• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Well, I don't know what you should play next, but what I do know is that Ori is fantastic.

Which genre of game did you play last? Choose the one that differs more from it.

septicore

ModBot said:
Instructions for septicore:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron #3 -- MB-EB64F5D846C16F7F - Taken by Chariot
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron #2 -- MB-FD1B84A9F35049F3 - Taken by Kuroyume
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy -- MB-46C21A8CBAE2C96F - Taken by Megauap
Amerzone: The Explorers Legacy -- MB-C905CE37ABD925FB - Taken by Stronghammer22
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy #2 -- MB-BD525DC5C69B372F - Taken by Intel
The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses #2 -- MB-6B9FF67D0B79920F - Taken by Zeknurn
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-50F3BD20821FA9A1 - Taken by nightstorm
RETURN TO THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND 1 and 2 -- MB-CACF53C8DC4C8430 - Taken by Mikurden
eXperience 112 #2 -- MB-A33C030D0FB7EF5F - Taken by Ronik
Crazy Cars - Hit the Road -- MB-BF5C6460FF295647 - Taken by Japle
eXperience 112 -- MB-06F9CB51C1202DB7 - Taken by kurahador
The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses -- MB-69E8CEEC3D90885D - Taken by Ronan
Robin Hood -- MB-592A5FEB4B4D9C23 - Taken by Zeeman
Robin Hood #4 -- MB-7A61AAD59791C940 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Robin Hood #2 -- MB-8DA9544BEEBA9E23 - Taken by anastef
Robin Hood #3 -- MB-013FA5BB4E13761E - Taken by ExoSoul

Got this all from the Microids thing.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Your call, SteamGAF. (I'll try to keep tally of the numbers.)

What am I playing next?

-Rebel Galaxy
-Ori and the Blind Forest
Ori is a stunningly beautiful Metroidvania with a lot of heart and a near perfect videogame.
Rebel Galaxy is a videogame i've never played.

I would go with Ori.

The hype got to me.

dragonsdogmah5u0d.png

I've grown hopeful with Dragon's Dogma's PC release.
I called myself crazy for wishing that Folklore, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Nier or one of the King's Field games would one day find their way to Steam.
Not anymore.

I want to believe.
1 AM unlock time, ugh. I'll be playing this and Ori for the following week.

Annubis

Stop talking about free Ragnarok Online subs.... you're making me want to go back to the thing that claimed 8 years of my life =(

I want Tree of Savior so damn bad

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala "Altered Worlds" Bundle

TIER 1 Pay $1 and get the following 3 Steam Games.

Devils & Demons (STEAM)
Tulpa (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Meridian: New World (STEAM)

TIER 2 Pay $1.99 (SPECIAL 24 Hour Launch Price) and get all 10 Fantastic Steam Games.

In Between (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
The Inner World (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Solar Flux (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Coffin Dodgers (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Bridge Constructor (STEAM)
Bridge Constructor Medieval (STEAM)
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

https://www.indiegala.com/altered

dex3108

Boom

Fallout 4 1.3 Patch

New Features
  • New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
  • New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)
  • Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
  • Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
  • Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode

Gameplay Fixes
  • General memory and stability improvements
  • Improved performance when looking through a scope
  • Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
  • Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
  • Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
  • Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
  • Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
  • Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
  • Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
  • MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
  • Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
  • Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
  • Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
  • Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
  • Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
  • Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
  • Robotics expert is now usable in combat
  • Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
  • Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked

Quest Fixes

• Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
  • Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
  • Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
  • Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
  • Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
  • Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
  • Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
  • Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
  • In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
  • Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
  • Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
  • After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
  • Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
  • During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
  • In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
  • During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
  • In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
  • Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly

Workshop Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
  • Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
  • Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
  • Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
  • Building wires no longer uses up copper
  • Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
  • Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
  • Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
  • Diamond City house now shows provided power
  • Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
  • Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
  • Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1583568-fallout-4-13-beta-update/

Nice, VR needs to render a 3k image at 90 fps to, you know, work.

Has there even been a tech that was as dead in the water as this? I can't recall anything... Maybe Scratch & Sniff?
Aside from this baseless thread, VR (rift, vive) going in with high prices could be a good thing from the following. It's the first big VR start, so making a very good first impression is important on the masses who haven't even heard of VR. Like every new tech prices should go down drastically in a short span anyway.
That's my take on the pricing.

I do think you were sarcastic though tbh even if no one caught it ;)
Dragon's Dogma will open up in a few hours and I won't be up for the "launch" so I'll just leave the English and Japanese version of Coils of Light (just a random song I like from the OST).

If it's your first time playing check out the OT that has a few tips and some people from the community that I'm sure will help you out when they can. Hope you enjoy your stay.

The wind is pushing me
Come 15th January the Digital Artbook will vanish. All those drawings will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.
q7VZFqy.png
Gotta quote myself two times like a narcissistic meatbag but hey, better than re-writing the same stuff :)

Knurek

Why do you sometimes make posts that are exceedingly idiotic?

Red Answer (Destroy):
image.php

Blue Answer (Control): I know this might seem like a novel idea, but NeoGAF is a discussion board, ie a place to share and discuss your viewpoints. Some of mine might not align with yours, some might not align strongly but is that really such a bad thing? Look at the last page, just look at it. Actual discussion, not a slew of fuckanime.gifs or pbf_birthday.png reposts. I feel like I've done an actual good deed today for the betterment of SteamGAF

Green Answer (Synthesis): I am strongly concerned about the ongoing trend of whale hunting by hardware companies. Intel has been demanding premium money for its products, while keeping the actual interesting offering well above my comfort line. Same with NVIDIA. Same with Apple. And now, same thing is happening with VR companies. I genuinely don't think making a product for upper 0.1% of Enthusiast market (which by itself is a 0.1% of Gamer market, which by itself is a 0.1% of Personal Computer market) is a viable strategy and am just voicing my concerns. Time will tell if it will work out for the interested parties, or will we have a rerun of the last VR resurgence - I am old enough to remember the hype for playing Doom with a VR helmet on you 386SX.

Pick your poison, depending on your EMS value.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul -- MB-C78954C08FA505F4 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 11 entrants total.

t1452885709z1.png

Gurrry

Hey duders, I am having trouble remembering the name of this game that is supposed to either be out now or coming out very soon. It looks like castlevania/dark souls, great pixel art, I think it was called Stained?

I tried looking it up on steam and it gave me some other game.

derExperte

Hey duders, I am having trouble remembering the name of this game that is supposed to either be out now or coming out very soon. It looks like castlevania/dark souls, great pixel art, I think it was called Stained?

I tried looking it up on steam and it gave me some other game.

Slain!

Ban Puncher

Red Answer (Destroy):
image.php

Blue Answer (Control): I know this might seem like a novel idea, but NeoGAF is a discussion board, ie a place to share and discuss your viewpoints. Some of mine might not align with yours, some might not align strongly but is that really such a bad thing? Look at the last page, just look at it. Actual discussion, not a slew of fuckanime.gifs or pbf_birthday.png reposts. I feel like I've done an actual good deed today for the betterment of SteamGAF

Green Answer (Synthesis): I am strongly concerned about the ongoing trend of whale hunting by hardware companies. Intel has been demanding premium money for its products, while keeping the actual interesting offering well above my comfort line. Same with NVIDIA. Same with Apple. And now, same thing is happening with VR companies. I genuinely don't think making a product for upper 0.1% of Enthusiast market (which by itself is a 0.1% of Gamer market, which by itself is a 0.1% of Personal Computer market) is a viable strategy and am just voicing my concerns. Time will tell if it will work out for the interested parties, or will we have a rerun of the last VR resurgence - I am old enough to remember the hype for playing Doom with a VR helmet on you 386SX.

Pick your poison, depending on your EMS value.

Gold Truth: You got #rekt son lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

GZ4bRQw.gif

accel

Look at the last page, just look at it. Actual discussion, not a slew of fuckanime.gifs or pbf_birthday.png reposts. I feel like I've done an actual good deed today for the betterment of SteamGAF

(I agree.)

I am strongly concerned about the ongoing trend of whale hunting by hardware companies. Intel has been demanding premium money for its products, while keeping the actual interesting offering well above my comfort line. Same with NVIDIA. Same with Apple. And now, same thing is happening with VR companies.

I think in the particular case of VR it's much simpler - the tech is hard, there are lots of unknowns (just reading on that motion sickness thing - and how nobody has any idea why it happens and tries to play a shaman adding FPS and sensors and precision and whatnot, basically *hoping* that these things will make the weird sense of sickness go away - makes one appreciate on what kind of an edge between known and unknown the tech is), so they naturally limit the task which they work on, and don't care about the costs just yet. When and if the expensive stuff, designed to just work, somehow proves that the thing is ready and worth the time, when they learn what matters and what doesn't tech-wise, they will concentrate efforts on making it affordable and hip and easy to carry and whatever. But it has to work first.

Madn

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-6BC1D7D14DA1FE7B - Taken by FloatingDivider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom