• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I'm counted there from the humble bundle. Only Capcom game I've bought from the steam store is Ducktales in the winter sale.

Still the Humble Bundle had it at the highest tier for $15 dollars, MKX has been on sale a lot as well especially on bundlestars. So I don't think the numbers are hurt all that much. Compared to say anything in the $1 tier.

Giving the term microtransaction a whole new meaning.

Wanna buy me a Copy of SFV?

Nice thread btw!

Lol, breh it's the PC version of GTA Online, you could fart and it would blow past a half dozen hackers who drop money on your head. I went AFK last night and came back to $12 million dollars in cash, it's unavoidable anymore. I haven't spent a cent on shark cards either.

dex3108

It's about $1,500 a day for me with the yacht, not terrible but still kind of lame. I kind of want to see what happens if I run out of money, would they repo my yacht and cars or what?

I don't know but i stopped playing GTA Online soon after release. It is bottomless pit and cheatfest in one.

Eila

Still the Humble Bundle had it at the highest tier for $15 dollars, MKX has been on sale a lot as well especially on bundlestars. So I don't think the numbers are hurt all that much. Compared to say anything in the $1 tier.

Well that's true, but it was a fantastic bundle.
Humble Capcom Bundle 2 when?

Lomax

MKX had at least 400k owners on Steam prior to the winter sale, and at that point its lowest price on Steam had been $36 (yeah, I know bundlestars had deals, but we also know sites like that are a trivial amount of sales compared to steam direct). That's actually faster than MX9 sold and for much more per sale, and supposedly they were really happy with those numbers (obviously happy enough to do a day one PC version this time). But, we also know that MKX on console was the single best selling game for the first half of this year, and apparently has total sales above 5 million, which means PC is less than 10% of that. Still, you'd think a minimal effort conversion of those characters and a repackage for the XL version would be worth the trouble and improve the long tail on PC. Maybe there are licensing issues with those characters on PC.

URg1rjO.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427920/

Grief.exe

MKX had at least 400k owners on Steam prior to the winter sale, and at that point its lowest price on Steam had been $36 (yeah, I know bundlestars had deals, but we also know sites like that are a trivial amount of sales compared to steam direct). That's actually faster than MX9 sold and for much more per sale, and supposedly they were really happy with those numbers (obviously happy enough to do a day one PC version this time). But, we also know that MKX on console was the single best selling game for the first half of this year, and apparently has total sales above 5 million, which means PC is less than 10% of that. Still, you'd think a minimal effort conversion of those characters and a repackage for the XL version would be worth the trouble and improve the long tail on PC. Maybe there are licensing issues with those characters on PC.

That's fairly impressive considering the higher margin per unit and the negative word of mouth surrounding the port.

Endruen

Somebody already made that game, it's called GalGun. Though that does have shooting, so I'll admit it is slightly different.

Gal Gun is a rail shooter, with the player walking through the school - As girl after girl runs towards the player trying to profess their love via hand-written notes or screams. Armed with "pheromone shots", the player keeps the girls at bay by shooting them - making them drop to the floor in dizzy ecstasy - while trying to cultivate a romance with one of the four main female leads.

The shooting is broken up by "action events" similar to that of a boss battle, as well as a doki doki mode ("heart pounding" in English) where the player has the option to zoom in and stare at one particular girl he fancied.

The developer also added a panic button that switches the action for a retro-looking game, with authentic animations and sounds. This is referred to as a Mama kita gamen or "Mom arrived screen".
I lol'd so hard to that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
KrtdLef.png

This is a reminder that there are only 25 hours left to vote in the 3rd annual SteamGAF GOTY awards.
t1453420800z4.png

I currently have votes for 125 users:
Dsyndrome, The Dear Leader, Henry Swanson, Dio Brando, Stallion Free, Corpekata, Monooboe, ricochetguro, Lain, Kurt Russell, Raxanas, Jawmuncher, AHA-Lambda, dirtywhirlwind, Baron von Loathsome, pahamrick, Tektonic, Turfster, Anteater, spindoctor, texhnolyze, Uraizen, tuxfool, Smash88, TetraxShards, MMBosstones86, Sch1sm, Shantom, Khronico, Stumpokapow, jshackles, Locust, SilentMatthew, Vlad, septicore, Nete, Stronghammer22, yuraya, KingKong, Shadownet, Knurek, Se7enSword, Leafhopper, Iron Badger, Jadax, def ault, Wok, Copons, Maxwood, Messiah, Phinor, cyba89, Large Professor, The_Super_Inframan, ussjtrunks, ctw0e, Haunted, Tizoc, shortsFortallPeople, Dragon1893, Hektor, Atraveller, Chairmanchuck, the_firewithin, fantomena, Rockin' Ranger, Man Puncher, Ludens, Backlogger, Ruruja, PandaPedinte, Black Soma, KenOD, neoemonk, Teggy, thesaucetastic, laserlaser, arbok26, Parsnip, BinaryPort2737, Shalashaska, Adry9, YianGaruga, Baron_Calamity, Gintoki, Amzin, QFNS, Chariot, Kyougar, AsfaeksBR, dot, garath, WinterDemons, zkylon, Kriken, The Red Wizard, Htown, Roboleon, Ozium, Oreoleo, Arthea, spinalscratch, NightmareTrigger, NingenJanai, Yakkue, milena87, Zeknurn, ScreamingTrees, Uzzy, CecilRousso, DillonMabry, electroflame, Widdly Scuds, bigzgod, Japle, TheLetdown, Nillansan, William Bonney, Durante, BernardoOne, fernandes, vermadas, Lomax, gurm3n, Nabs

My "post enough to bug people filter" has been turned off. The time to vote is now. Winners will be revealed tomorrow evening, 3 hours after voting closes (7PM PST). Thanks everyone!

Hello jshackles.

I didn't play any 2015 games worth voting for so I will not be participating in the vote, but I wanted to thank you for the work you are putting into it. And also for the other things you do here at this site and with Steam. Thank you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you have to pick 5 games? I don't think I played 5 games that came out this year.

You don't have to choose 5 games. Any number up to 5 is fine.

Hello jshackles.

I didn't play any 2015 games worth voting for so I will not be participating in the vote, but I wanted to thank you for the work you are putting into it. And also for the other things you do here at this site and with Steam. Thank you.

You're quite welcome, it's my pleasure. This is a great group that I'm proud to be a part of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom