• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Way too sterile and dead looking, it doesn't have the feel of the Xbox One™ version, that version had soul and a certain vibe to it, the resolution and framerate were shaky just like Lara's internal conflict and fear, this version is just soulless and those screens probably require at least a $3,000 Radeon Titan graphics chip to run and match the One's™ looks and performance.

Is this a joke? :D lmao

Uzzy

Well it's not like individually England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland have much representation in fighting games. We should all stick together and not try to kick each others teeth in. I mean how many Scottish fighting game characters are there? All I can think of is that kilt lifting fireball throwing stereotype from that awful Jaguar game Kasumi Ninja and I think calling that a fighting game is taking liberties.

Morrigan from Darkstalkers is born in Scotland. Which makes perfect sense really.

Dr Dogg

SFxT with Steamworks features and couch coop to online support (you know like the PS3 had but 360 and PC didn't for 'reasons' despite other titles on those platforms handling it just fine) would be nice but I think that ship has long since sailed. Still I picked it up during the Seal for about £9 with all the DLC ghump offered on PC (which is less than I've got on PS3) and it's still a blast. Some of the mods are just as crazy as you get with SFIV as well.

brau

It's true, if you were to go to the snow mountain that Lara went to you would see how impaired you vision becomes, similar to a 900p resolution (the One™ outputs to FULL HD 1080p tho) the snow coming down on your eyes is very much like the pixels you see at 900p, such an amazing detail that is completely lost on the pc port.

If only Spencer-san would notice my dedication to The Xbox One™ All-In-One Entertainment System!!!

You just brought tears of happiness to me this morning. haha.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
tumblr_o180nt7tko1qkq7tbo1_1280.png

PC just can't beat THE BONE.

MUnited83

For you.
Hell even a "Enhanced" SFxT would be interesting to see. Rerelease of the original but with everything included and big changes to the gameplay. I'd be interested in that for a budget price. Though at this point, I guess for the series to get back on track they would have to do SFxT2 to interest the masses.

They should go back in time and have the launch version being the patched up version. The game was awesome after the patches.

ooh that game from the VGAs is out, Oxenfree. I didn't know that was coming out so soon, thought it would be like 2017 or something. It looks really neat, I wanna get it.

brau

ooh that game from the VGAs is out, Oxenfree. I didn't know that was coming out so soon, thought it would be like 2017 or something. It looks really neat, I wanna get it.

I spent sometime with the game. For some reason the game brought the worst out of me and i was an asshole to everyone. I need to restart it and be nice. That never happens in games lol. Except GTAO. im just a troll in that game.

pahamrick

I spent sometime with the game. For some reason the game brought the worst out of me and i was an asshole to everyone. I need to restart it and be nice. That never happens in games lol. Except GTAO. im just a troll in that game.

You? Mean? I refuse to believe it.

FloatOn

The only good thing about the tomb raider reboot was the bow and arrow

that game had one of the worst video game stories I've ever experienced.

so hopefully they fix that in the sequel

Saty

Weird, Homeworld at #10 best selling on the main page list but if you click to to go the full list it's #5. Already started slipping and another no-name Early Access Building game soars to the top.

Teggy

I'll definitely need to double dip on Tomb Raider, but I got the season pass so I'll wait until Summer or something. Oh well.

does it have branching endings or something or is it another one of those "your choices matter until the very end where its only A and B"? I thought the game would just have 1 ending, saw GT's review and they didn't mention anything about choices mattering

brau

does it have branching endings or something or is it another one of those "your choices matter until the very end where its only A and B"? I thought the game would just have 1 ending, saw GT's review and they didn't mention anything about choices mattering

I am not that far into the game to say with certainty.

The choices i made did affect immediately situations. Don't know if they do branch out.

Things that i did notice.
-game is certainly nice looking and its style is an interesting choice
-it has some ok VA from what i heard. Tho its easy to cut them off and not hear everything the yhave to say. They talk A LOT!
-i think in the first 20 mins i broke the game and that is when i stopped playing.

I'll get back to it.

Uzzy

It has branching endings.

I am not that far into the game to say with certainty.

The choices i made did affect immediately situations. Don't know if they do branch out.

Things that i did notice.
-game is certainly nice looking and its style is an interesting choice
-it has some ok VA from what i heard. Tho its easy to cut them off and not hear everything the yhave to say. They talk A LOT!
-i think in the first 20 mins i broke the game and that is when i stopped playing.

I'll get back to it.

oh ok. review mentioned that time is sort of fucked up in the game so I'm guessing the brother will make an appearance in it eventually. If it was $15 I'd buy it right now since I got that much sitting on my paypal atm, oh well though.
It has branching endings.

lame. Sometimes you just want a game with just one ending, this is one of those times. I'm still going to pick it up eventually though

Dr Dogg

Morrigan from Darkstalkers is born in Scotland. Which makes perfect sense really.

When you start to look at all of Capcom's IPs collecting dust, especially their fighting game ones makes you wonder why they haven't tried to resurrect Capcom Fighting All-Stars. The Marvel vs series dream is probably dead but if you take that formula and apply it to a cast of their own characters you could have a flipping awesome game right there. Saying that they're in a different place these days but hey I'd be down for a new Rival Schools that didn't run at about 15fps.

Dsyndrome

oh shit, that reminds me that I actually got to go back to school next week. Lame

actually nvm, I go back Feb 1.
How long of a break did you have? Damn.

Very disappointed by the MKX news, would refund if it wasn't a gift. Hope I exercise self-control and don't preorder anymore WB-published games. Why would they drop the ball so spectacularly?

rtcn63

Talking about waifus, people were right with regards to Jessica Jones.
It goes from lukewarm and predictable to absolute trainwreck from episode 10 onward. I've got two episodes left and it's... I would never recommend anyone watch this show. The last season of Homeland made more sense. And I wanted to like it because it seemed as if it'd be different.

How long of a break did you have? Damn.

Very disappointed by the MKX news, would refund if it wasn't a gift. Hope I exercise self-control and don't preorder anymore WB-published games. Why would they drop the ball so spectacularly?

From December 22nd to January 31st. School technically starts the 29th of this month (I have no clue why they decided to start on a friday, pretty dumb if you ask me) but I don't have class that day. All the good classes were taken while I was on academic probation so unfortunately I'll still be a part time student for another semester... which means I gotta pay 2k and in the long run delaying the time I finish school... The bright side is that I'm no longer in academic probation and I should be able to go back to being full time fall 2016 so thats something.

but to keep it on topic, Nividia Experience sometimes tells me I should increase the resolution of what my monitor is for games and downsample from there. How do I do that? I just always leave it at 1080p since I don't want a black box of things so wide that I can't see them on the screen.
Talking about waifus, people were right with regards to Jessica Jones.
It goes from lukewarm and predictable to absolute trainwreck from episode 10 onward. I've got two episodes left and it's... I would never recommend anyone watch this show. The last season of Homeland made more sense. And I wanted to like it because it seemed as if it'd be different.

its not a bad show but its not a good one either. i'd give it like a 6 or something.

Way too sterile and dead looking, it doesn't have the feel of the Xbox One™ version, that version had soul and a certain vibe to it, the resolution and framerate were shaky just like Lara's internal conflict and fear, this version is just soulless and those screens probably require at least a $3,000 Radeon Titan graphics chip to run and match the One's™ looks and performance.

LOL, I'm dead!

I highly recommend it.

xnz6p.jpg

As many issues I have with Fallout 4, it's still better than New Vegas.

GET OUT.

Lomax

I think it's easy to forget that for a day one release of a major game, 500k sales really isn't that much. It's one thing for a late port that had minimal expense and expectation, but it's clear that WB doesn't think the MKX pc player base is big enough to care about. Honestly the quality of the day one version stuff we're seeing recently (not to mention the prices) makes me prefer getting stuff late and complete.

Ludens

Banned
I think it's easy to forget that for a day one release of a major game, 500k sales really isn't that much. It's one thing for a late port that had minimal expense and expectation, but it's clear that WB doesn't think the MKX pc player base is big enough to care about. Honestly the quality of the day one version stuff we're seeing recently (not to mention the prices) makes me prefer getting stuff late and complete.

Well, I think the fact MKX sold poorly was even because the game was a mess on release, almost comparable with Arkham Knight, so even people who want purchase it, just skipped to see if WB would fix the game.

rtcn63

its not a bad show but its not a good one either. i'd give it like a 6 or something.

You know what I realized Jessica Jones is?
It's Max Payne 3. Max does nothing but act like a fool, making stupid choices, and people around him just keep dying. There's like no point.

pahamrick

Well, I think the fact MKX sold poorly was even because the game was a mess on release, almost comparable with Arkham Knight, so even people who want purchase it, just skipped to see if WB would fix the game.

It's still not even completely fixed. The story cutscenes are still screwed up and way too dark.

Uzzy

Given the terrible state of the PC port at launch, and the resultant shrinkage of the MK community on the PC, it kinda makes sense. At least from a financial perspective. They really, really fucked up with the port, basically killed the game dead on PC right from the start.

Between this and the Arkham Knight debacle, it's looking like WB can't be trusted with PC ports. Shame.

When you start to look at all of Capcom's IPs collecting dust, especially their fighting game ones makes you wonder why they haven't tried to resurrect Capcom Fighting All-Stars. The Marvel vs series dream is probably dead but if you take that formula and apply it to a cast of their own characters you could have a flipping awesome game right there. Saying that they're in a different place these days but hey I'd be down for a new Rival Schools that didn't run at about 15fps.

Yeah, I'd be down for that. There's so many great characters left in the Capcom locker that'd be good to see again in a fighting game. Don't know if Capcom would have the resources to make a second major fighting game though.

lame. Sometimes you just want a game with just one ending, this is one of those times. I'm still going to pick it up eventually though

Eh, fair enough. I thought it was fine though.

Lomax

I skipped it due to the price, but the various problems I've heard even made me balk when it got down to $20 pretty quickly. Now I'll just wait until it's like $5. I happily paid $22.50 for MK9 when it came out but was a bit annoyed when it was 75% off within two months.

Personally I'd think this thread in general would be boycotting WB games because we know they are at least partially responsible for killing Russian trading.

Jawmuncher

I've always wanted this more than anything when it comes to their fighting games. I buy MVC for the Capcom side, so a game with nothing but Capcom characters would be great. Unless Dino Crisis is snubbed again.

Yeah, I'd be down for that. There's so many great characters left in the Capcom locker that'd be good to see again in a fighting game. Don't know if Capcom would have the resources to make a second major fighting game though.

Depends. SFV is done now and if it isn't already gold, should be ver very soon. DLC wouldn't need the entire team onboard. So I think so long as they're reusing some of the work from SFV and UE3, they could probably start work on another fighting game. Though the roster would probably at best be bigger than SFV but smaller than UMVC3, so I'd guess like 20-22. Just because a fighter with a bunch of different series would need more variety. No one wants 18 characters with 4 of them being Street Fighter and another 4 Resident Evil. Regardless a smaller roster SHOULD mean series reps are limited to 2 (not counting DLC).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm kinda sad to hear that MKX isn't continuing on for PC. I bought the game on PS4 mostly due to a promotion where it was essentially free but also because the PC version was pretty bad. I was really hoping we would see the "complete" edition re-release on PC with all of the DLC, and was more or less planning to buy it then if that were to happen.

But I think everyone else is right, WB can't be trusted with PC ports. A shame, really.

I've always wanted this more than anything when it comes to their fighting games. I buy MVC for the Capcom side, so a game with nothing but Capcom characters would be great. Unless Dino Crisis is snubbed again.

Snake for MVC4

lol. Destiny does this to me lately. They tell me they appreciate me and give me "free" stuff.

It'll only cost you YOUR SOUL.

I'm kinda sad to hear that MKX isn't continuing on for PC. I bought the game on PS4 mostly due to a promotion where it was essentially free but also because the PC version was pretty bad. I was really hoping we would see the "complete" edition re-release on PC with all of the DLC, and was more or less planning to buy it then if that were to happen.

But I think everyone else is right, WB can't be trusted with PC ports. A shame, really.

I just wanted the Alien and Cosplay Cassie Cage. =(

Jawmuncher

Snake for MVC4

Yeah after renting MKX for the story, I planned on getting the complete collection later on. Since I really wanted to mess with Predator and Xenomorph. Looks like I'll pass on that now. I'd be down for Snake in that. Don't think it would even be a stretch. Weirder things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom