• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not 100% sure, but they could be doing "Tuesday maintenance" today since Monday was a holiday here in the US.

Vamphuntr

Anyone preordered The Division at GMG? I'm wondering if you get the beta? On their forum people are talking about emailing support. It's no deal breaker as you can find beta keys for a dollar.

Bought a steam link and I'm pretty surprised by the streaming quality. Bummer the Xbox One wireless adapter isn't supported though, hopefully when they open it up to Windows 8 support soon they can work it out.

Anyone preordered The Division at GMG? I'm wondering if you get the beta? On their forum people are talking about emailing support. It's no deal breaker as you can find beta keys for a dollar.

if you're in the US you can just make an order for a physical version of the game on Amazon...get the Beta key and redeem it...then cancel the order with nothing charged

pretty sure there's gonna be more keys floating around the next few days so getting in shouldn't really be any trouble and you certainly shouldn't have to pay to get one

give me death!

Uplay will remember this

Flandy

Is it possible to get Windows 10 by using the the product key of a Windows 7 laptop I never use anymore? If I can would I have to install windows 7 and then upgrade to 10 or would I just enter the key while installing Windows 10?

I always thought Counterstrike was a free to play game, but I guess it's not.

Also: Any hope for a near-ish Steam sale? I'd like to buy Torchlight II, but want to wait for the price to go down because I can't buy $25 gift cards -- only $20 and $50.

Vazduh

Is it possible to get Windows 10 by using the the product key of a Windows 7 laptop I never use anymore? If I can would I have to install windows 7 and then upgrade to 10 or would I just enter the key while installing Windows 10?

You have to upgrade first to win 10 before you can clean install 10 with that key.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any hope for a near-ish Steam sale? I'd like to buy Torchlight II, but want to wait for the price to go down because I can't buy $25 gift cards -- only $20 and $50.

The next scheduled "Steam Sale" is the summer sale that usually happens in July. However, you might have luck finding someone with a copy of Torchlight II in the B/S/T thread for cheap, as it's been in several bundles.

KrtdLef.png

This is a reminder that there are only 25 hours left to vote in the 3rd annual SteamGAF GOTY awards.
t1453420800z4.png

I currently have votes for 125 users:

My "post enough to bug people filter" has been turned off. The time to vote is now. Winners will be revealed tomorrow evening, 3 hours after voting closes (7PM PST). Thanks everyone!

Are we getting a thread once the results are announced?

jshackles

Are we getting a thread once the results are announced?

Yes I figured I'll do like last year - I'll be revealing the winners one at a time counting down from #10, starting at 7PM PST which will probably go for about an hour as I'll be giving everyone about 5 minutes between reveals to discuss. After the #1 spot is revealed, I'll be posting a thread on gaming side for further discussion.

Endruen

I think you can using this. I haven't tried, though.
Basically, you download it in a USB/DVD and then clean install it in the new PC. It will ask for a key and you can use the Win 7 one.

r3n4ud

Wow, what a game! I haven't played much as of yet, but shit, if you like shmups and crazy powerups try this one out folks. It has that 'just one more turn' addictiveness as well. Great stuff.

Working overtime is sucking away all my time and energy, yesterday I still managed to check out RE0 but today I don't even have the energy to play the 3DS in bed, which usually is my plan B when I'm tired.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/412540/discussions/0/451850849192761648/?tscn=1453299871

The Minotaur was in Groupees Mini Bundle 7, guy says he won't give keys to groupees because of problems, I ask what the problems are and he closes the topic and reiterates that ppl who want a key should email him

I dont understand these devs man

I would say he's being lazy, but his way takes significantly more effort. Maybe he's counting on people forgetting they got it in a bundle and eventually rebuying it. /shrug

Pepiope

Is Steam having issues? Many can't connect to their accounts and even their names aren't displayed in the friendlist.
I can't log-in on the website, the app, or anywhere else I try. It won't even tell me my log-in has failed, it just doesn't do anything.

Seems to the issue with a lot of people. Someone said it's affecting accounts that use Steam guard. Who knows if that's true.

Dr Dogg

I bought an Xbox One elite controller and it seems nice, most of my fun has been taking off the magnetized parts and putting them back on.

I take mine off and rotate them 90 degrees every time there's a lull on gameplay. Don't know if it's a subconscious thing trying to even out wear but they do reseat themselves with a satisfying 'click'.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you're a dev/pub who/that doesn't want to hand out keys for a previously-bundled game, the best approach is to just not broach the subject at all since engaging in the discussion simply prolongs it. Case in point: Legacy Games played the quiet game with Legends of Atlantis and League of Mermaids and I've not seen a single person ask about keys because nobody remembers Playinjector's Legacy Games bundle.

Has Valve fixed Gamepad emulation from the Steam controller on OSX? When it first launched it wasn't working and I had assumed it would by now, but I couldn't get Nidhogg to recognize my steam controller as an Xbox controller

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Me giving away something worth more than 99 cents.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Boy and His Blob #2 -- MB-3E21A091D0B2F14C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 16 entrants total.
A Boy and His Blob -- MB-9D56AE29334FA5D3 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 16 entrants total.

t1453348861z1.png
K2rPSl4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom