• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

AwTB3n2.png

Game of the frickin year.

Mikurden

Dark Souls still has the goat tutorial.

A couple of small corridors with signs telling you how to attack, roll and run.

Right after that they throw a big ass boss at you lol.

Portal has my vote, coming at it from the other extreme, in the sense that the first half of the game is kinda a tutorial for the second half.

The_Monk

Happy weekend everyone! Any plans for what you all be playing?

I recently beat that too, I'm on kind of an Artifex Mundi binge right now, just finished all those Nightmares from the Deep games too. They're good for what they are, like you say the time it takes to beat them isn't too long, which makes them ideal to pick up on a boring evening.

I agree with you as well, I also bought Sinister City some weeks ago but it seems to be more of a parody instead of a real story. While also slightly different, Soul Gambler is decent for what it is and if has different endings, I left my impressions in here back when I finished it.

Ludens

Banned
For Dragon's Dogma, why I have two Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Masterworks Collection Soundtrack in my DLC list?
One is installed, the other isn't.

Pachimari

Happy weekend everyone! Any plans for what you all be playing?

The girl is on the way out, so I'm gonna start up and hopefully complete Oxenfree and Undertale. Maybe Rain and Until Dawn as well, but for now, it'll be Oxenfree. Can't wait to really immerse myself but the game is honestly stressing me out.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Meridian New World -- MB-7EEAD6307FEF0778 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total. - Taken by texhnolyze
Albedo Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-95DA936FE1E97611 - Taken by Haunted

Durante

I am strongly concerned about the ongoing trend of whale hunting by hardware companies.
What? The ongoing trend with hardware is making hardware for the lowest common denominator. CPUs, GPUs, everything, research is put into mass market first and everything else second. I'm concerned about that.

And what's more, when a few companies finally actually create products for enthusiasts (ostensibly us!) -- and those demand higher prices, like they do for any hobby -- some gamers completely lose their shit. It happened with the TItan, it happened with G-sync, and it's happening with VR.

I don't know, are there massive threads of complaints and "sports cars are over" posts in car enthusiast forums when Ferrari announces the price of their latest product?

thank you kurt. Really hooked me up. I hope you are a fan of kurt as i am too. I bought a few of his movies at the store while here in china (escape ny, la, solider) didnt get the thing yet but love that one as well. Also have his new movie which wasn't too bad but not as good as I thought.

Saty

MC

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Saty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy -- MB-082665F4D9A24B69 - Taken by ExoSoul
Pirates vs Corsairs: Davy Jones's Gold -- MB-A7B79D8232A7D6CE - Taken by ussjtrunks
Post Mortem -- MB-A66D234790E896F8 - Taken by Japle
The Bluecoats: North vs South -- MB-5834107A5B208C1D - Taken by dave is ok
eXperience 112 -- MB-A404AE69D84E1FC6 - Taken by lindarasta
Amerzone: The Explorers Legacy -- MB-327FB45459DC8F6A

I will be working more toward finishing batman..

Then I am not very sure what I'll do. Probably finish up amy quickly. Then I may jump to another unfinished game.

Batman is for sure though. Descent news was a big blow to me to see. That was a for sure in the next big sale.

Jawmuncher

Dead Rising 1 or a Monster Hunter game. Capcom knows where the monies at.

Dead Rising along with the DR2 Stanalone DLC would be nice as well. Finally have the whole series in one place. Monhun I'm curious where they would start. Probably the iOS app, but I don't think anyone would mind if they jumped ahead to atleast 3G or whatever was on wiiu.

Oh please
FFX-2 is great, it has the best combat in series, it's lighthearted for the most part, mission type structure is interesting, quests and missions are good, and YRP are great.
It's not the best game ever, but it's great.

I disagree. It has good combat but not the best in the series.

The story is awful. The sidequests don't fair much better. It may be great to you but not to me.

Anteater

This would dissapoint me, only for the fact that it's had multiple ports already. Want to see some stuff that's been stuck in the vault instead.

I was thinking it's probably most probable and cheaper for capcom, it's another game that sorta has a cult following, already has work done on redrawing some of the textures with the HD port on consoles and might resonate with some of the steam users with the unique art and lots of explorations, with also a charming story

I'd take anything tho

Grief.exe

Browsing Steam Card Exchange, gonna check out Dragon's Dogma. Watch Dogs got cards?

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-243470

120x140

4ImWu4W.gif

This would dissapoint me, only for the fact that it's had multiple ports already. Want to see some stuff that's been stuck in the vault instead. Well that and because the PS3 port is already really good.

Game is still stuck on a dead console, so as far as I'm concerned it's not fully preserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom