• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Anime party in here!!
BIdPgus.gif

TV show? Or anime TV show? If its the former, that's so not true.

The latter might not even be true.
well anime airs on tv first but its also anime, so its both. Its Number 1 and will most likely never be dethroned in our lives. We should be grateful we were alive to watch such greatness. This is fact
Trump is everywhere.
Now this I can get behind, Trump for President.
I watched the first season. First half was great but the second half got kinda boring.

I'm assuming you mean first half of Stardust Crusader? cause I do agree that was pretty boring, Jotaro is the lamest jojo. 2nd half is amazing. HOWEVER if you mean Battle Tendency (Joseph Joestar), you shut your whore mouth, he's the best jojo.

Shadownet

Banned
well anime airs on tv first but its also anime, so its both. Its Number 1 and will most likely never be dethroned in our lives. We should be grateful we were alive to watch such greatness. This is fact

Now this I can get behing, Trump for President.
No I mean, there is anime TV show and then there's live TV show. If you combined both into one category and tell me JoJo is the best show in existence, I would have to disagree with you.

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Evangelion are better.

No I mean, there is anime TV show and then there's live TV show. If you combined both into one category and tell me JoJo is the best show in existence, I would have to disagree with you.

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Evangelion are better.

even if you combined them into 1 category Jojo would still be number 1. Brotherhood is a damn good anime, but like i said for the 100th time; nothing, NOTHING that exist as of January 20, 2016 has topped the greatness that is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. its god-like tier entertainment

even if you combined them into 1 category Jojo would still be number 1. Brotherhood is a damn good anime, but like i said for the 100th time; nothing, NOTHING that exist as of January 20, 2016 has topped the greatness that is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. its god-like tier entertainment

You never watched Akagi or Kaiji...

Teggy

Ok, REmake questions:

1. How many knife swipes does it take to knock down a zombie? It felt like I was just scratching and it just overtook me and killed me. I don't remember the old games being like this.

2. I assume once a zombie is on the ground you can't stomp its head or something? Only burn it?

Shadownet

Banned
L O FUCKING L. Did you forget shows like Breaking Bad, The Flash, Friends, X-Files and Sherlock existed? Time to broaden your horizon.

Also Bernardo is right, I forgot Cowboy Bebop as well.

L O FUCKING L. Did you forget shows like Breaking Bad, The Flash, Friends, X-Files and Sherlock existed? Time to broaden your horizon.

Also Bernardo is right, I forgot Cowboy Bebop as well.

Broaden my horizion? Seen all those shows, Jojo remains king. Don't just assume I only watch anime cause I KNOW for a fact that Jojo is the best show in existence. Go broaden your horizion and watch jojo

Dr Dogg

1600x900@60fps = 86400000 pixels per second
1920x1080@30fps = 62208000 pixels per second

Of course a lot more goes into what makes up a game than that but if you're one of those crazies that has little understanding but wants to just argue numbers then the above is food for thought.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just listened to a podcast about That Dragon, Cancer. Features some commentary from the podcasters, and the actual parents/dev from the game. Full of emotion.
Consider this relevant since it's a steam game, if not , sorry
http://www.radiolab.org/story/cathedral/

This may actually be one of the most relevant posts on this page. Thanks for the link!

Balthuk

This may actually be one of the most relevant posts on this page. Thanks for the link!

You're welcome. I just finished it and it was worth it 100%.
Just keep in mind, that there are spoilers(?) about the game. I haven't played it but if you want to go in the game blind, maybe listen to this later.

Zeeman

Humble extra

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-D597242F4BB8533C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1453307502z1.png

I encountered few of these enemies and realized I must boost from their projectiles, and only their projectiles to get to where I want. I had to bait and nurse their attack to get them to shoot where I wanted them to shoot, and prevent myself from falling to the lava below. This is what Ori does best IMO(aside from the pretty graphics ofc), they introduce you to a new tool, and then another new situation where one learns the advanced application of said tool, it's pretty neat.

But I still stand by my view that Ginso tree escape is one giant mistake.

Nzyme32

Console wars: If your game on console x is 900p and 1080p on console y: "No one cares about resolution"
If your console is rumored to be 900p (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173150) "IN NO FUCKING WAY IS IT ONLY 900p!!"

No one is paying attention to the fact that this is GFK, a well known market research agency who Nintendo are a client of (not the other ways around as the thread title suggests).

GFK knowingly use a mix of accurate and inaccurate information to produce hypothetical questions to guage the opinion and feedback of the market, all to provide research conclusions to Nintendo to help them make better business decisions or even simply angle their marketing strategy and communication as perfectly as possible

For example, one of the questions may be about whether customers want a disc drive or not. This can serve to help marketing strategies and what needs to be communicated most effectively to educate about the product for example not having a drive when people indicate they actually want one, etc

Its almost certainly not accurate, intentionally.

The original report is from a Forbes Contributor.

Accuracy is assured!

The original report is from a Forbes Contributor.

Accuracy is assured!

Its from a David Gibson's report, a Senior Analyst and Regional Head of Software at Services,a research firm. It covers equities, economics, commodities, debt markets, foreign exchange, futures, and environmental, social and governance sector.

accel

BTW, it's worse than just "a guy in one part of the state does something the other part says is illegal" - the guy who owns the torrent tracker is exactly the advisor on all things Internet - it's him and others around him who periodically suggest forcing ISPs to block such and such traffic, and install this and that for backdoors, and make such and such encryption illegal, etc.

GaussTek

Its almost certainly not accurate, intentionally.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the standard for Nintendo's next console, what surprises me is that some people actually think that would be the 'limit' or something. I mean, come on, it all depends on a game's engine (unless, of course, we are talking about a handheld).

Ok, REmake questions:

1. How many knife swipes does it take to knock down a zombie? It felt like I was just scratching and it just overtook me and killed me. I don't remember the old games being like this.

2. I assume once a zombie is on the ground you can't stomp its head or something? Only burn it?
1) quite a few, I wouldn't even bother with Jill since she is weaker.
2) correct.

Also you guys know Avatar is the best anime.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I gave into the hype and started watching what I think is one of the best shows I've seen: Sword Art Online.

Anyone else seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom