• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Deer -- MB-00FE13899226CA8A - Taken by Nabae. 1 entrants total.

t1453297722z1.png

Still available.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Obsidian lead designer is up for working on another Fallout game

Fallout 4 is a pretty good open world game that a lot of people are still enjoying weeks after launch, but I couldn't help but feel like it was a downgrade from New Vegas in many ways. Most of you agreed. That's because Bethesda didn't develop Vegas -- Obsidian did -- and it seems like they may be interested in doing it all over again.

When asked on Twitter, Eric Fenstermaker, lead designer at Obsidian, responded, "I'm always up for working on a Fallout. I think most of us generally are. Really fun property to work with." After the whole mess with not hitting their Metacritic bonus target I'm surprised that all is well on Obsidian's end, and honestly, I'd love it if they could work on the next Fallout together.

accel

I asked this in HS thread, I figure I'd ask here as well, it's kind of on-topic:

I know Steam includes means to stream your games. Can it be configured to capture your games for later replay without streaming? Does it work for non-Steam games?

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to capturing software, I'd like to record my games in Hearthstone (non-Steam) so I can analyze them later - is there an easy way to do this with Steam or with some free software? I don't need sound and I don't think I need high quality video either.

Thanks in advance.

Wok

I asked this in HS thread, I figure I'd ask here as well, it's kind of on-topic:

I know Steam includes means to stream your games. Can it be configured to capture your games for later replay without streaming? Does it work for non-Steam games?

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to capturing software, I'd like to record my games in Hearthstone (non-Steam) so I can analyze them later - is there an easy way to do this with Steam or with some free software? I don't need sound and I don't think I need high quality video either.

Thanks in advance.

OBS does recording. Never used it but heard it is good from the Dota2 thread.

https://obsproject.com/

garath

Thanks in advance.

If you use nvidia, shadowplay is a pretty good solution.

No. We've been over this before. New Vegas has way too much wacky humor and pop culture references. There was a lot more quest fluffing by having to travel back and forth to distant areas to complete a single quest. Plus the world map is terrible and it had way more bugs than 3. It may had more bugs than 4. New Vegas is Obsidian's worst game. The dialog was better in New vegas. It sounded more natural that most of the dialog in 3 or 4.

Mfw+my+name+have+some+blue+in+it+now+i+m_4550ca_5446923.gif

What?? It's not even close to 3!

Well yeah, 3 is the best. I rank the Fallout games thus:

Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 2
Van Buren Tech demo
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

I'm not listing Fallout Shelter since it's just a weird off shoot.

Dr Dogg

Ah the old 'but everyone was doing it' defence. To be fair I do love the start of the long winded US election campaign because the majority of your politicians are barking mad. Not that I find them endearing but it's a change from the public school toffs that we've got that act like a bunch of yobs out on the piss the moment they get in the get in the House of Commons. Just check out our PM who leans on the dispatch box like he's ordering drinks at a bar during PMQ's.

Anyhoo is the Pawn system working as intended yet for anyone in Dragon's Dogma? Checked in at the inn a couple of times last night and nope still nothing :(

Jawmuncher

Well yeah, 3 is the best. I rank the Fallout games thus:

Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 2
Van Buren Tech demo
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

I'm not listing Fallout Shelter since it's just a weird off shoot.

Lol you won't rank Fallout Shelter but a Tech Demo makes the list.

Knurek

I just wish sometimes Steam version of Dangan Ronpa had workshop support.

Would love to play the game with a crew of Jaw, Arthy, Jshacks, Grief, GrrIAmAFridge, corfrost and other people murdering each other.

Speaking of anime i started catching up on DRRR x2 on netflix, first 4 eps are pretty boring but after thst it gets really good. I really like the english dub, i probably wont even watch part 3 of x2 till the english dub is out, i enjoy it that much. Also cause i think the show works better when you watch more than 1 ep at a time

On a game I've never played before, regardless if it's story, combat or puzzle based, first time through I never play on the hardest difficulty (except those that have locked harder difficulties) and never, ever use a guide of somesort for anything.
I usually go for the hard difficulty when I first play a game and I only use a guide if I get really stuck but, even then, I try to use it as little as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom