• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took me until Chapter 1 tbh :p

I just finished chapter one. The build up before infiltrating the sky bandit's dungeon and the dungeon itself were great. I loved the character interactions between Estelle and Joshua at the lake side inn. I wasn't prepared before entering the dungeon, barely scrapping by with healing items but with some orbal swaps to heal my party I somehow made it through. That was pretty tense.

Dragon's Dogma is fun but, it hasn't exactly engrossed me yet.

In other news I beat RE4 earlier today, first time on PC, still a great game.

It's taken around 8 hours but I think Trails in the Sky is finally starting to click with me.

I'm playing it now and am about 4 hours in. Enjoying it.
It begins! :D

Trails in the sky is pretty fun so far. Started a bit slow but i'm interested now. The battle theme is so good.

I just finished chapter one. The build up before infiltrating the sky bandit's dungeon and the dungeon itself were great. I loved the character interactions between Estelle and Joshua at the lake side inn. I wasn't prepared before entering the dungeon, barely scrapping by with healing items but with some orbal swaps to heal my party I somehow made it through. That was pretty tense.
79-Estelle21.png

One of us!

Knurek

Root Double Kickstarter closing in on 50k (out of 135k needed). 19 days left... They might just make it if they keep the pace.

I would love to contribute, but alas, no Paypal till it reaches the goal. :\

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood -- MB-C514A594123F9D3A - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

I have a problem with Steam that started a few months ago when I got a new PC, every few minutes my downloads pause and schedule themselves for 5 min later.
As far as I can tell, it's caused by improper port settings on the router, tried setting up the ports but it didn't work.
Googling for other solutions, the only one I've found is changing regions in the downloads section, but that also didn't work.

Anyone have other suggestions?

As Jazz573 suggested I reinstalled Steam, but it didn't work, downloads are still a pain in the ass.

Arthea

I almost teared up, all this Trails talk aww

To join in, I had a boss fight yesterday (in SC) that lasted IDK? more than 15 minutes? 30? That I won with 0 items left and if the boss healed self just one more time, I would have lost. The thrill, suspension, adrenaline

Because that would be a horrible game, just like Final Fantasy X-2.

Combat aside doesn't save that game.

Oh please
FFX-2 is great, it has the best combat in series, it's lighthearted for the most part, mission type structure is interesting, quests and missions are good, and YRP are great.
It's not the best game ever, but it's great.

yuraya

played a bit of ass flag

i hope some day someone outlaws tutorials

Dark Souls still has the goat tutorial.

A couple of small corridors with signs telling you how to attack, roll and run.

Right after that they throw a big ass boss at you lol.

Nyoro SF

All this Trails talk....

1CnSDMT.jpg

I'm glad to see people enjoying the game. It's both relaxing and suspenseful, and really shines with its dialogue.

Root Double Kickstarter closing in on 50k (out of 135k needed). 19 days left... They might just make it if they keep the pace.

I don't think they're going to make it honestly, and that would suck. The idea for the story seems quite interesting but I think they haven't made their reward tiers interesting enough to make people want to pay more than the minimum.

I've mostly stopped backing Kickstarters now because it doesn't make a lot of financial sense to do it. Don't know what I'll do about this one.

Look at all those poops.

Which reminds me.. Where is my .Hack// game CyberConnect2??

The newest hack game launched a few days ago.
On mobile in Japan.

Compared to Clannad or Muvluv the rewards to me arent really interesting. I would love to back it, but I dont think the rewards are good in the "normal" pledge levels.

Having a hard time geting into Lightning Returns.
There's a clock that is always on the screen and always ticking, I have a bunch of sidequests I have to do but I'm supposed to be back in this town at 6AM, if there's one thing I hate in games is being pressured, I always want to play at my own pace.
Also, coming from Trails SC and TW3 really puts into perspective how fucking mundane the writing in this game is.

I'll ask in the OT for general tips and advice.

Having a hard time geting into Lightning Returns.
There's a clock that is always on the screen and always ticking, I have a bunch of sidequests I have to do but I'm supposed to be back in this town at 6AM, if there's one thing I hate in games is being pressured, I always want to play at my own pace.
Also, coming from Trails SC and TW3 really puts into perspective how fucking mundane the writing in this game is.

I'll ask in the OT for general tips and advice.
Indeed. I'm just glad that the XIII saga is over and I hope there isn't any future FF like it.

Indeed. I'm just glad that the XIII saga is over and I hope Lightning never appears again, but she will always appear in crossover/side games it seems :(

I really liked XIII-2 though, Serah and Noel were surprisingly good by the XIII series' standards and overall the game was pretty decent.
I'm going to try to see this one through since I might as well finish the trilogy at this point.
I also have to get back into Type-0, it got a bit better after I gave it some more time.

Competing for the little gaming time I have with Yakuza 5 isn't easy though lol.

Arthea

Indeed. I'm just glad that the XIII saga is over and I hope there isn't any future FF like it.

IDK, I kinda liked exploring timelines and stories they led to in 13-2, even if story is a mess, it can be entertaining. Not saying they should continue 13 saga, just wanted to point out it's not necessary as horrible as people say, depends on attitude, I'd say.

Timed nature of Lightning Returns scares me also, I'm very much in "doing things at my pace and choosing" camp.

Ludens

Banned
Same here, I thought it was a neat promotion. A few people grabbed some of those codes too so it wasn't a total waste of time. I also got some kind of Syberia 3 thing (wallpapers, I think) and I didn't even know that game was in the making - seems like forever since the second one came out. So it served it's marketing purpose too.

It is a good promotion. And if you read the rules, you would know only two copies of ABC Murders are given away, 25 copies for Subject 13. This means only two copies of some cards are available for ABC, and 25 copies of some cards are floating around for Subject 13.

I don't understand people complaining about the "it's rigged", they gave away ton of games to everyone, and some special, rare prizes are in too, but only inf you are lucky. Also the games Microids gave away are not thurd, Amerzone is amazing, Moto Racers was very good back in days, Robin Hood is good too.Yes, some of those are not that great, but for sure they are not crap.

Anyway preload for Resident Evil 0 is up, 10 gb.

titch

Damn bought it during the sale and its 2 days over the 14 refund which usually means no joy.

Finished super meat boy

The last 3 stages took almost as long as the rest of the game. Good god

Finished it on 360 but working my way through the PC ver again - fantastic ride though.

That feeling when you spend so much time creating a character....

...and they look like shit when you get in game.

Yip i so wish i had picked a different hairstyle my Druss looks so girly.

Game looks pretty shit too dev is obv a twat.

Ludens

Banned
A stupid question: when Konami servers for MGSV will go down, what can happen to your savegame?
I mean, the save is binded to online servers and not for Steam Cloud, but because your resources are shared on FOB.
Plus there are special items you can only obtain by doing events in Fob and spending points you grabbed.
So, when Konami will close the servers, will download simply disappear?

I'm trying to buy Black Ops from GMG (currently $9.99 USD) but It's not letting me use the 20% discount code on the front page.

May skip it again now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
BlastZone 2 and Silence of the Sleep got cards.

Every time I think I get close to not needing Idle Master to run, two to three new titles show up.

Dr Dogg

That feeling when you rest at an inn and find no fucker has recruited your pawn :(

All that meticulous planing and not getting any use, well except in my uber party that is crushing fools the moment one of the chatty peeps yells 'goblins!'.

All this talk of how bad Lords of the Fallen is and I'm still tempted to buy it. Even got a tab open with it on sale in the humble store.

MUnited83

For you.
That feeling when you rest at an inn and find no fucker has recruited your pawn :(

All that meticulous planing and not getting any use, well except in my uber party that is crushing fools the moment one of the chatty peeps yells 'goblins!'.
No one recruited mine either :(

All this talk of how bad Lords of the Fallen is and I'm still tempted to buy it. Even got a tab open with it on sale in the humble store.
Save that money and use it on DS3

A stupid question: when Konami servers for MGSV will go down, what can happen to your savegame?
I mean, the save is binded to online servers and not for Steam Cloud, but because your resources are shared on FOB.
Plus there are special items you can only obtain by doing events in Fob and spending points you grabbed.
So, when Konami will close the servers, will download simply disappear?
You're god damn right its going to disappear.
Im sure moddere will figure out a way to remove their bs

Monooboe

I have a weird problem with Dragons Dogma, I can't past the first bit in the game, the game just gets stuck in a loadingscreen.o_O Validating files and going to create a new savefile and see if it helps.

tauke

Since I already owned this classic FMV game, here's my gift to the community.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tauke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-497F2BE9B5BFFD72 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 1 entrants total.

t1452958011z1.png

dex3108

Man ibb&obb has some serious lag issues that makes game really frustrating when you play it in online coop mode. And there are some things in game that should make game hard but instead they make game frustrating. Friend and i played game for 17-18 hours and we still have to do few things to do to finish game 100%. And most of the time we have issuse not because we need to get better but because game f-up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom