• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

Dunno if you want this, slighty higher quality.
fffjes8x.png

Thanks! Honestly, that was bothering me the past few days. I'll fix it soon.

It'll be the sequel to Mugen Souls and you'll like it.
>.<

Noooo!

Dsyndrome

Playing Pony Island and being messed with by one of the characters, then the game legitimately crashes. Why must you suck, Unity?

Edit: It's done it twice now, is this part of the game?

Eila

It'll be the sequel to Mugen Souls and you'll like it.
>.<

Well, the only position that game would fit is their unannounced JRPG (it is likely).
They also have an action game and are in talks with a developer they haven't worked with yet <---- Please be one of the big companies.
Their ports aren't super fancy but they work and they pump them out fast.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/ghostlight-in-2016

The lastest Ghostlight blog about 2016 is heavy on the teasing. As usual. :p

Bolded the most interesting bits.

Wonder if the action game is Earth Defense Force 4.1. It was found as part of the steam leak last year. However I'm not sure what rights XSeed have, if say a PC version would be separate from what they have released on the PS4 rights wise. No PC version to buy exists though so it would need to be ported over

Jawmuncher

Well, the only position that game would fit is their unannounced JRPG (it is likely).
They also have an action game and are in talks with a developer they haven't worked with yet <---- Please be one of the big companies.
Their ports aren't super fancy but they work and they pump them out fast.

What if it was Otogi?
Nothing stopping them from working with From I would think.
Oh but I forgot from was bought by Kadokawa or whatever it was.

Nyoro SF

Wonder if the action game is Earth Defense Force 4.1 It was found as part of the steam leak last year. However I'm not sure what rights XSeed have, if say a PC version would be separate from what they have released.

Oh yes, good reminder about EDF.
I think that XSEED is very easy to work with, so we'll see how this goes

This appears to be a PnC game. Wonder what PncGAF have to say about it.

Well apparently it's a remaster of a Russian PnC from 1996-97 (aka the dark age of PnCs,) so it doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

It predates internet memes though, and I'm guessing it was released without game-breaking bugs, so it's probably better than Bunker. Probably. Ugh...I hope.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes, good reminder about EDF.
I think that XSEED is very easy to work with, so we'll see how this goes

I hope it is. I'd so want that on PC and I'd love to see them take the chance to add in the genocide guns they removed from the other versions for stability reasons.

Eila

What if it was Otogi?
Nothing stopping them from working with From I would think.
Oh but I forgot from was bought by Kadokawa or whatever it was.

Personally I hope it's Falcom but I'll take whatever.
It would also be amazing if they were contracted by SEGA but I'm expecting something more niche.

ArjanN

Can't really think of a action game they would bring. It's gonna be a big surprise whatever it is I think. They said it was highly requested. So it has to be something of a big deal.

Bloodborne confirmed! :p

Seriously though,

I'm guessing they get lots of requests for all kinds of stuff and I realize they have to hype it up a bit regardless. P

I'm hopeful though and I'd be happy with any of the stuff I mentioned above. ( El Shaddai, Drakengard 3, Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi , Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, Nier, Dragon's Crown, Vanquish etc)

Honestly that type of game tended to be mostly the console exclusive stuff I actually wanted on PC, more than a lot of the bigger AAA shooters, driving, sports etc exclusives that generally got hyped as the big exclusives.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Playing Pony Island and being messed with by one of the characters, then the game legitimately crashes. Why must you suck, Unity?

Edit: It's done it twice now, is this part of the game?

If you're dealing with the third core file
the game isn't actually crashing, close the pop-up window and wait.

Blu(e)

People keep mentioning El Shaddai, I was under the impression that it's kind of crappy?

It is. It just looks nice.
It'll look nicer on PC.

I think it's more of people wanting to bring games that were on consoles only to the PC so they just aren't lost forever to the PS3/360 gen. It's kind of nice having a "definitive" edition all the while preserving it.

KingKong

So, Blood Money. The only difference is the episodic model and that doesnt really change the gameplay design. Buy it on full release if you must. But what they are doing is definitely a Blood Money spiritual sequel.

One of the best things about Blood Money is the variety of locations and tight level design. Just having big locations with multiple missions and 'contracts' in each one changes the gameplay design. Who knows, of course, maybe they'll be able to fit in something like A New Life and Murder of Crows into one level but I doubt it

xJavonta

Banned
There's a Razer sale going on? 50% off? I should probably get a new mouse and keyboard and get rid of these goodwill peripherals I've been using

edit: LMAO shipping is $14 get bent razer

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sniper Elite 3 question: Can you keep the slomo bullet cam replays but turn off the xray?

MUnited83

For you.
One of the best things about Blood Money is the variety of locations and tight level design. Just having big locations with multiple missions and 'contracts' in each one changes the gameplay design. Who knows, of course, maybe they'll be able to fit in something like A New Life and Murder of Crows into one level but I doubt it

You can find quite a bit of variety inside those locations, and the gameplay design so far is very much Blood Money-like. Having played the alpha i'm pretty hyped, as if they keep up the quality on the rest of the locations, it will easily be better than Blood Money.

ArjanN

Exciting like in a pervert way or exciting meaning fun? I'm happy I got Elminage from them but I'm really hoping it's actual quality stuff they are bringing over and not some crap like Mugen Souls.

It's pretty obvious he didn't mean exciting in the 'arousing' sense there.

It is. It just looks nice.
It'll look nicer on PC.

I think it's more of people wanting to bring games that were on consoles only to the PC so they just aren't lost forever to the PS3/360 gen. It's kind of nice having a "definitive" edition all the while preserving it.

I haven't actually played it myself, it did have really neat art direction, but I don't think people were that hot on it otherwise, It was just an example of one of those B-tier type of games that get lost in the cracks, once you start looking there's actually quite a few of those, especailly last gen.

Man I'm feeling the Xcom 2 hype. Dunno if I want to drop $60 on it though (or whatever it costs on GMG with discount).

Hmmmm.

You can always play Invisible Inc to hold you over. XCOM2 has a pretty steep hill to climb to top that game for me personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom