• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Can't wait to see what SteamGAF is up to toda ...

cMWalaa.gif

Can't wait to see what SteamGAF is up to toda ...
Eh, barely annoyed about recent derailment. Sadly find myself skimming through a lot lately though. What can I say about those? They’re not real forum players. These are not people who matter in the overall course of humanity.... ehr, GAF.

So I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing in Dragon's Dogma. I just did some stuff in the Catacombs for some Pawns. Now I have about 50 open quests and no clue where to go.

Nillansan

I finally settled on my Steam GOTY list.

(5 Points) - Undertale.
(4 Points) - Technobabylon.
(3 Points) - HELLDIVERS.
(2 Points) - NEON STRUCT.
(1 Point) - Westerado: Double Barreled.

Dr Dogg

It's got to the point where there are vastly more posts complaining about anime than post that are about anime (well it got to that point months and months ago). Here's a top tip stop complaining about anime and just ignore anyone who goes off piste. Talk about what you are currently playing, what new titles on the horizon you're looking forward to etc. You don't need to blurt out every tiny little thought in your head about what goes on in here and half the time if you respond to off topic chatter you don't think is appropriate it doesn't do anything to help matters either.

Anyhoo I'll climb down off my soapbox now but here's something. I can't remember what the release date said for Final Fantasy IX before the store page changed to Early 2016 (might have been January 2016) but right now in the coming soon tab it's sandwiched between a few games coming out on 21st. Now I doubt it will release tomorrow with little to no fan fare as usually GMG get their store page up and start accepting preorders about a week before release but when do you folks with we'll see FFIX?

So I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing in Dragon's Dogma. I just did some stuff in the Catacombs for some Pawns. Now I have about 50 open quests and no clue where to go.

It's a bit of a pain that Main, Side and Notice Board quests all get lumbered in the same quest log with little to differentiate them from one another other than the description. It can be a bit of a chore to filter out the more involved ones from the kill x of y quests as you pick up so many of them. Really most Notice Board quests I tend to pick up asap and just do them as I go along and then tend to one Main or Side mission at a time whilst checking the quest log to see if I'm going to a particular area that has an enemy to kill in the plethora of Notice Board quests I've got. But the critical path has about 6 or 7 logical stopping points where you can monkey about doing side stuff before picking it up again (ie getttign to the encampments, getting to Gran Sorren for the first time etc). These are good opportunities to go explore the area for side objectives and chat to NPCs in the area.

Though first time I played it I was kind of a bit lost/overwhelmed with the amount of stuff on my plate at any one given time. Since then and multiple playthroughs I've got a handle on how I like to approach things and what and when stuff is missable.

But I still stand by my view that Ginso tree escape is one giant mistake.

I just beat the game, and with your hatred of that segment, I'll be very, very interested to see what you think of the endgame.

What a great, great game. I tucked it squarely at number 2 of the year earlier today when I voted, and after finishing the last hour or so (counting deaths and retries of areas...) I can safely say I made the right call.

It could even edge out and be the best game of the year, but I was just totally blindsided and surprised by how much I enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands.

I finally settled on my Steam GOTY list.

(4 Points) - Technobabylon.

This one was a huge blip on my radar, and then quickly was buried for some reason. Thanks for bringing it back up. Steam reviews seem to corroborate your praise.

EDIT:
It's got to the point where there are vastly more posts complaining about anime than post that are about anime (well it got to that point month and months ago). Here's a top tip stop complaining about anime and just ignore anyone who goes off piste. Talk about what you are currently playing, what new titles on the horizon you're looking forward to etc. You don't need to blurt out every tiny little thought in your head about what goes on in here and half the time if you respond to off topic chatter you don't think is appropriate it doesn't do anything to help matters either.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BROADBAND SPEEDTEST JIFS????

Jawmuncher

lol WUT? Thank god I didn't buy the PC version. Relly fucked up for them to drop support rather than try to fix the mess they release.
WB Publishing needs to get their shit straight for their devs on PC. It even sold almost 500,000 copies on PC. Sure might not be huge compared to PS4/X1 but for a figher on PC that's really good.
Think it would be worth to support it.

Maybe they'll change their mind later on with a new port of the XL to replace the current version. Nothing really says that can't happen.

Grief.exe

Not getting Mortal Kombat XL, either.

Come the fuck on, WB.

WB taking their ball and going home after the Arkham Knight fiasco.

But according to Durante the PC version is the best version of every game since there's always a way the PC version is the best version.

You are utilizing one off examples to illustrate your point, rather than representing the vast majority which Durante is referring to.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fantomena got his feelings hurt and he's decided to make it your problem, folks. Just move along.

fantomena

You are utilizing one off examples to illustrate your point, rather than representing the vast majority which Durante is referring to.

Oh fuck. I must have forgotten to place "/s" in my post. Sorry about that.

He ain't wrong.

He's wrong in this case.

Fantomena got his feelings hurt and he's decided to make it your problem, folks. Just move along.

That makes no sense. I don't have any feelings. My feeling's can't be hurt since they don't exist. ;)

Tizoc

WB taking their ball and going home after the Arkham Knight fiasco.

Funnily enough, the Season Pass 2 stuff could be added to the PC version thru modders but even then WB might send a C&D.

Arthea

guys, don't forget to submit your GOTY votes to jshackles, there is only one day left, and I find turnout to be rather alarming, did we really lose so many people in one year? Also, if you submit your votes, it will be more fun tomorrow, when results are posted, no?

FLD

I'm assuming you mean first half of Stardust Crusader? cause I do agree that was pretty boring, Jotaro is the lamest jojo. 2nd half is amazing. HOWEVER if you mean Battle Tendency (Joseph Joestar), you shut your whore mouth, he's the best jojo.

I think Stardust Crusader is the next season I need to watch? By first half I meant the very first JoJo, with Dio. The second half is that other JoJo with those dudes with the retarded names. Like, AC/DC and Cars or whatever. That story arc got kinda boring.

MUnited83

For you.
Isn't a definitive version the version that works overall best and has the most content?

So Arkham Asylum PS3 is the best version because of the Joker exclusive dlc?

Also doesn't get new netcode to fix the broken online. Just because you don't like the DLC doesn't mean it isn't a big deal in general.
Fair enough, and that is still on shitty ass publishers/devs. Yes, the PC version isn't the definitive version if the devs go out of their way to strip and gimp everywhere they can. That's not a revelation.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's got to the point where there are vastly more posts complaining about anime than post that are about anime (well it got to that point months and months ago). Here's a top tip stop complaining about anime and just ignore anyone who goes off piste. Talk about what you are currently playing, what new titles on the horizon you're looking forward to etc. You don't need to blurt out every tiny little thought in your head about what goes on in here and half the time if you respond to off topic chatter you don't think is appropriate it doesn't do anything to help matters either.

Anyhoo I'll climb down off my soapbox now but here's something. I can't remember what the release date said for Final Fantasy IX before the store page changed to Early 2016 (might have been January 2016) but right now in the coming soon tab it's sandwiched between a few games coming out on 21st. Now I doubt it will release tomorrow with little to no fan fare as usually GMG get their store page up and start accepting preorders about a week before release but when do you folks with we'll see FFIX?

I double checked SteamDB, the original release date was "January 1st," a placeholder date. I could see it releasing tomorrow with how little fanfare FF VI received when it was released on Steam, but the original intended release date (which might have been tomorrow) might have been pushed back a week or two.

but how else will i be able to learn the shocking truth about trump supporters

fantomena gives us the hard hitting reports we deserve here in the steam thread

Dr Dogg

DID SOMEBODY SAY BROADBAND SPEEDTEST JIFS????

Oddly I've cause many a thread derailment by posting my woefully internet connection figures :(
So Arkham Asylum PS3 is the best version because of the Joker exclusive dlc?

That'll be the Mac version then since it's in there too and not limited to scalability settings like the PS3. Based Ferral Interactive.

Of course you can actually mod The Joker into the Windows version thanks to the aforementioned Mac version and it's a piece of cake too.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/35140/discussions/0/648812916713480733

Arthea

As for FF9 release date, I think it was twenty something, not sure was it 6 or 9, probably 9? Seeing as they changed it to early 2016, it could come in February or March, not January though.

edited: also my earlier question still stands, did DQH get patched for win10 related problems or not, or even better question, was it patched at all in any way?
Anybody?

Jawmuncher

As for FF9 release date, I think it was twenty something, not sure was it 6 or 9, probably 9? Seeing as they changed it to early 2016, it could come in February or March, not January though.

Didn't they announce and release FF6 last minute on steam? Hell i think they did that with LR as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see it by the end of next week. With maybe two days of notice before hand.

Arthea

Didn't they announce and release FF6 last minute on steam? Hell i think they did that with LR as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see it by the end of next week. With maybe two days of notice before hand.

I don't think they would have changed the date to non committal early 2016 if they planned to release it this month and a game was ready. Something came up, most likely, what made them to delay this release.

You can mod those Joker levels into the PC version. Probably not legal, but it's doable.

Also shocked that MKX sold so much. I remember a few folks (here?) trying to refund it after the feature went live but I guess most people didn't care or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom