• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Post Mortem -- MB-893C380DC621612D - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Lomax

I really hate it when games are being removed. I thought games were supposed to be preserved, but titles keep getting removed for different reasons. Oh well.

I think it's actually the one most shocking thing to me, since going the PC route back in April 2014 - that games are being removed on PC.

Just being on Steam at all, even for a day, is a big step towards preservation. For as long as the Steam service exists, those games will be downloadable by at least someone. Yeah, it sucks they aren't purchasable any more, but at least they don't vanish completely like plenty of older stuff has.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, to be fair, we were told during sale that these games were getting removed. But ya, it still sucks.

I'm surprised it took so long. I'd guess that Parallax gave Interplay time to remove the games voluntarily but ultimately had to involve Valve.

Guilty Gear Xrd is 30% off on Humble Store. And it looks so good.

XEgGu4l.jpg

l5RtPaF.jpg

8hQ626P.jpg

3wf1Uid.jpg

pTCTg4O.jpg

EOlLgpQ.jpg

oJu0fQY.jpg

D6CkWc2.jpg

qO5m0sv.jpg

TlQiRnK.jpg

Nabs

btw i feel like i don't deal any real damage? i mostly use the claws that do triple backstab dmg cos nothing else seems to be as effective, it's really weird

I don't really remember much about the game. I just remember never feeling very powerful, and you pretty much have to spend a long time attacking enemies and bosses. The bosses are so bad in this game, so bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't really remember much about the game. I just remember never feeling very powerful, and you pretty much have to spend a long time attacking enemies and bosses. The bosses are so bad in this game, so bad.

oh alright, so it's not just me

i thought i was doing something wrong or something, it takes so many hits to hurt the damn bosses and they all have those really annoying shields and very small windows to attack them

and like everything's so slow

it's a really weird game

With Alien Isolation done, I am now putting my focus on ARMA3. Like expected I am being crushed atm with UI and controls. There's a lot of depth here. But I am enjoying that.

Having everything on Ultra at 1080p and getting 45-50fps. Gotta tweak some stuff tomorrow but given the huge view distances and them being important from a gameplay point, I probably will keep maxed out FXAA and 8xFSAA. Better IQ does help identifying stuff.

Only played 1-2hrs of the tutorial campaign so far and I am having a lot of fun. A lot.

This tutorial alone will take me a dozen hours likely, haha.

New Vegas is amazing. I started with installing Perk Every Level and Unlimited Companions, which has really alleviated some of the tougher encounters. I then did all the Freeside quests, liquidated Vault 3 after I discovered that they were imprisoning people (and starting backwards, from the basement), got a dog a new brain, took on a pack of Deathclaws with my new crew of four and got some spiffy new Remnants armor.

zkylon

zkylewd
New Vegas is amazing. I started with installing Perk Every Level and Unlimited Companions, which has really alleviated some of the tougher encounters. I then did all the Freeside quests, liquidated Vault 3 after I discovered that they were imprisoning people (and starting backwards, from the basement), got a dog a new brain, took on a pack of Deathclaws with my new crew of four and got some spiffy new Remnants armor.

bad

bad mods

bad

for shame

zkylon stares in disapproval

Okay someone please tell me what the hell just happened... I was browsing through my library and clicked on Lucius II and it unlocked an achievement called MJ "Touch 4 kids"... the game never launched I just selected it in my library.

That achievement ain't cool, yo.

Yeah it's kind of weird taken out of context, and the games reasoning for the achievement is even dumber lol. Apparently it was a broken achievement that was fixed in a recent patch and would unlock when the game launched but I never launched it, oh well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That Microids thing seemed a bit ill-conceived. I obviously won a bunch of stuff I already owned, because owning a bunch of stuff got me a bunch of entries. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xheRJRF.gif
eXperience 112 #2 -- MB-D8AB274F5BEBCF90 - Taken by Zeknurn
xheRJRF.gif
The Bluecoats North vs South -- MB-8545226C0DBC0CC2 - Taken by septicore
xheRJRF.gif
Post Mortem #2 -- MB-C889C227210353DA - Taken by ExoSoul
xheRJRF.gif
The Egyptian Prophecy: The Fate of Ramses -- MB-91D0EA86DD76FA4B - Taken by rainking187
xheRJRF.gif
Crazy Cars Hit the Road #2 -- MB-997193E539E4E706 - Taken by TheMadMan007
xheRJRF.gif
Ragnarok Online 7 Day Subscription -- MB-46EC855CF7CB6D04
xheRJRF.gif
Amerzone The Explorers Legacy -- MB-09B0600AA7A35C65
xheRJRF.gif
Nostradamus The Last Prophecy -- MB-9A81DD3B75544AC6 - Taken by Stronghammer22
xheRJRF.gif
eXperience 112 #3 -- MB-99DD50A414BD32A9 - Taken by Baha
xheRJRF.gif
Pirates vs Corsairs Davy Jones's Gold -- MB-C937FF798C5562D9 - Taken by Eila
xheRJRF.gif
eXperience 112 -- MB-C3427F5B88C9608B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
xheRJRF.gif
Haegemonia Legions of Iron -- MB-3A104ACEF0B07D31
xheRJRF.gif
Iron Storm -- MB-CCC6F3D648BAA721 - Taken by gabbo
xheRJRF.gif
Post Mortem #3 -- MB-EE3FFA072A2303C4 - Taken by Belgarion
xheRJRF.gif
Gods vs Humans -- MB-45E7759B6EA025C8 - Taken by Costa1774
xheRJRF.gif
Post Mortem -- MB-771B6E93A25B8565
xheRJRF.gif
Crazy Cars Hit the Road -- MB-262BE66EB8E1CD27 - Taken by Stumpokapow

There is NO WAY, to complete ANY row. You will end up with ONE missing card in EVERY row. Right?

I did complete the North V South and Return to Mystery island ones once each, but someone posted the number of winners per row and it's only like 1 autographed artwork, 2 ABC's and maybe 10ish Subject 13. Even the lowest are only 100-500.

People will tell you that perk everylevel is a bad mod, they're incorrect, its a must have. Also theres a mod that adds a BUNCH more perks, theres even a mod where you can basically become a mechanic and fight by building robots and shit thats unlocked through perks, really good stuff. New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all times thanks to mod support, also helps that even the vanilla game is so much fucking fun. Really wish bethesda wouldve taken notes on that game when making fallout 4... One can only hope that obsidian is making another "spin off"(if you ask me fo4 is the spinoff) in the style of new vegas

Vamphuntr

Trailsin the sky FC is pretty fun so far. Started a bit slow but i'm interested now. The battle theme is so good.

It's really kind of a prologue for the second game. In the first game you meet every characters, learn about the lore and mythos and start to learn about the bad guys and the second game is where all hell break lose. No game have the level of details to dialogue and lore than the trails game. I loved both. Cold Steel follow the same structure where 1 is kind of the prologue for 2.

Teggy

Why isn't there a uPlay-GAF? GAF is a big place. You'd think there would be some small group of people who really dig it.

If things keep up I am going to have to find some Steam friends with some overleveled pawns for DD. Only 1 is playing ATM. Level faster you bastard.

With that said the genero pawns are pretty good TBH.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There is NO WAY, to complete ANY row. You will end up with ONE missing card in EVERY row. Right?

Pretty much, yeah. I had like 22,000 points after I linked my Steam account (I own every one of their games besides the new Agatha Christie one I was hoping to win) which means I got to draw 220 cards. I won all the turd games above plus a ton of wallpapers and MP3s and shit and still had between 5-9 of each card besides one in each row and didn't win anything by matching.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pretty much, yeah. I had like 22,000 points after I linked my Steam account (I own every one of their games besides the new Agatha Christie one I was hoping to win) which means I got to draw 220 cards. I won all the turd games above plus a ton of wallpapers and MP3s and shit and still had between 5-9 of each card besides one in each row and didn't win anything by matching.

I had something like 18k points and had exactly the same experience. It's not a surprise. It's quite possible all the rare items were actually given out well before any of us even got wind of the site. I still had fun clicking tbqh.

Eila

I had something like 18k points and had exactly the same experience. It's not a surprise. It's quite possible all the rare items were actually given out well before any of us even got wind of the site. I still had fun clicking tbqh.

I dunno, I did mine when the servers were still getting hammered during midday and I didn't get a card set. Some cards had up to x8 repeats.
I used a script, though. Refreshing the page was taking 10 seconds so I couldn't see myself actually clicking through all that.

jshackles

Same here, I thought it was a neat promotion. A few people grabbed some of those codes too so it wasn't a total waste of time. I also got some kind of Syberia 3 thing (wallpapers, I think) and I didn't even know that game was in the making - seems like forever since the second one came out. So it served it's marketing purpose too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom