• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need this as an alt costume for Chun Li.

The wait for SFV is killing me. I even spotted a copy of The Legend of Chun Li in a shop today and considered it for a brief second. Someone please put me in a coma for the next 27 days..

t1455645600z0.png
good comic i almost forgot that SFV comes out in February

Arthea

I find gaf goty threads to be highly educational, because it's sobering and instructive to see that about half of gaf can't read, or just don't. I always thought that forums are for reading and exchanging opinions, apparently that's so very wrong.

How long does it usually take to hear back from steam support?

last record we had in this thread was 4 months, shortest ever was by Jasec - 19 hours, but that was more of a miracle than what you should expect.

Takes ~2 weeks for SteamSpy numbers to be stable right?

Almost selling as much as REmake in less than a week is great.

apparently it's only 3 days, but it's still selling so numbers should go up daily

I find gaf goty threads to be highly educational, because it's sobering and instructive to see that about half of gaf can't read, or just don't. I always thought that forums are for reading and exchanging opinions, apparently that's so very wrong.

Nah, we can exchange opinions but they need to validate mine or else they are worthless opinions that of people trying to be hipster with an agenda that are trying to destroy video games as we know it.

Arthea

I played probably the most number of games ever in 2015... but none were released from 2015. Still of the opinion there should be an alternative Games In The Year 2015 Voting :/

I like how so many people insist there has to be voting like this, but I'm yet to see anybody to volunteer to actually do this

Nah, we can exchange opinions but they need to validate mine or else they are worthless opinions that of people trying to be hipster with an agenda that are trying to destroy video games as we know it.
that sounds oddly familiar, I wish it didn't

zkylon

zkylewd
Her argument is character designs haven't change when her initial example has dramatically changed.
that's such a nitpicky thing tho specially when she provides so many other examples

and like she may not wear hot pants anymore but r we say new tomb raider wasn't sexualizing lara in any way?

like hey, i don't like uncharted all that much so i didn't play it, but i watched the conan o brien bit and i think the third shot of lara you get in the whole game is her boobs and then u go crawling with her with a faceful of butt to the point conan was screaming I LOVE YOUU lol

i mean, i don't really wanna go there, but i think overall it's a pretty nitpicky thing to complain about specially if u watch the whole video

Knurek

Thats impressive. What is the game like?

Here's one of the 'not to be' endings:

You step into the quantum leap accelerator and the world around you vanishes. You're surrounded by the darkest blackness you've ever seen. The next thing you know, the world is reassembling itself around you. You're aware of light beginning to shine on you, of heat you haven't felt in millennia beginning to warm your body. You feel yourself becoming real, corporeal. You look around you, watching the world become more and more solid with each passing second as your jump approaches completion.

You're underwater! Frantically, you swim towards the surface, but upon breaking it you find yourself suffocating. You sink back to the water and inhale, expecting to drown, but somehow it sustains you. It feels natural. I hate to break this to you, but the temporal targeting has missed your old body by quite a bit. We don't have much time, so I'll give it to you straight. Hamlet, your consciousness is now inside the body of a trout. And that's not even the worst of it. Your mind is collapsing, unable to be sustained by the simpler neural structure of the fishy body you now inhabit. I'm sorry, but there's just not enough neurons here to sustain you. I'm really not sure how much longer you 'as a person' will last. It'll be minutes at best, seconds at worst, but either way, it won't be long before everything that made you who you are is lost forever. In the meantime, Hamlet, do you want to swim upstream or downstream?

Lomax

The worst part about the Humble Firaxis bundle is knowing I spent $15 on XCOM complete like a year and a half ago, thought it was a great deal, and still haven't even installed it.

titch

I played probably the most number of games ever in 2015... but none were released from 2015. Still of the opinion there should be an alternative Games In The Year 2015 Voting :/

I like the idea of that.

I've not voted because the games ive played/enjoyed the most are pre 2015.

Harder to manage but something like in individual cannot vote for the same game again would hopefully stop the same game winning repeatedly.

Annubis

I would just like more constructive criticism and some recognition of the progress done in the last 20 years instead of nearly only

giphy.gif

But that's just my personal opinion and it's not like she is obligated to follow it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would just like more constructive criticism and some recognition of the progress done in the last 20 years instead of nearly only

giphy.gif

But that's just my personal opinion and it's not like she is obligated to follow it.
i mean, i'd like more constructive criticism of anita sarkcheesian's work than ppl just posting that gif over and over but u know, constructive criticism is hard i guess :p

if u actually watch the video she gives some positive examples of games that do butts the right way (as in, games that don't really care much about butts) like life is strange and games with man butts (like metal gear) so everyone's happy

again, i don't think anyone can look at tomb raider 2013 without raising an eyebrow at the moaning and the weird almost-sex-assault scene and how lara's boobs are like the center of the camera in the opening cutscene lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Holy fuck the finale and true ending to Undertale... Great
and insane
stuff. I loved how the
flower crashes your game a couple of times

derExperte

As part of our push to increase account security, you can no longer opt out of trade and Market confirmations. To complete a trade, trade offer, or Market listing, you'll need to confirm that action via a Steam email sent to.....
Learn more about confirmations

Not all Market listings will require confirmation, most listings under $3.00 USD can be posted immediately.

How do I opt out?

To ensure that you are in control of items moving out of your account, trades and Market listings must be confirmed. There is no longer a way to opt out.

I assume some imbecile fucked something up badly and still went to support whining. So too bad, even non-idiots have to deal with confirmation mails now.

Speaking of brain damage, why are some putting games in their GOTY top 10 and then in the description clearly state that they didn't actually like them?

zkylon

zkylewd
The worst part about the Humble Firaxis bundle is knowing I spent $15 on XCOM complete like a year and a half ago, thought it was a great deal, and still haven't even installed it.
whenever i feel like that i try to remember that i payed 40 dollars for skyrim

and then nothing sounds so bad anymore

Holy fuck the finale and true ending to Undertale... Great
and insane
stuff. I loved how the
flower crashes your game a couple of times
yeah pretty much all the meta stuff about that game is awesome

and the non-meta stuff too

everything is aweomse

Arthea

I assume some imbecile fucked something up badly and still went to support whining. So too bad, even non-idiots have to deal with confirmation mails now.

Speaking of brain damage, why are some putting games in their GOTY top 10 and then in the description clearly state that they didn't actually like them?

as they basically killed trading anyway, no biggie anymore, although I don't see how taking any resemblance of choice option away makes any user happier, ever.

well, obviously, if you don't have it on the list, you haven't played it, meaning your opinion doesn't matter
I have no idea, people, who can understand them really

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
yeah pretty much all the meta stuff about that game is awesome

and the non-meta stuff too

everything is aweomse

Plan to read a lot about the game and look up some list easter eggs I (definitely) missed. There's so much care put into everything in this game, it's very impressive.

One thing I didn't get was that
you turned to be Frisk and not [player name] Are there two different kids?

zkylon

zkylewd
Plan to read a lot about the game and look up some list easter eggs I (definitely) missed. There's so much care put into everything in this game, it's very impressive.

One thing I didn't get was that
you turned to be Frisk and not [player name] Are there two different kids?
yeah, it's a bit convoluted but

you named the original kid that is adopted by asgore and toriel and dies, but you were playing as another kid that much resemebles them named frisk

i'm not entirely sure why it is that way, it might be a plot twisty kind of thing or something more that i didn't fully get but yeah, different kids

Here's one of the 'not to be' endings:

You step into the quantum leap accelerator and the world around you vanishes. You're surrounded by the darkest blackness you've ever seen. The next thing you know, the world is reassembling itself around you. You're aware of light beginning to shine on you, of heat you haven't felt in millennia beginning to warm your body. You feel yourself becoming real, corporeal. You look around you, watching the world become more and more solid with each passing second as your jump approaches completion.

You're underwater! Frantically, you swim towards the surface, but upon breaking it you find yourself suffocating. You sink back to the water and inhale, expecting to drown, but somehow it sustains you. It feels natural. I hate to break this to you, but the temporal targeting has missed your old body by quite a bit. We don't have much time, so I'll give it to you straight. Hamlet, your consciousness is now inside the body of a trout. And that's not even the worst of it. Your mind is collapsing, unable to be sustained by the simpler neural structure of the fishy body you now inhabit. I'm sorry, but there's just not enough neurons here to sustain you. I'm really not sure how much longer you 'as a person' will last. It'll be minutes at best, seconds at worst, but either way, it won't be long before everything that made you who you are is lost forever. In the meantime, Hamlet, do you want to swim upstream or downstream?

Apparently, it's a choose-your-own-adventure game written by Ryan North (of Dinosaur Comics and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl fame), with art by a bunch of other webcomic artists, based on Hamlet.

Sounds interesting

Ozium

stemgaf goty closed tomorrow but who knows the results who knows if mine is counted I dont know if jshackles got the ballot or not but the time is coming up to soon end all hopes and dreams as we know who has voted so far

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
OH shit I just realized The Deadly Tower of Monsters was an ACE Team game. I just got 10x more interested in it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
yeah, it's a bit convoluted but

you named the original kid that is adopted by asgore and toriel and dies, but you were playing as another kid that much resemebles them named frisk

i'm not entirely sure why it is that way, it might be a plot twisty kind of thing or something more that i didn't fully get but yeah, different kids

It makes more sense if you've gone down the path of a sociopath.

Ozium

1. Bloodborne ; Haven't played it but heard it's great
2. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection ; Gaming Perfection
3. The Order 1886 ; Great introduction to an amazing franchise!

edit: wrong thread

actual real edit: i forgot to vote for rocket league in steamgaf goty

Sch1sm

1. Bloodborne ; Haven't played it but heard it's great
2. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection ; Gaming Perfection
3. The Order 1886 ; Great introduction to an amazing franchise!

edit: wrong thread

actual real edit: i forgot to vote for rocket league in steamgaf goty

I don't care where you meant to put this, it's so bad.

That moment you realize that you already had a uplay account when trying to sign up for one because strangely your username is taken.

I actually just had this the other day, when I was trying to sign up for the Division.
I had to dig my emails to discover which one is the on registered to my uplay account.

-------------------------------------------------

Is Steam store kinda broken for everyone else?
The games on specials aren't discounted at all. And when I visit one of the store pages, it's indeed not discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom