombat X but I also just got it a month ago. :( Would be hype if they update the netcode. Have heard it's currently terrible.

It's insane how difficult IO Interactive is making it for themselves. Literally all they have to do is make some Blood Money style levels using the Absolution engine

But that's what they are doing.

This is literally the only game I'm following on Kickstarter.

rtcn63

Is Oceanhorn any good? I always wanted to try it out.

jshackles apparently gave it his chappa'ai seal of approval

stargate-atlantis-stargate-sg1-atlantis-2469636-1152-870.jpg

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Star Path -- MB-DA088B40FF847D85 - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.

t1452808725z1.png

take it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yes, it's really good. I played it expecting a competent Zelda-clone and was totally blown away by the experience. There are a lot deeper RPG mechanics: for example, your character levels up and gets new abilities like being able to carry more bombs/arrows, faster ship sailing, spells costing less mana, etc. It's so simple in it's execution that I wondered why Zelda never did anything like that. The dungeons in the game are also really great, easily on par with the best dungeons in the Zelda series. There's also a pretty okay story and some mini-games (like fishing) and collectibles that help bring the whole thing together.

Additionally, I felt like the game had about the perfect length. It was long enough to feel like an adventure, but short enough to never feel like I was slogging through it.

I highly recommend it. It was one of my favorite games of last year.

MUnited83

For you.
No, theyre doing an episodic series with a few large open locations

So, Blood Money. The only difference is the episodic model and that doesnt really change the gameplay design. Buy it on full release if you must. But what they are doing is definitely a Blood Money spiritual sequel.

Lomax

Yes, it's really good. I played it expecting a competent Zelda-clone and was totally blown away by the experience. There are a lot deeper RPG mechanics: for example, your character levels up and gets new abilities like being able to carry more bombs/arrows, faster ship sailing, spells costing less mana, etc. It's so simple in it's execution that I wondered why Zelda never did anything like that. The dungeons in the game are also really great, easily on par with the best dungeons in the Zelda series. There's also a pretty okay story and some mini-games (like fishing) and collectibles that help bring the whole thing together.

Additionally, I felt like the game had about the perfect length. It was long enough to feel like an adventure, but short enough to never feel like I was slogging through it.

I highly recommend it. It was one of my favorite games of last year.

Okay, I'm sold. When it gets bundled in three weeks, everyone here can thank me.

ArjanN

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-in-2016

The lastest Ghostlight blog about 2016 is heavy on the teasing. As usual. :p

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year, and that the end of the holiday hasn’t been too much of a shock to the system. :)

Now that we’re in the future, or 2016 as some people call it, I thought I’d talk a little about what you can expect from Ghostlight in the early part of this shiny new year.

First of all, we should soon be ready to announce a Steam release date for Laughing Jackal’s brilliant arcade puzzler Cubixx HD. I’ve been playing quite a bit of the Steam version of Cubixx HD recently, I even ended up showing it to my little cousin over the Christmas holiday, and I’d forgotten how enjoyable it was. :) If you have any interest in score chasing, then Cubixx HD can offer you an awful lot of fun!

Also, coming up early this year we will be announcing another JRPG for Steam as well as the Japanese action game that we’ve been talking about in recent weeks. We’ve had a lot of requests to bring this particular title to Steam so I’m sure that a lot of you will be happy to hear about its upcoming Steam release.

Beyond that, we’re also deep in negotiations for quite a few new Japanese titles, primarily to port to PC, and while at this point it’s too early to disclose any details, let me just say that there are quite a few games among them that are really exciting me! Not only are we looking at a few games from a Japanese developer that I’ve been wanting to work with for a long time, but I’ve also been evaluating a Japanese game which - as far as I’m aware - hasn’t even been announced for Japan yet. Exciting!

Thank you, once again, for your support throughout 2015. I hope you all have a great 2016.

That’s all from me. I’ll be back next week, but until then why not follow us on our Twitter and Facebook pages, our Youtube Channel and our Google + account, where we’ll be posting all the latest news from Ghostlight? You can also follow me on Twitter for a more personal take on all things Ghostlight

Bolded the most interesting bits.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of pahamrick, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales of Zestiria Additional Chapter Alisha's Story -- MB-3DD63C5D1F411A7A - Taken by jshackles. 3 entrants total.

t1452815861z1.png

ArjanN

Thats great. Ross for president.

Cant wait, though I wonder what that action game could be. Oneechanbara?

There's actually a decent amount of that kind of B-tier game (not meant negatively, just talking production /marketing-wise) that never came to PC, like El Shaddai, Drakengard 3, Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi , Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, Nier, Dragon's Crown, Vanquish etc.

I think there's still a big enough audience for games like that on Steam, especially if you're just porting an existing game. I think the difficulty with a lot of these games probably mostly comes from working through the lincenses/rights stuff. The more Japanese developers/publishers get on board with Steam the easier it probably gets though, just because they see other examples of people finding success there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dunno about great, but it was competent. Also a easy 1000G on 360.

Okay... how about "The best Turtles game since Turtles in Time"? I grew up as a huge Ninja Turtles fan, and 1992-2006's Turtle game offerings were all abysmal. 2007's TMNT was the first time I remember thinking to myself "I'm actually enjoying this game" since Turtles in Time.

And yeah, it was easy. But the final boss was kind of a bitch.

Backlogger

If you are like me and hate mobile screen touch controls just be sure to not play it on mobile. I tried it there a while ago and didn't like it because of the controls but hopefully the PC version controls are much better.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Impressions:

play Galak Z despite the terrible voice acting, and play Axiom Verge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom