• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
uPlay freezes my computer when it's opening, when it's starting a download, and when alt tabbing out of a game.

Nice to see uPlay is still a broken piece of shit that has no reason to exist
james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1_zpsdf9ee7d7.gif~c200

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Breaking news!

I'm confident that I'll be able to get everything ready in just a few short hours after the voting ends this year. Unlike last year where it was months before we got results, I plan on revealing our GOTY at:
t1453431600z4.png

(that's 7PM PST on Thursday the 21st! Just three short hours after voting ends!)

Just like in years past, I'll be counting down the top 10 spots Casey Kasem style right here on this thread before posting the total final results in a new thread on the gaming side. There will be about 5-7 minutes between each reveal for people to discuss and speculate. We had a lot of fun doing this last year, so you won't want to miss it.

What on earth at the RE0 costumes pricing. Has the bundle price been set too low or the individual packs set too high?

Wish I'd known they were going down this dlc route beforehand as I'd probably have held off pre-ordering. I dread to think what they'll do for RE2HD.

Wok

Man, it's going to be interesting now until the end of February. Lots of games coming out and while i hope everyone lands on their feet it's certain some will have slow starts.

DD just out now for $30. Homeworld coming for $50. Tomb Raider $60. Witness $40. XCOM2 $60. RE0 $20. SF V $60. Bunch of Japanese debuts like Symphonia, Disgaea and Dangan. Not to mention all the other stuff like Darkest Dungeon, Oxenfree and more. Something's gotta give. Let's start a friendly bet on the Steamspy estimations by March 1st.

Isn't DD Darkest Dungeon?

Edit: Dragon's Dogma.

What on earth at the RE0 costumes pricing. Has the bundle price been set too low or the individual packs set too high?

Wish I'd known they were going down this dlc route beforehand as I'd probably have held off pre-ordering. I dread to think what they'll do for RE2HD.

I think it's just weirdly formatted, they should all be $2.99, but packs 1 and 2 can only be bought in the $9.99 bundle so they show that price instead.

dex3108

Jonathan Blow is giving some The Witness codes on Twitter but damn it is impossible to get one fast enough even with small puzzles he do XD

Jawmuncher

I think it's just weirdly formatted, they should all be $2.99, but packs 1 and 2 can only be bought in the $9.99 bundle so they show that price instead.

Yeah the DLC pricing seems to be fucked up. It's 9.99 for those packs and like you said they are only allowed in the full set. Early today they were all 2.99 and purchasable separately. I think it's just due to a amount of exclusivity I hope. Since Pack 1 was preorder and 2 is supposedly supposed to be if you own both REmake and RE0.

Still costumes that do nothing more than change your look is the best thing they can do if they insist on DLC.

Knurek

uPlay freezes my computer when it's opening, when it's starting a download, and when alt tabbing out of a game.

Nice to see uPlay is still a broken piece of shit that has no reason to exist
james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1_zpsdf9ee7d7.gif~c200

Had the same thing happen to me.
Let me guess, Win7 and DS4Windows? Disable exclusive mode to fix that.

Ah, I see what you mean. How bizarre.

Yeah the DLC pricing seems to be fucked up. It's 9.99 for those packs and like you said they are only allowed in the full set. Early today they were all 2.99 and purchasable separately. I think it's just due to a amount of exclusivity I hope. Since Pack 1 was preorder and 2 is supposedly supposed to be if you own both REmake and RE0.

Still costumes that do nothing more than change your look is the best thing they can do if they insist on DLC.

That makes a bit more sense although it looks like nobody received pack 2 for having REHD. I don't recall them even saying this was going to be the case. Did they say if it's only for those who already own REHD or for anyone who gets it in future?

Firaxis Bundle is pretty god tier if you don't have the games (I have them all though.)

Darkest Dungeon came out of early access today! Looking forward to playing that some more later with the new content.

And The Witness at $40 is pretty steep. Definitely waiting on a sale for that, especially since I just dropped almost $60 on XCOM 2.

Still interested to know how much Firewatch will end up costing.

drotahorror

The refund feature is there to be used right? Like, I've gotten refunds now on a few games that I buy that I just don't like. That's legit right, I won't ever be punished for this?

Jawmuncher

The refund feature is there to be used right? Like, I've gotten refunds now on a few games that I buy that I just don't like. That's legit right, I won't ever be punished for this?

You can be punished if you abuse it. So don't go and refund a bunch of titles because you wanted "demos"

Yeah that's totally fine, that's what it's there for. It gets a little shady when people use it as a rental service or abuse it in ways like that.

L.O.R.D

635A1DF520C98EC3FDDC5FEB584552CCA08FFBB9

i will find you , and i will kill you!

i really start to hate lightning , she really has no expression at all. i understand they made her like this in this game for a reason, but seriously.

Wok

what this game is about ? i hear about it all the time , but i only seen some photos

is it another walking simulator with some puzzles that you can already find on mobile games?

Practically, maybe, time will tell.

Theoretically, it is a game developped in 7 years, directed by a very smart and OCD developper, with the millions of dollars that this dev earned with his previous game, which was very innovative, very polished and very long to develop as well. The goal of the dev with this game is to revolutionize the way we see video games, and if there is one guy who can do it, it is him. The game is also an hommage and a reference to one of the most influential games in video game history: Myst.

Breaking news!

I'm confident that I'll be able to get everything ready in just a few short hours after the voting ends this year. Unlike last year where it was months before we got results, I plan on revealing our GOTY at:
t1453431600z4.png

(that's 7PM PST on Thursday the 21st! Just three short hours after voting ends!)

Just like in years past, I'll be counting down the top 10 spots Casey Kasem style right here on this thread before posting the total final results in a new thread on the gaming side. There will be about 5-7 minutes between each reveal for people to discuss and speculate. We had a lot of fun doing this last year, so you won't want to miss it.

I'm so curious to see what games made on the list

Jawmuncher

Because you can keep DRM free version and sell code.

Ok? Numerous other smaller indie's still include both.
Feels to me like he just doesn't trust his audience's which is kind of wrong.
I mean there's a DRM free version if someone REALLY want's to play it, it won't be hard to get a hold of anyway.

Uzzy

"I believe in my games so much that I have to limit where people can own the game"

Where's the limit though? You can get a DRM free copy, or a copy for Steam. That's one place more than a ton of games releasing on PC.

You just don't get two copies of the game. Which limits key resellers because someone buying on Humble Bundle doesn't get two copies, leaving one spare. There's one copy, of the purchasers choice.

Jawmuncher

Where's the limit though? You can get a DRM free copy, or a copy on Steam. That's one place more than a ton of games releasing on PC.

You just don't get two copies of the game. Which limits key resellers because someone buying on Humble Bundle doesn't get two copies, leaving one spare. There's one copy, of the purchasers choice.

See my other post. Really feels like he knows the price is going to be a point of contention, so he figured limiting on humble bundle will somehow "save him". As I said there's a DRM free version regardless. If someone REALLY want's it, they won't have to go through very much to get it anyway. So why limit your fans options?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
See my other post. Really feels like he knows the price is going to be a point of contention, so he figured limiting on humble bundle will somehow "save him". As I said there's a DRM free version regardless. If someone REALLY want's it, they won't have to go through very much to get it anyway. So why limit your fans options?

I guess the alternative would be he could have not released a DRM free version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom