• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIZPHEs.png

Just finished Alien. 7am... it grabbed me good :) Pretty meaty game which never felt to drag on to me gladly. What a refreshing experience for someone like me who never played a horror game before. The tension was incredible! But it got too much and I dialed the difficulty down. It was still scary but I could enjoy the exploration aspect this way a whole lot more.
The game just clicked with me and I am not really an Alien fan but from the incredible visuals to the haunting tunes. The frightening sound effects to lovingly put aesthetics of a 70s sci-fi setting. It all clicked from start to finish. Sneaking past enemies was a challenge as was deciding the timing to open vents and using terminals. Just brilliant! It's probably attributed to my playstyle but I almost never used an item or a weapon. Thus I ran with maxed equipment and ammo from which I only used the
flamethrower in the last hours frequently to scare away the alien.
The set-pieces were very, very good and some very unexpected even. Some made me only yearn for more and get excited for Adrift ;)

Very strong ending, loved it. The last several hours were immensely fun. Absolute recommendation by me. Totally. Even for scaredy-cats like me. The exploration aspect where you can soak in the world is very well done. Very polished and accomplished alien experience.

I'll probably take a look at the DLC on Youtube what they are about. More campaign-style gameplay with new areas and story would be cool.

But for now.... I ought to go to bed. It's past 7:30am already, shit! ( *_*)

xHiryu

Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmare is amazingly disappointing, Desperate Escape isnt that much better either. Steam GAF, since I'm playing them in coop, do I play RE Revelations or 6 next?

Planning on getting HD Remake and 0 Remake on PS4 soon though, never played OG Resident Evil started with RE 4 Wii Edition.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmare is amazingly disappointing, Desperate Escape isnt that much better either. Steam GAF, since I'm playing them in coop, do I play RE Revelations or 6 next?

Planning on getting HD Remake and 0 Remake on PS4 soon though, never played OG Resident Evil started with RE 4 Wii Edition.

Biohazard: Revelations doesn't have co-op unless you're doing Raid mode, which isn't the story.

Biohazard: Revelations 2 has co-op IIRC. In story AND Raid.

Biohazard 6 is terrible. Avoid it at all costs.
Though it does have forced co-op like Bio5

So... uh... Biohazard 6, I guess? *flinch while saying this*

I guess they hoped Capcom learned from the fan reaction to REmake 30FPS, no dice though. It sucks for console fans.

Now RE2make being 30FPS on consoles makes sense because it's going to be brand new and in a large city environment.
I've seen people say shit along the lines of "who cares, this kind of game doesn't need 60fps" and then it doesn't have 60fps and it becomes "lazy Capcom".

xHiryu

Biohazard: Revelations doesn't have co-op unless you're doing Raid mode, which isn't the story.

Biohazard: Revelations 2 has co-op IIRC. In story AND Raid.

Biohazard 6 is terrible. Avoid it at all costs.
Though it does have forced co-op like Bio5

So... uh... Biohazard 6, I guess? *flinch while saying this*

I have heard the game is terrible but the improved gameplay will hopefully be enough to keep the game fun in coop. Also before I bite the bullet, are the RE Remakes 60fps on PS4 or nah?

accel

This appears to be a PnC game. Wonder what PncGAF have to say about it.

I am like 15 pages late, but anyway, FWIW...

I played the original - there was a whole series with the same heroes, Save the Galaxy was middle of the pack in my opinion - it's not a bad game. There are plenty of screens, the images aren't bad. The puzzles are nothing to write home about, in places you'd be tempted to just Google. The main shtick of the game and the series is the setting / heroes and the jokes around it, the game was made for the former CIS, some of the jokes might seem weird / dumb (some are). Translation might be an issue as well.

I have heard the game is terrible but the improved gameplay will hopefully be enough to keep the game fun in coop. Also before I bite the bullet, are the RE Remakes 60fps on PS4 or nah?
They are not, and the original REmaster on PS4 has some framepacing issues I think.

RE6 wasn't even fun for me in coop, but I keep pushing through with my sister because it's so stupid that we love making fun of it.

accel

I linked my steam account through the library section and:

You won 6000 M Points thanks to your purchases on Steam!

Nice find! Thanks for the link, time to draw some cardz

I can't login to Microids via Steam for some reason. Is it that I have to create a Microids login first and then connect Steam account to it?

Ozium

I got a Robin Hood key and I somehow don't have it in my library!

damn now just got a Iron Storm key and I don't have that either..

I'm no longer getting emails from Microids, I think I broke it. Won about 15 games so far, Iron Storm the only one I don't already have.

Probably tripped Yahoo's spam flags.

drakaenae

I'm no longer getting emails from Microids, I think I broke it. Won about 15 games so far, Iron Storm the only one I don't already have.

Probably tripped Yahoo's spam flags.
Same thing happened to me, but the emails arrived about 30 minutes later on my Yahoo account.

accel

Regarding Microids.

6000 points, won one game, rest are MP3s / wallpapers. Somehow I ended up with none of the 11 card rows completed - I am missing 1 card in 9 of them, 2 cards in the remaining 2... Got lots of duplicate cards (ie, 7x Thief).

Anteater

I won like 5 games, this is legit, won nostradmus, amerzone, gods vs humans, north vs south, pirates vs corsaires

one of the keys is duplicate though... but whatever

COME ON

Yo4UPSZ.jpg

and fuck this guy
JENXRvy.jpg

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Haegemonia -- MB-39271F9BCF977211 - Taken by texhnolyze
Experience 112 -- MB-B9D0009EAF7D8D00 - Taken by yoshizzle
Experience 112 #3 -- MB-306FF2483DDD107C - Taken by Anteater
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy #2 -- MB-4B11D404F10A26BD - Taken by Ibuki
Experience 112 #2 -- MB-112012EA16FC404C - Taken by Ibuki
Iron Storm -- MB-892D9E1EED93C718 - Taken by Zeknurn
Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy -- MB-D089D818DF1302AD - Taken by Ibuki
Iron Storm #3 -- MB-879E595289224066 - Taken by Ludens
Iron Storm #2 -- MB-68AF7F2694636E52 - Taken by Ibuki
Iron Storm #4 -- MB-4FD764A0259D17AF - Taken by yoshizzle

Spares

daxy

Don't even want to add these games to my account :U

I thought I won ABC Murders, checked my email, got the wallpaper. Great.

Still missing some emails, it also said I instantly won copies of Subject 13 and ABC Murders, but I only got artwork in the mail!

Collections are so rigged, I have at least 5 and as many as 8 of 3 out of 4 of most of them!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

POST MORTEM #2 -- MB-1B2D6066C59EB598 - Taken by Ibuki
NOSTRADAMUS -- MB-DB927E5ADCD6022C - Taken by yoshizzle
GODS VS HUMANS -- MB-510C08165D823DA4 - Taken by Loptous
HAEGEMONIA (Legions of Iron I Think) -- MB-2E4B397E5FA38A8C - Taken by Mikurden
AMERZONE #2 -- MB-2B076A2C4408C83C - Taken by yoshizzle
DARKSTONE -- MB-3848463F1F8DCF90 - Taken by Anteater
AMERZONE -- MB-F82892F22419B272 - Taken by Kuroyume
POST MORTEM -- MB-14D16D567356C9E7 - Taken by Kuroyume
AMERZONE #3 -- MB-ADE6A253ACCC8FBB - Taken by Ibuki
IRON STORM -- MB-66B11B067B90CA86 - Taken by Kuroyume
EXPERIENCE 112 -- MB-704476E30F376089 - Taken by fspm
HAEGEMONIA (One of them?) -- MB-85660740AAA5B791 - Taken by Ibuki
EXPERIENCE 112 #2 -- MB-E1CF1D118E68E452 - Taken by Mikurden

(t)extra.
ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Tesla Effect -- MB-F55CD57F0AF4F42F - Taken by BorntoPlay

Adding on to what has been said beware that Rev 2 campaign coop is local split-screen only.

So if you want online coop non-raid go with RE6. Which is light years better in mechanics than 5.

More dribbling in.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

PIRATES VS CORSAIRES -- MB-C3DFA9175122D4C3 - Taken by Ibuki
NOSTRADAMUS -- MB-097F74E5EE20014B - Taken by kurahador
NORTH VS SOUTH -- MB-1D9E69F1AF650324 - Taken by Ibuki

UltraJay

Okay, you guys got me to play this game. I only own Siberia on Steam so it only gave me 600 points + account creation = 1700 points. I own the Still Life games on GOG urg... If I had a choice Siberia would be there too.

I won Experience 112 from a card drop and was one card away from getting Dark Stone.

Locust

Still missing some emails, it also said I instantly won copies of Subject 13 and ABC Murders, but I only got artwork in the mail!

Collections are so rigged, I have at least 5 and as many as 8 of 3 out of 4 of most of them!
If you check the contest rules you can see the prize distribution. There's only 2 ABC Murders codes up for grabs for example so it makes sense no one got that last card :p

UltraJay

DIZPHEs.png

Just finished Alien. 7am... it grabbed me good :) Pretty meaty game which never felt to drag on to me gladly. What a refreshing experience for someone like me who never played a horror game before. The tension was incredible! But it got too much and I dialed the difficulty down. It was still scary but I could enjoy the exploration aspect this way a whole lot more.
The game just clicked with me and I am not really an Alien fan but from the incredible visuals to the haunting tunes. The frightening sound effects to lovingly put aesthetics of a 70s sci-fi setting. It all clicked from start to finish. Sneaking past enemies was a challenge as was deciding the timing to open vents and using terminals. Just brilliant! It's probably attributed to my playstyle but I almost never used an item or a weapon. Thus I ran with maxed equipment and ammo from which I only used the
flamethrower in the last hours frequently to scare away the alien.
The set-pieces were very, very good and some very unexpected even. Some made me only yearn for more and get excited for Adrift ;)

Very strong ending, loved it. The last several hours were immensely fun. Absolute recommendation by me. Totally. Even for scaredy-cats like me. The exploration aspect where you can soak in the world is very well done. Very polished and accomplished alien experience.

I'll probably take a look at the DLC on Youtube what they are about. More campaign-style gameplay with new areas and story would be cool.

But for now.... I ought to go to bed. It's past 7:30am already, shit! ( *_*)

Man, you are making me want to pick this up again. I stopped while
trying to kill the alien.
Should have completed it.

But for now I'm trying to complete Resident Evil REmaster. I'm sooo slow at this game plus I'm trying to stock pile everything. Haven't even gotten to the first boss fight even though I
saved Richard
. People beating this in 2 hours or so... you've just played this so many times before? Should I just power through it?

Nabs

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood #2 -- MB-1A67C7479691DA6F - Taken by Popstar
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood -- MB-9E1B10C9293BB7B2 - Taken by Ibuki

Hush...

Kz2Xn9Q.png

Also if you register a key for one of the games, go back into Microids Club->My Library and you'll get even more points for now owning that game, 600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom