• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Dead Rising 1 would be amazing but most people will complain it's too hard and mod it to tone down the difficulty without trying to understand the systems. It's no wonder they toned it down in 2 and 3 is a kind of press a button and something amazing happen.

100k would be a great start for DD. Being at the top of the best sellers list doesn't mean much for numbers. Zestiria was there for many days and started at 60-70k :S

I had a great time with DR1, was a shame DR2 and 3 toned it down so much. Even though I enjoyed them, they lacked what made 1 so much fun.

Dead Rising 1 was so awesome, the multiple endings that encouraged non-linear experimentation really resonated with me.

I can see why people who have gotten used to the standard AAA game design might not like that aspect, but I found it very interesting.

Anteater

I had a great time with DR1, was a shame DR2 and 3 toned it down so much. Even though I enjoyed them, they lacked what made 1 so much fun.

i could never get into DR1 and 2

i really want to tho

i'm just not a crafting guy making those weapons

although i didn't play much of dr1

tmarg

100k would be a great start for DD. Being at the top of the best sellers list doesn't mean much for numbers. Zestiria was there for many days and started at 60-70k :S

Yeah, people need to stop posting the top sellers list. Especially in the middle of January.

Maniac

Banned
Man... Grim Dawn is so good...

It's what Diablo 3 should've been. You know, good.
What in the bloody hell.

Some human minds are too weird and best to be ignored.
That's a really disturbing story. :/

Disturbing? Hell yes. That's why it's turned me on. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Souls still has the goat tutorial.

A couple of small corridors with signs telling you how to attack, roll and run.

Right after that they throw a big ass boss at you lol.

you can even start bombs, easily kill the boss and skip most of the tutorial

ass flag (and all ass games tbh) are specially problematic because we've played all of this 50 times before

i already know how haystacks work, how to overhear conversations, etc. it's just ridiculous that you spend like the first 5 missions just relearning those things... why not just put those in an "animus tutorial interface" side thing that you get prompted to do at the start of the game?

and on top of that you have the tutorials for the first person abstergo crap so yeah, it's too much

i really liked the start of ass 3, it was slow but the story was pretty great and haytham was a great character to follow for that while, but here idk

Good decision. It's just bad.
it's weird because it's clearly has a lot of work put into it. visuals are really good, even the menus and ui all look very clean and the designs for enemies and areas are also pretty decent, not my style because they're some heavy-metal shit but i'm sure they're someone's thing lol.

they just really miss the mark in general play feel, everything's so slow and unsatisfying, and you have dialogue and all that crap but your character and everyone else are so unlikeable.

and boss fights that summon lesser enemies are the worst, wtf is that :T

KingKong

Dragon's Dogma is wonderful. It's really hard on hard mode but that just helps to draw me into the world. I feel like a real adventurer!

yeah I'm really enjoying it despite it being so heavily flawed. I don't know if I could even call it a good game, I wish it was more action and less rpg

Dragon's Dogma:

NPnehtZ.jpg

Seriously. It was weird that most of GAF made a redhead, and with the same hairstyle to boot! :|

Dsyndrome

Seriously. It was weird that most of GAF made a redhead, and with the same hairstyle to boot! :|

I'm seeing a lot of Mystic Knight - Ranger combos... which is exactly what I am. Dogg's pawn looks very similar to mine, and not just because I gave her my pawn's gear after getting to Gran Soren.

Anteater

i guess i'm going to change my pawn to warrior

i did want to make her a warrior at first but honestly it's a huge risk because of the 3 skills rule

she'd be pretty useless if she runs out of stamina or keep getting hit whenever she tries to charge a move or even worse doing nothing but climb a monster

Anyone enjoying Oxenfree? Thinking about grabbing it and playing until I can figure out how to convert my DDDA PS3 save. Just can't give up over a hundred hours of progress given it's an option.

That second screenshot is awesome.
Someone noticed, yay \o/ Thanks.
The draw distance is impressive but really shines once paired with high resolution and very good AA. But those two are putting some strain on performance.
The clouds look beautiful and ever since I dabbled in the Outera/Anteworld demo, I want to fly fast jets in ARMA3. Can't wait till I get there :)
what do you say now kobayashi

097zGhe.jpg
Kobayashi can... eat it!

wbacon is a swell dude. Here and elsewhere. Really glad whoever was responsible will probably get some laurels for the decision to bring DD to PC.

Capcom has such a great library, I can't even start to guess. Whatever it might be, I'm sure I'll be looking forward to it.
You just post the picture and let everyone react.
Fallout+3+hardcore_573cb5_3089893.jpg
What. The. F***.

Dsyndrome

I wish I had a ticker app for recording how many times "Wolves Hunt in Packs" or "Masterworks, all of Them" are said, to see what the most repeated phrase is in the game.

Kriken

But Jedi Outcast is the best Jedi game out there and you die easily if careless.

This applies to all good games though

i'd like to see a dmc/ng vs souls topic

Souls combat just isn't as refined as character action games like DMC/Bayonetta since they have to make the game fair for magic users and other sorts of classes. Souls combat is good for what it is, but if Bayonetta had Souls combat, it would not be nearly as fun

Vamphuntr

The first one is really great. It has a steep learning curve as you need to explore every area of the mall and find (and try) every weapons and drinks you can mix to see what they do and how they are useful. You get ambushed by psychopaths everywhere so you must be prepared for everything at all time. It's a lot of trial and errors and when you find the winning combination it's really satisfying. You have a time limit and it's hard to save everyone and do everything so you need priorities.

2 was gave you much more time, lot of save points and the zombrex constraint is a non issue once you figure out where the free doses are. Crafting was cool though.

3 was fun in coop. I played the steam version with a friend from start to finish. It's really easy in coop and we did everything and had 2 days remaining until the end. The combo weapons are so strong you can smoke the boss in very few hits and your supply locker make it trivial to always have them on hand.

Deitus

I wish I had a ticker app for recording how many times "Wolves Hunt in Packs" or "Masterworks, all of Them" are said, to see what the most repeated phrase is in the game.

Their kind hates ice and fire both!

Souls combat just isn't as refined as character action games like DMC/Bayonetta since they have to make the game fair for magic users and other sorts of classes. Souls combat is good for what it is, but if Bayonetta had Souls combat, it would not be nearly as fun

Souls games, and DMC/Bayonetta style action games have very different combat systems for very different purposes. Bayonetta would be terrible with Souls combat, and Dark Souls would be terrible with Bayonetta combat. But both games are fantastic with how they use their respective systems.

tmarg

For what it's worth, melee combat has traditionally been pretty garbage, and games have been drawing inspiration from souls games to improve it.

Also, souls games lifted a bunch of their mechanics from MH.

I don't understand why people get so pissy about it.

Anteater

every game in existence should be more like dark souls that's the rule

imagine if you had bonfires in chess

wouldn't that make chess 12% better at the least

thing is that a lot of people aren't mature enough to discuss the combat mechanics of both games, people here discuss games not because they want to compare them mechanically but that they just want their favorite games to "win".

I really like to see those games compared, just as much as I want to see a game like uncharted and gears of war compared, or dmc/ng vs god of war, or forza vs gran turismo, but on gaf, it doesn't seem possible

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
A lot of people aren't mature enough period.

Kriken

thing is that a lot of people aren't mature enough to discuss the combat mechanics of both games, people here discuss games not because they want to compare them mechanically but that they just want their favorite games to "win".

I really like to see those games compared, just as much as I want to see a game like uncharted and gears of war compared, or dmc/ng vs god of war, or forza vs gran turismo, but on gaf, it doesn't seem possible

You could have stopped there

Bumble is adorable; the Internet is bad. If you did that quest you are a bad person.

And I say this as someone who planted dynamite on a child to assassinate Westin.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, there's word that Lollipop Chainsaw is in active beta testing for Steam, heads up. I need a confirm on it, but it looks like it might be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom