• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought these were games, lemme double check

edited: checking does nothing, I just see cards.

holy smoke, how you got so many points, Jasec?

You earn x points for owning a Microids game and I own all of them save for The ABC Murders.

Tizoc

Take these off my hands, lads
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robin Hood -- MB-D726C930ADF24082 - Taken by Chariot
RAGNAROK ONLINE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION -- MB-F1B88F57B38CA5F2 - Taken by hesho
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron Key #2 -- MB-0AEEABA82757E4B2 - Taken by Ronik
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-022CA8B03471BA29 - Taken by ussjtrunks

The wait for these announcements will be painful ToT

Hype rising!
Oneechanbara will be great (now playing Wii version, not bad at all)

You know what a Steam release would be the one way I'd play Oneechanbara :V
But as much as I'd like for El Shaddai, I really hope it'd be Shadows of the Damned.
Hey shooting is Action game too :V

accel

A new clicker has to offer something interesting and novel, I am not seeing anything, sadly. Maybe it will change when they release.

Also:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (blackcrane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RAGNAROK ONLINE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION -- MB-20278B210B097357

Ronan

Neo Member
Here's hoping I did this right

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ronan:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ronan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Nostradamus #2 -- MB-2A45093672EB341A - Taken by Zeknurn
Nostradamus -- MB-CFAA145F748A57B0 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Experience 112 -- MB-383CC2ADF8B7F96E - Taken by fuzzy123
Gods vs Humans -- MB-CDC779787890B417 - Taken by Sarcasm

dex3108

I played Bloodborne today again and for an hour and i didn't move from same area XD I mean i can see why people love it but for me game has same issue that Max Payne 3 had, and that is environment. It simply gets in your way if you want to dodge and sometimes attack. I know i am noob for Souls games and i need to git gud but for now i have mixed feelings about game.

jdw_b

I played Bloodborne today again and for an hour and i didn't move from same area XD I mean i can see why people love it but for me game has same issue that Max Payne 3 had, and that is environment. It simply gets in your way if you want to dodge and sometimes attack. I know i am noob for Souls games and i need to git gud but for now i have mixed feelings about game.

Use the environment to cheese everything

It's a design choice!

Saty

Since 2012 "Multitasker" has been trying to finish all the Steam games. He knows he'll never complete his mission, but he's soldiering on regardless.

Multitasker would prefer to keep his real name off the internet - as best he can, anyway. And in this age of doxxing and all the rest, I don't blame him. But he will say he's Norwegian, in his mid-thirties, and works as an IT consultant. He married his highschool sweetheart and has a two-year-old son. Another child is on the way.

Interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-15-meet-the-man-trying-to-finish-all-the-steam-games

I think I enjoy the base management in XCOM more than the actual missions :>

Any other games do that sort of thing (well?) Last Fire Emblem I played (the first NA release on GBA) didn't have anything like that. IDK if more recent Fire Emblem games have any sort of base management.

Also...suddenly it's 5:30 in the morning. Welcome back Civ effect.

Nzyme32

I was actually just wondering what Half-life / Portal mods were around worth playing. I recently finished Black Mesa and saw some buzz around Portal Stories:Mel.

Has any one played it?

If you are looking at HL2 mods, I definitely recommend Minerva, especially if you play at the hardest difficulty which I found made the game really tense. I think the guy that made it ended up being hired by Valve.

accel

I created two accounts, I got only cards.
If I link my Steam account, is there an option to unlink it?

I don't think so (and if I were Microids, I wouldn't do such an option because it wouldn't do a whole lot - ie, the site would have to prevent you from connecting a different Steam account, so they'd have to store something - account data or at least some flag - and if you are worried about Microids having some data about your Steam account, it's already past the time to be worried, they already have it).

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/399120/

Pre-Order now for $8.99!

Knew this sounded familiar. This is by the guy who put this (then called Project X) on a pendrive, put that in a briefcase then sent it to Valve and got no response: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-25-the-man-who-sent-his-game-in-a-briefcase-to-gabe-newell

If you are looking at HL2 mods, I definitely recommend Minerva, especially if you play at the hardest difficulty which I found made the game really tense. I think the guy that made it ended up being hired by Valve.

Yes, Adam Foster. He was involded in the Portal 2 ARG and is now experimenting with photogrammetry in VR.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood -- MB-3367AF1070B614C7 - Taken by TheAutomator

I won something but I already own it :D

jdw_b

Fuck that spider thread

I'm not going in it as I can guarantee someone will post a massive spider picture to piss people off

Regginator

does anyone know how long it will approximately take to idle 200 cards? or is it the usual rate of 1 drop per hour = 200 hours?

Ludens

Banned
Well, if someone has a spare Nostradamus key, I will accept it, I also have several bundle spares so I can give you something back.

Chariot

Fuck that spider thread

I'm not going in it as I can guarantee someone will post a massive spider picture to piss people off
What spider thread? GAF shitting again on one of the best human companions, colour me surprised. If you play videogames all day you lose your ability to empathically connect to spiders. A shame.

Deques

does anyone know how long it will approximately take to idle 200 cards? or is it the usual rate of 1 drop per hour = 200 hours?

Each game has different time for each card drop, so it's impossible to say how long it will take to idle through 200 cards. 15 minutes is the minimum drop time. There are some games that it can take up to 2 hours for each card drop
And you must have at 2 hours play time before the first card will drop

jdw_b

What spider thread? GAF shitting again on one of the best human companions, colour me surprised. If you play videogames all day you lose your ability to empathically connect to spiders. A shame.

It's in Gaming, like I said i'm not going in

Bolded...what? lol

accel

I think it is closer to 1.8 drops per hour. (Excluding the initial 2-hour period of no cards, whether that happens or not.)

Pachimari

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna do Oxenfree today, and make it the first game I complete. Final Fantasy VII is a little on the backburner now, but I will surely still complete it. I should get back to it tomorrow.

Arthea

It sucks that Steam is punishing those who has refunded once. The two hours minimum should go away after 2 weeks after each purchase/activation

you aren't losing much, trust me, all card drop times are atrocious now, I haven't had cards to drop in less than 2 hours for any game since that change, and I don't have to wait 2 hours, there is really no going back, compared to what I used to get, I get 1/3 number of cards.

Jawmuncher

you aren't losing much, trust me, all card drop times are atrocious now, I haven't had cards to drop in less than 2 hours for any game since that change, and I don't have to wait 2 hours, there is really no going back, compared to what I used to get, I get 1/3 number of cards.

I remember when you could get all cards in 2-4 hours. Those were the days.

Arthea

I remember when you could get all cards in 2-4 hours. Those were the days.

these days I consider myself lucky if I get all cards to drop before finishing the game

Cards should be given instantly after each purchase or two weeks after purchase for those who have refunded :/

you know that would make most people to refund some random game just to get this arrangement, 2 weeks delay, totally beats 6-8 hours idling per game.

edited: I know it's too late to worry, but I can't help it. How safe is that Microids site, I wonder.

Cards should be given instantly after each purchase or two weeks after purchase for those who have refunded :/

No way.

That would flood an already flooded market. Locking it behind having to either play or "play" the game at least keeps a small degree of scarcity in the supply/demand of cards.

The current rate of drops sucks, though. Another victim of refunds.

milena87

That Microids thing was pretty fun and I won 2 games that I didn't have. I couldn't complete a single card collection, though...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy #2 -- MB-96EEC2E020C36D1A - Taken by dave is ok
Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy #1 -- MB-A304AEF0FC327F45 - Taken by Hektor
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy -- MB-4ABF5E6BE55D4F3F - Taken by ussjtrunks

accel

edited: I know it's too late to worry, but I can't help it. How safe is that Microids site, I wonder.

I don't know how safe it is, I mean, they are probably really Microids, because they seem to have a lot of keys for Microids games and these keys seem to work, but who knows what backdoors their site has.

But I don't think sharing Steam account info amounts to much. Here's what Steam says:

---
By signing into <whatever site it is> through Steam:

* the site will be able to identify you within the Steam Community and retrieve public info such as your stats and achievements.
* a unique numeric identifier will be shared with the site, rather than your Steam login credentials.
* basic information about your Steam account will be shared with a third-party web site.
---

That doesn't look dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom