• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't know that the voting closes so early. If I hadn't randomly checked the Steam thread just now I'd have missed it.

It's been open since the 7th :(

Although some of this is by design: we thought about making a "voting thread" on gaming side, but decided that we would rather the SteamGAF GOTY voting more closely reflect our own group's candidates rather than GAF at-large. So I'm glad you randomly checked in just now.

Although some of this is by design: we thought about making a "voting thread" on gaming side, but decided that we would rather the SteamGAF GOTY voting more closely reflect our own group's candidates rather than GAF at-large. So I'm glad you randomly checked in just now.
Tell the truth
you didn't want to count that many votes
;)

Nzyme32

While this is most likely true you could also just stay above such things, because it's just a tiny minority anyway.

I also just quoted him because it was the latest comment but I'm also referring to stuff like this. Which is a comment to an also needlessly passive-agressive post from grief.exe earlier regarding a post in a Division thread.

In fairness, that comment of mine is poorly worded. It isn't meant to single out all console gamers but very specifically the ones that will claw at the walls over comments such as grief's but then happily do the contrary regarding other platforms than their chosen one

brau

I am thinking of my list to send your way. Is there a doc with steam games release last year? i am going through my purchase history but some don't qualify i think.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tell the truth
you didn't want to count that many votes
;)

I've not received a single vote for Bloodborne, even as a joke. I'd say we made the right decision. Of course, now that I've said that, someone will inevitably waste one of their votes on it.

Phinor

Had you pre-ordered it you would've gotten the other Homeworld games as well ;)

That's the pre-order bait/trap I dislike. I'm now waiting for 50% off on that game because there's no incentive to buying it now, having missed on the pre-order bonuses. You pay the same, get less than others. So I'll rather just wait and pay less to get less.

Why didn't I pre-order? I was waiting for reviews and now that we have reviews, it seems like the AI is at the beginning of the development cycle. On the other hand by the time the game hits proper bargain bins, they might have patched that AI.

Wow, that's quite unexpected and just as unfortunate.
With no-one local to play with, and the game's garbage online, I probably won't be bothering to pick it up again any time soon.

Based on how the PC version was handled in the first case, I'm guessing that NRS doesn't have any PC expertise themselves, and don't want to spring for somebody else to port these changes. It'll be interesting to see if they even bother porting their next title, and if they do port it, if this will have had any effect on sales.

Jawmuncher

More Street Fighter V Costume Alt Pics. Had Cammy wore some fucking pant's her alt would be pretty awome. Still hate that the made Birdie the "Fat Joke" character since he wasn't designed that way in alpha. Actually like the Rashid alt though, more so than the default in fact. Karin's alt is pretty boring though.

DtbuBcw.jpg
07j4BPP.jpg

SUX0rl9.jpg
EjpjlJD.jpg

gHHVv1U.jpg
lb6VVg9.jpg

The rest here http://imgur.com/a/kDgvU

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;192769581 said:
Wow, that's quite unexpected and just as unfortunate.
With no-one local to play with, and the game's garbage online, I probably won't be bothering to pick it up again any time soon.

Based on how the PC version was handled in the first case, I'm guessing that NRS doesn't have any PC expertise themselves, and don't want to spring for somebody else to port these changes. It'll be interesting to see if they even bother porting their next title, and if they do port it, if this will have had any effect on sales.

I've removed it from my wishlist now. I often tend to buy the NRS fighting games on sale a few years down the road to play the story mode (did this with both MK9 and Injustice). If someone randomly wanted to play a fighting game on PC, then I could indulge. If they aren't going to bother keeping parity with consoles, or at least some semblance of it, there is no reason to ever buy those games on PC. So I won't.

Thanks for telling me to not buy your PC offerings WB/NRS/Whoever did that PC port! I can spend that money on more RPGs!

Messiah

More Street Fighter V Costume Alt Pics. Had Cammy wore some fucking pant's her alt would be pretty awome. Still hate that the made Birdie the "Fat Joke" character since he wasn't designed that way in alpha. Actually like the Rashid alt though, more so than the default in fact. Karin's alt is pretty boring though.

Like Gief, Karin and Cammy, just give them some spats or something Capcom.

FloatOn

Zangief looks terrible

and Cammy's ass is a staple at this point. don't deprive the thirsty street fighter fandom

Tizoc

Rapper Rashid is rather funny.

Jawmuncher

Zangief looks terrible

and Cammy's ass is a staple at this point. don't deprave the thirst street fighter fandom

Still think it would have looked better with some pants. At this point it would be more of a change up to do so, than another costume with no pants.

Uzzy

Rashid's alt is fantastic. Everything they've done for Rashid has been excellent so far, infact. Especially his theme tune.

Cammy wearing pants would probably break some laws, even if it'd have improved the outfit. Or at least have her in a military skirt.

Nothing about Birdie appeals. Seems a waste of a slot.

Dr Dogg

Considering Cammy is more fully clothed in her alt costume than her default in every other game she has appeared in I'm guessing folks are hungering for 'strategic butt coverings' to hide their shame of looking at a digital girls arse.

3 new ROTTR screenshots:

Next Thursday is so far away!!!

Jawmuncher

Rashid's alt is fantastic. Everything they've done for Rashid has been excellent so far, infact. Especially his theme tune.

Cammy wearing pants would probably break some laws, even if it'd have improved the outfit. Or at least have her in a military skirt.

Nothing about Birdie appeals. Seems a waste of a slot.

I agree, Birdie seems like a waste. If Ono wanted another fat stereotype, he should have just brought back Rufus. Or you know not even bothered to bring it back for SFV. As for Cammy she's gotten pants a few time's at least. Still think her SFV akt would have looked better with at least some short underneath the skirt. Like the fox costume has.

Considering Cammy is more fully clothed in her alt costume than her default in every other game she has appeared in I'm guessing folks are hungering for 'strategic butt coverings' to hide their shame of looking at a digital girls arse.

I've never liked her main costume. Also she was in Final Fight Street Wise. Though it was pretty bland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygioobu6y_s

I think Stardust Crusader is the next season I need to watch? By first half I meant the very first JoJo, with Dio. The second half is that other JoJo with those dudes with the retarded names. Like, AC/DC and Cars or whatever. That story arc got kinda boring.

stadust is indeed the next season

Uzzy

I agree, Birdie seems like a waste. If Ono wanted another fat stereotype, he should have just brought back Rufus. Or you know not even bothered to bring it back for SFV. As for Cammy she's gotten pants a few time's at least. Still think her SFV akt would have looked better with at least some short underneath the skirt. Like the fox costume has.

I've never liked her main costume. Also she was in Final Fight Street Wise. Though it was pretty bland.

The one on the left is my favourite, just cause she's rocking that union flag jacket.

I have no shame! I just wanted a version of Cammy wearing her No.2's. Hopefully the green jacket is the work of whichever data-miner got the information, and not the default. It's not hard to get the damn colour right, I'd have thought.

Rashid's costume looks pretty great, it fits his character in my mind.

But they'll never give Cammy pants. As long as they keep her pants-less, they only have to do half the work when making new costumes. ;)

I liked her vacation costume from USFIV, and while technically pants-less, the horror-costume was also pretty great.

I've removed it from my wishlist now. I often tend to buy the NRS fighting games on sale a few years down the road to play the story mode (did this with both MK9 and Injustice). If someone randomly wanted to play a fighting game on PC, then I could indulge. If they aren't going to bother keeping parity with consoles, or at least some semblance of it, there is no reason to ever buy those games on PC. So I won't.

Thanks for telling me to not buy your PC offerings WB/NRS/Whoever did that PC port! I can spend that money on more RPGs!

I can understand your doing that, but to be honest I would suggest picking it up for pennies a few years down the line, if you like to play story modes. The story-mode in MKX was surprisingly good, campy fun.

But yeah, I certainly won't be picking up anything NRS close to release myself, even if purely for the single-player contents.

Dr Dogg

Oh christ what have they done to her!?!?!? I can remember trying to track down a copy of the Smash TV like game for the Dreamcast, Cannon Spike, but seeing as the Dreamcast was dead and GAME had a monopoly on it's release (and even in 2003 I had grown a deep rooted hatred for that company) I never picked it up. Goes for £80 these days :(

Maybe it's just after 20 odd years of playing as Cammy as my backup to my boring Ken main that I've long since stop caring she's pretty much naked compared to the rest of the cast. Though the draw was more that she was repping the UK than anything creepy. Though her Fox outfit in SFIV is pretty swish, then again all the silly animal costumes are, even SF X T got in on the fun...
Shame Capcom fucked that game and it's community up with their DLC plans a go go.

Jawmuncher

Oh christ what have they done to her!?!?!? I can remember trying to track down a copy of the Smash TV like game for the Dreamcast, Cannon Spike, but seeing as the Dreamcast was dead and GAME had a monopoly on it's release (and even in 2003 I had grown a deep rooted hatred for that company) I never picked it up. Goes for £80 these days :(

Maybe it's just after 20 odd years of playing as Cammy as my backup to my boring Ken main that I've long since stop caring she's pretty much naked compared to the rest of the cast. Though the draw was more that she was repping the UK than anything creepy. Though her Fox outfit in SFIV is pretty swish, then again all the silly animal costumes are, even SF X T got in on the fun...

Shame Capcom fucked that game and it's community up with their DLC plans a go go.

Everything that happened to SFxT really was a damn shame. It had all the pieces to be big and they fucked it all up. Could have been a MVC style staple series. Still would like them to give it another try someday. Balanced from the get go (Do a beta again if you must), no gems, and a better DLC plan. At least most people seem to share that stance. "I want another SFxT so long as they don't fuck it up this time."

Uzzy

Seeing the MKX news is really frustrating. But at least I'll have plenty of other companies to give money to for their fighting games on Steam.

Maybe it's just after 20 odd years of playing as Cammy as my backup to my boring Ken main that I've long since stop caring she's pretty much naked compared to the rest of the cast. Though the draw was more that she was repping the UK than anything creepy.

I want to go to the Hypespotting tournament up in Glasgow, main Cammy and wear a union flag on my back. I'll get lynched, but it'll be worth it. For England, Cammy!

3 new ROTTR screenshots:

tumblr_o19lwyB0ZQ1qkq7tbo1_1280.png

tumblr_o180nt7tko1qkq7tbo1_1280.png

tumblr_o16f1w2RBQ1qkq7tbo1_1280.png

Way too sterile and dead looking, it doesn't have the feel of the Xbox One™ version, that version had soul and a certain vibe to it, the resolution and framerate were shaky just like Lara's internal conflict and fear, this version is just soulless and those screens probably require at least a $3,000 Radeon Titan graphics chip to run and match the One's™ looks and performance.

Jawmuncher

Hell even a "Enhanced" SFxT would be interesting to see. Rerelease of the original but with everything included and big changes to the gameplay. I'd be interested in that for a budget price. Though at this point, I guess for the series to get back on track they would have to do SFxT2 to interest the masses.

brau

Way too sterile and dead looking, it doesn't have the feel of the Xbox One™ version, that version had soul and a certain vibe to it, the resolution and framerate were shaky just like Lara's internal conflict and fear, this version is just soulless and those screens probably require at least a $3,000 Radeon Titan graphics chip to run and match the One's™ looks and performance.

I already like you.

I've heard tales of how the 900p resolution is a meta commentary to life itself lately. Not living to its full potential because of life obstacles and the unexpected. its very deep.

Hektor

Hell even a "Enhanced" SFxT would be interesting to see. Rerelease of the original but with everything included and big changes to the gameplay. I'd be interested in that for a budget price. Though at this point, I guess for the series to get back on track they would have to do SFxT2 to interest the masses.

They could start by releasing TxSF at some point.

Mivey

We understand you pain, Spencer. No one could have thought back than that you would only get one month of exclusivity. Don't listen to that voice in head! You are still a great entrepreneur! I mean, at least you are not Don Mattrick.

Dr Dogg

It's alright Tekken x Street Fighter is apparently still a thing and Scamo seem to be on a roll as far as Steam goes these days. Oh wait but it will be Tekken based. We'll guess that's me playing as Hwoarang and spaming the kick buttons until one of us doesn't get up.

I want to go to the Hypespotting tournament up in Glasgow, main Cammy and wear a union flag on my back. I'll get lynched, but it'll be worth it. For England, Cammy!

Well it's not like individually England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland have much representation in fighting games. We should all stick together and not try to kick each others teeth in. I mean how many Scottish fighting game characters are there? All I can think of is that kilt lifting fireball throwing stereotype from that awful Jaguar game Kasumi Ninja and I think calling that a fighting game is taking liberties.

Jawmuncher

They could start by releasing TxSF at some point.

Namco needs to give us Tekken 7 on Steam first.
Still think it's amazing how apparently, they're going to make Akuma canon in this. Though with most of the crazy shit in Tekken and SF, them both being in the same universe isn't that much of a stretch. Aside from the cast's never over-lapping in tournaments. So really SFxT was the craziest thing for both series since it upped the craziness ten-fold with the Pandora stuff. Well that and killing Dan.

They already have with Akuma in Tekken 7.

Somehow people have taken that as TxSF is dead when that should be more proof that they are using that as a base.

I fully expect Tekken 7 to come out, and TxSF to use it engine heavily there for it's game. Much like how SFxT used SF4.
Thus why they were able to get so many SF4 character's in there while mainly working on the Tekken side. Though I think that might have been part of the reason the balancing was botched.
Too much time on adding characters to make an impressive roster over testing.

I'll be playing it on vinyl, for that superior, warm look.

What?

I already like you.

I've heard tales of how the 900p resolution is a meta commentary to life itself lately. Not living to its full potential because of life obstacles and the unexpected. its very deep.

It's true, if you were to go to the snow mountain that Lara went to you would see how impaired you vision becomes, similar to a 900p resolution (the One™ outputs to FULL HD 1080p tho) the snow coming down on your eyes is very much like the pixels you see at 900p, such an amazing detail that is completely lost on the pc port.

We understand you pain, Spencer. No one could have thought back than that you would only get one month of exclusivity. Don't listen to that voice in head! You are still a great entrepreneur! I mean, at least you are not Don Mattrick.

If only Spencer-san would notice my dedication to The Xbox One™ All-In-One Entertainment System!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom