• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

1. Bloodborne ; Haven't played it but heard it's great
2. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection ; Gaming Perfection
3. The Order 1886 ; Great introduction to an amazing franchise!

edit: wrong thread

actual real edit: i forgot to vote for rocket league in steamgaf goty

Oh, Ozzy. :p

Pray for me fam

s6mgKgn.png

Grief.exe
Banned
(Today, 01:56 AM)

zkylon

zkylewd
I want The Witness, but........Dragon's Dogma and Tomb Raider.....

Eh...
i'd say just wait

jonathan blow is a (very) smart guy and a guy with strong opinions about how games are offered, so it wouldn't surprise me if the idea of not having a preorder discount is to actively discourage people from preordering it

cos u know, don't buy shit because it's cheap, buy it because you want to play it

so try to be patient until it releases and if word of mouth is ok and it aligns with what u want out of the game then strongly consider buying it cos it has some pretty fucking insane promise

It makes more sense if you've gone down the path of a sociopath.
it wouldn't make sense for me to go down that path being as i'm not a monster

Teggy

It's only giantbomb. Not like it's the Academy Awards or something.

Well yeah, but they are pretty popular on GAF and I would expect the cut of one particular game would have generated some conversation, not to mention one game that came very close to getting cut.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got my physical (PS4) copy of Life is Strange. I've now bought this game three times. No regrets.

tumblr_nz7z75hPj21ubpbmgo1_500.gif

I was prepared to get the LiS PC version from the SE site, but the Canadian dollar has tanked something fierce of late.
chart

It's digging for oil all on its own.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
tumblr_nz7z75hPj21ubpbmgo1_500.gif

I was prepared to get the LiS PC version from the SE site, but the Canadian dollar has tanked something fierce of late.
chart

It's digging for oil all on its own.

It's ~$13 CAD on Nuuvem, if that's an option for you to get it. Looks like there is no south america lock on the game.

I see where this LiS talk is coming from now...
Free content added:
  • Directors Commentary DLC: 1 hour long video in which devs talk about Life is Strange.
  • New subtitled languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Mexican Spanish.

New features:

• Select language in-game at any time
  • Various subtitle sizes available: normal, large, hella large.
  • Toggle subtitle overlay on or off.
Bug fixes

• Minor changes, tweaks and fixes applied to all the episodes of Life Is Strange.

All previous patches incorporated.

It includes all fixes in previous patch
http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/1/490123197958666447/
Hella.
It's ~$13 CAD on Nuuvem, if that's an option for you to get it. Looks like there is no south america lock on the game.

Alas, the physical edition is the only way to get the soundtrack. And even if they are shipping it, I dunno that shipping costs from South America or whatever are in my favour.

I may just cave and get it for PS4 or something locally. I dunno that I can pass LiS up.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kind of really lame that i have to download 11 gigs worth of game just to watch that video

maybe i'll just youtube it or see if someone uploaded it somewhere, it's not even like integrated in the game

this is probably more of a problem with how steam manages dlc than the life is strange devs, tho they could've just published that on youtube and save us the trouble...

zkylon

zkylewd
that costume thing looks supremely bad

also idk what that pie chart is supposed to mean

it's a well known fact 90% of everything is kind of garbage so who cares what kind of garbage it is

moe or not it's still garbage

up 3-0 in Rocket League...

...lose 4-3 after the other team scores all of their goals within about a minute and a half since my teammates decided to never be anywhere near the goal to defend or help at all after I center about 10 shots in a row

dot

up 3-0 in Rocket League...

...lose 4-3 after the other team scores all of their goals within about a minute and a half since my teammates decided to never be anywhere near the goal to defend or help at all after I center about 10 shots in a row

You should play with some friends instead of randoms.

rtcn63

The costume comes off better in those fight screens. The two Laura's just look like they're having a jubilant sparring match on the beach or quarry or whatever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
who spending $40 on the witness next month? I'll tell you who; no one. Everyone will be to busy with the true game of the month, Disgaea.

When the OP forgot about Disgusting it already tell you how well it will do on the sales.

EDIT:"DOA is disgusting for the fan service but SF fan service is okay" - SF Fans.

Eila

When the OP forgot about Disgusting it already tell you how well it will do on the sales.

EDIT:"DOA is disgusting for the fan service but SF fan service is okay" - SF Fans.

Dood, what did Disgaea ever do to you? I'll have to buy it
whenever it's 75% off.

zkylon

zkylewd
my main issue with that costumes is with devs being so incapable of coming up with good ideas for something sexy that's also not like totally grotesque?

it's like the laziest slutty costume evar

Jawmuncher

yYs5JTw.jpg

Man what I wouldn't give for this to be real.

I Believe. It's been wanted forever, and now would be the time to do it.
Especially since outside the cutscenes, the entire games are in 3D. Plus we know the servers can be reworked. Fans got their own server up and running now.

Resident Evil 0 HD
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil Outbreak HD
Resident Evil 6 HD

Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil CG Movie
Resident Evil Final Live Action Movie.

It's all looking likely. I half expect console wise for 4 and 5 to follow 6 as well. The new PC versions out of nowhere had to be made in mind for new console version's as well.

Speaking of which the entire Outbreak cast was amazing. Wish they would have made it into the mainline games somehow. David and Kevin were my go to characters.
7619801B72C12BB7A2BBFB273ABB5672361C5958

Man, the campaign missions in ArmA3 go from easy-peasy to what-is-happening-i-am-getting-bombarded-from-every-direction like a jojo.
Had to lead a team through a massive walk to steal a fuel tanker. Started at dusk and gradually turned into a pitch-black, stealth night mission. A bit stupid that there were no suppressors in the base for any rifle, yet all my team-mates have one. Had to wait until a buddy died to steal his silenced rifle ( >_>)
Anyway, they all fall like damn flies once I get to the tanker aaaand it turns out empty. Commander directs me to another location 2km away to steal another tanker. Dafuq?! I already lost most of my team and there are armored vehicles everywhere, seemingly having spider-senses, bombing me away from hundreds of meters away. Bonkers ramp up in difficulty suddenly.
Had to stop there. Can't wait to finish this painfully unforgiving mission tomorrow. Man, I just want to fly a fighter-jet above the beautiful clouds and drop some bombs from far away, safely and feel good :/
No tanks, helicopter or planes in the campaign after 23hrs - about the midway point -, not even a proper sniper rifle which would be very useful at the frequent mid to long range firefights. I know ArmA is more about secenarios and multi-player, so longevity over all but man, it sure is taking its gooooood time to show me what it has under the hood :v

Pray for me fam
s6mgKgn.png
You're doing a dangerous dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom