• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

gonhmeachievemntsxdsgi.png

I don't know if this was already known, but Gone Home PC is being updated.

Man after my own heart. Oxenfree's really good so far.

Ah, great to hear. I gotta get my time in for these games before V heh.

Jawmuncher

gonhmeachievemntsxdsgi.png

I don't know if this was already known, but Gone Home PC is being updated.

Ah, great to hear. I gotta get my time in for these games before V heh.

They need to fix that plot hole.

Browsing Steam Card Exchange, gonna check out Dragon's Dogma. Watch Dogs got cards?

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-243470

http://steamcommunity-a.akamaihd.net/economy/image/IzMF03bi9WpSBq-S-ekoE33L-iLqGFHVaU25ZzQNQcXdA3g5gMEPvUZZEaiHLrVJRsl8vGuCUY7Cjc9ehDNVzDMEfnGsiiQrcex4NM6b9EjZruyIWn36aTDBcnmLH1g-T7pbZ2yL_jKlsO2dRzzMEO4lEA0CLKtS9WIaO5-IbRI_gIEVu2u_0UZyDBItYPpPfQ68zylKYuV9mHITfJtUnXH4JpLQ01xjakI4CL3iUr7KaYanxS0nXE82SfRPesvL7zOq9ZYhg6XSPA/120x140[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4ImWu4W.gif[IMG]

Game is still stuck on a dead console, so as far as I'm concerned it's not fully preserved.[/QUOTE]

Lol come on grief, PS3 still has games coming out for it. Dead would be if Sony turned off PS3 online and you couldn't buy nor see its sections in store.

Coreda

So, got to see how well my UPS functions after accidentally knocking the power cord out of the socket connecting the PC. Switched to battery power seamlessly and I plugged the cord back into place.

Just as I was thinking 'thank you based UPS' it switched everything off. Thanks. Didn't even restore back to a hibernation state or auto reboot the system.

Sent an email to support to see what the deal is.

So how reliable is Steam Cloud anyway? I've noticed it seems to delete Steam cloud storage a lot of times after I uninstall a game.

Just recently, I uninstalled Tales of Zestiria and I specifically checked, before I uninstalled, if it had any storage in the cloud. And it did. But I checked the tab just now and it says 0 bytes stored. So what the fuck, you can't trust it?

Grief.exe

Lol come on grief, PS3 still has games coming out for it. Dead would be if Sony turned off PS3 online and you couldn't buy nor see its sections in store.

Dead as in 10 year old proprietary console outputting outdated resolutions on extremely outdated hardware.

I will likely be buying Persona 5 on PS3, so I'll be using it.

Dsyndrome

Shiiiit, RIP Natalia. I'm sorry Dsyndrome.
My poor redhead!

Is there any indication when your pawn is used and returns, or is it all in the background. ? I've been cycling through a few folks' pawns and was curious. Haven't seen any notifications for Natalia, sounds like she's been used once or twice.

Ludens

Banned
So how reliable is Steam Cloud anyway? I've noticed it seems to delete Steam cloud storage a lot of times after I uninstall a game.

Just recently, I uninstalled Tales of Zestiria and I specifically checked, before I uninstalled, if it had any storage in the cloud. And it did. But I checked the tab just now and it says 0 bytes stored. So what the fuck, you can't trust it?

It depends on how the devs implement Steam cloud. In example ID for Rage only stores some config files, so in case you uninstall your game, you will lost progress for it.

MUnited83

For you.

If you uninstall a game, it will always show 0 bytes stored even if there is a save stored.

Yes, it is stupid as a shit. It's really terrible that I can't check if I have a valid save before downloading something.

Teggy

Man after my own heart. Oxenfree's really good so far.

My only issue with Oxenfree so far is the speech bubbles. If you don't react really fast you can completely miss a response and if you respond too early to prevent missing it, you cut off the other characters dialogue.

Anteater

My poor redhead!

Is there any indication when your pawn is used and returns, or is it all in the background. ? I've been cycling through a few folks' pawns and was curious. Haven't seen any notifications for Natalia, sounds like she's been used once or twice.

resting at the inn should update your pawn

Ludens

Banned
I rushed Dragon's Dogma on Plus time ago (because my subscription was expiring), I totally skipped every side and never did the end-game nor the expansion.
I had fun with it, but I have also two bad memories: the first is once I needed to reach a location with the map point a generic north, I spend two hours going north, I ended up in front of a mountain. There was a more or less hidden road to reach that spot, but the map was so bad I couldn't figure that out.
The other thing is the pawn, never cared for it, I left the default one and never touched that anymore.

Pachimari

Starting up Oxenfree now. Got my apartment for myself, so some water, some chips and some nice chicken will do while I play through this game. May it be the first one I complete this year.

I finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger last night, it was alright, dragged on towards the end I thought. It's one of prettiest cell shaded games around too, I was continually impressed by how nice and varied the locales were. The way they do the narrative was unique and interesting, I just wish the game wasn't so one note and had a little more variety to it.

UrbanRats

So i did the family sharing thing, to have more than one character in Dragons Dogma (genius design there Capcom, btw) and i'm not getting it.

So you can't have two accounts play the same game at the same time, and i understand the logic there (even though it'd be less of an issue, if LAN was more of a thing, but i digress) but you can't even play two different games form the same library, at the same time? What's the point of that?

If the idea was to have a single family library that you could share, like you did with physical copies back in the day (or on consoles) then why wouldn't i should be able to do that?If i borrowed a copy of a game from a family/friend, it's not like they were invalidated access to their whole library.

Makes no sense to me.

I don't know what kind of massive scam they're trying to avoid here, but to even activate an account, you have to have the parent account activate the others on that specific machine, so it's not like there'd be a massive circle of people playing with a single account, realistically speaking.

If you uninstall a game, it will always show 0 bytes stored even if there is a save stored.

Yes, it is stupid as a shit. It's really terrible that I can't check if I have a valid save before downloading something.
Damn, that's how it is, huh. Could have sworn I've seen uninstalled games showing steam cloud storage, but now that I checked I couldn't find a single one.

But in the case of ToZ, a friend of mine recently had a hdd crash and he couldn't retrieve any data from the cloud for it. So maybe it's something similar to what Ludens were talking about. But that seems pretty stupid as well. Probably should locate and backup any local data just in case I ever want to go back to it.

Dsyndrome

resting at the inn should update your pawn
Haven't seen anything for my pawn at all though, despite staying at the inn at the encampment and the one in Cassardis.

Also, Vanessa and Lana both need some skills, we got slaughtered 5+ times with me going back and forth to revive the two against 5+ bandits, had to back off.

Also, Inquistis is augmenting Natalia now, duel rogues will do wonders hopefully.

Edit: looking at the Steam forums, apparently pawns are bugged. That sucks.

Uzzy

My only issue with Oxenfree so far is the speech bubbles. If you don't react really fast you can completely miss a response and if you respond too early to prevent missing it, you cut off the other characters dialogue.

Yeah, it's a little awkward, but the whole dialogue system is new and interesting, so I'll take it. It needs iterating a bit to really nail it. Hopefully future games will learn from this walk and talk system and do that iteration.

Anyway, just finished Oxenfree and oh boy, if it's not in my top 5 at year's end, then 2016 will have been a hell of a year.

Pachimari

Currently a little more than an hour into Oxenfree and it's pretty good. It's nothing spectacular but even though the plot seems simple, it's still intriguing, especially the way it's presented. The dialogue mechanism is great and it all moves fluidly. There are a few kinks gameplay-wise though, where the walking isn't always precise, and the controls can suddenly invert. There's a few glitches. The radio is interesting, and there's some truly uneasy moments. I like it so far. Hopefully I can complete it this weekend.

Maniac

Banned
Does nobody remember the "Fallout 3 Hardcore Style" greentext? I feel like I'm referencing at a brick wall here.

Never heard of it, sorry.

Although I do imagine Bear Grylls would love some exquisite post-apocalyptic, irradiated female-produced pee.

He's a man of taste, afterall.

Maniac

Banned
God damn I got some raging love for XCOM.
Sadly XCOM 2 releases like one week before my exams start.

You should be like me.

No life, no education, no job and most importantly; no future prospects!

You'll have all the time in the world for vidya games.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What in the bloody hell.

Some human minds are too weird and best to be ignored.
That's a really disturbing story. :/

Endruen

Just finished my second run in Undertale doing the True Pacifist Route.
It really is an incredible game and a very special one.
I will do the Genocide Route someday, but for now, I will leave it as it is.

XShagrath

If the idea was to have a single family library that you could share, like you did with physical copies back in the day (or on consoles) then why wouldn't i should be able to do that?If i borrowed a copy of a game from a family/friend, it's not like they were invalidated access to their whole library.

Makes no sense to me.
It's more like letting them borrow your console and all your games, not just a single game. If they're playing one of your games, just play one of theirs instead.

I've always got a few of my friend's shared games installed, so I can jump on one of them if he's deep into a game from my library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom