• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Me giving away something worth more than 99 cents.

K2rPSl4.gif

This is a lovely game. I beat the first area yesterday.

Ventara

Hey guys. I need some help here. My brother has had a Steam account for some time now, though he wants to add friends and have a nice profile now, so I added $10 to his account to enable it. His level went up to 1, but he still can't trade with me. Does his level need to be higher, or is there something else? Please help.

Jawmuncher

Hey guys. I need some help here. My brother has had a Steam account for some time now, though he wants to add friends and have a nice profile now, so I added $10 to his account to enable it. His level went up to 1, but he still can't trade with me. Does his level need to be higher, or is there something else? Please help.

Aren't brand new accounts restricted from trading for awhile? Oh you said some time now, hmmm maybe it's dependant on when it goes "active" based on steams criteria. So even though he had it for awhile, it didn't count towards the trade restriction until now. Also he'll need mobile authenticator probably as well.

emptyroom

Neo Member

When he goes to the community market it should list the reasons for a restriction and the expected date and time it will lift.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow man, very nice of you. Whoever wins, be sure to play since it's an awesome game.

I was like do I save it for FF9 or do I give away something to the community? It was an easy decision in the end since the community has been pretty nice to me when it comes to winning or receiving games from gaffers and it has been a long time since the last time I've given newer games. I hope those who win the game actually play it since the game is charming plus it has a damn hug button.
MwuuS.gif

maty

I wouldn't mind having a chance to win a boy and his blob, so here you go...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Read Only Memories -- MB-A1093095993EDE4D - Taken by eyeless. 4 entrants total.

t1453340341z1.png

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

X-Blades -- MB-5D13B335546A2D13 - Taken by Red Hood
X-Blades yo

tmarg

Actually... what is 'classic' nowadays?
I think it's much more recent than what I'm thinking of.

My guess would be a new 3d classic, since tomorrow is Nintendo press release day.

Edit: or even just a sale on the current ones, since they have a weekly sales thing going on.

r3n4ud

I was like do I save it for FF9 or do I give away something to the community? It was an easy decision in the end since the community has been pretty nice to me when it comes to winning or receiving games from gaffers and it has been a long time since the last time I've given newer games. I hope those who win the game actually play it since the game is charming plus it has a damn hug button.
MwuuS.gif
Good on ya Bayo, Monk would be proud!

Yes I figured I'll do like last year - I'll be revealing the winners one at a time counting down from #10, starting at 7PM PST which will probably go for about an hour as I'll be giving everyone about 5 minutes between reveals to discuss. After the #1 spot is revealed, I'll be posting a thread on gaming side for further discussion.

Excellent. I love the format, but I don't have time for that shit.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
January Update: IGA's Got A Brand New Background

Happy New Year! (I'd have wished you Happy New Year earlier, but I like to keep the teaser updates strictly business.) 2016 is a big year in the Bloodstained development cycle, and I'm looking forward to keeping you updated as each piece falls into place.

The first piece of the year, of course, is the shader we teased earlier this month. All the feedback you gave changed IGA's plans for the shaders—originally he was planning to show four, but your comments helped him narrow it down to two shaders: A refined version of Shader 1, and Shader 3, which you saw applied to Miriam in the teaser.

But they've come up with four variations anyway—a veritable shader Punnett square. What follows are Background 1/Character 1; Background 1/Character 3; Background 3/Character 1; and Background 3/Character 3.

Speaking of backgrounds—they also put together a new background for you. I think you'll like it.

Background 1 / Character 1

sfELXMi.png
5lTPC7s.png
rkuKDLi.png

Background 1 / Character 3

naRIQEi.png
cHYWiJk.png
Btujp9E.png

Background 3 / Character 1

mg5dTR6.png
N75Cgqb.png
PUQ3a9U.png

Background 3 / Character 3

hzvAbBh.png
Vpx22px.png
Pfdx797.png

Here's IGA's comments:

Greetings!

Last time, we turned to the backers for input on which shaders to use in the game. Based on that, we've gone back and put tons of time into making improvements. In particular, the background we revealed in the previous update was just arranged for our own experimentation; for this update we've put much more detail into it. This may make it easier for you to see which direction we're aiming for.

Of course, as we add more detail to the background the characters become more prone to blending into the background. Some of you have noticed the characters' proportions changing in the art and early screenshots—we're making adjustments as we build the game to maximize the contrast between character and background. We've made more changes for this update, and adjustments will likely continue as we get farther into development.

One you may notice is that Miriam has two long ribbons attached to her shoulders now. When we tested her original graphic, it was hard to pick her out against the background, because there wasn't much on her costume that moved or swayed. (The design of her left shoulder has changed, too, as some of you pointed out; this is the reason why.)

For this third shader, we've increased the contrast of the background and edited the lighting to polish the overall effect. The first shader also looks different against a more detailed background, so I think there's a different effect to that one, too. Which one do you guys like? To be honest, opinions are divided within our team!

We spent an enormous amount of time and effort on this third character shader to create an illustration effect. We tried to get closer to the requests of backers who hoped she would look more like the original design illustrations, and when I first saw this shader, I have to admit I was so impressed I actually gasped.

So we've compiled a few options of these background and character shaders put together and would like to see what you think. And, as I've pointed out in the latest Ask IGA, this will be our final request for art-direction feedback. I'd like to ask for any final thoughts you have now, so we can move forward and start putting things in motion.
- IGA

Once I saw these I understood why they hadn't gotten us the new shaders on schedule: They decided to make new screenshots from scratch, instead.

Too-high-res-for-Kickstarter versions of each image are available—just click on the one you want to see. And if you'd like to let the team know which of these configurations is your favorite, click through to our new survey.

This is a packed update, and anyway I don't want to skew the results by telling you which of these screenshots is my favorite—so we'll move on.

Ventara

Alright, it turns out he has to wait 30 days, which is bull, but whatever. Told him about other stuff like always wait for a sale and not to go crazy buying cards (once he's allowed) and whatnot.

Ozium

It's pretty weak, even if it does come to PC eventually. I don't really see the benefit of keeping new content off the platform that made you successful.

it actually seems really interesting because the kids will have different needs than adults and adds a whole new layer to the bleak reality the game is trying to show..

hell, there is DLC on the steam version that adds graffiti but more importantly all proceeds go to help children who are war refugees but the actual content depicting that isn't available on PC

:/

Maybe they should fix up your outfit.

Children don't die they get lost? Im not saying "oh man kids need to die" but it seems a odd way to handle it.

kids can't die, that would be TABOO

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Yosumin -- MB-524CD5CFF1265C3A - Taken by UnderWaterTree

I just beat the game, and with your hatred of that segment, I'll be very, very interested to see what you think of the endgame.

What a great, great game. I tucked it squarely at number 2 of the year earlier today when I voted, and after finishing the last hour or so (counting deaths and retries of areas...) I can safely say I made the right call.
Why? It doesn't get worse does it?

Giggity_Dude

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Giggity_Dude, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-18E3DED9FE56211F - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1453343521z1.png

I had this un-redeemed key sitting in my humble storage. Hope it's still good.

Jazz573

My votes

(5 Points) - Undertale
(4 Points) - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
(3 Points) - Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi
(2 Points) - eden*
(1 Point) - NEKOPARA Vol. 1

Trails SC would probably be #1 if I had actually finished it. :p

My votes

(5 Points) - Undertale
(4 Points) - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
(3 Points) - Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi