• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's pretty great! You'll download 20GB games in like a minute.

Oh my, look forward to it since steam likes to be extensive on internet with much slower times currently.

The fun thing is this Fiber is cheaper than the current internet bill as well, but that's because the current one is Comcast. Finally a new provider entered the ring of the city I live in.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I missed the Alienware stream and they were playing Vermintide.

1, did they give away keys? 2, how many keys did Se7enSword get?

edit: yaaaas, no Vermintide 'cause Steam was doooown!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
go to Account Details > View licenses and product key activations

I think he means games that released in 2015, not games he activated/purchased.

Edit:
Is there a fast way to find all the 2015 games in my library?

You can search the store for games, order by release date, skip ahead to January 1st (for me that's page 129, but game availability tends to differ between regions) and finally work your way backwards in page count. You'll undoubtedly see some old/er games that are listed among the actual 2015 releases because the dev/pub used the Steam release date rather than the original, but there's nothing you can do about that.

Dsyndrome

Still salty about Umbrella Corps. Maybe not as much as about Federation Force, but it's still up there. At least RE0 came out this week.

Jawmuncher

RE Outbreak rumor is real?

Well, I mean... It's a real rumor. If it's a real product? I REALLY want it to be, like you don't understand how much I want it to be true, but we'll see.
I believe.

Still salty about Umbrella Corps. Maybe not as much as about Federation Force, but it's still up there. At least RE0 came out this week.

I'm not too mad about it, probably gonna buy it so long as I get a discount. It's a smaller scale project so I doubt it's taking much resources from Capcom. Since they said they want their newer blood to do smaller projects. Hope they fix the characters skating around the maps though. By far the biggest issue I have with the game.

I think he means games that released in 2015, not games he activated/purchased.

Edit:

You can search the store for games, order by release date, skip ahead to January 1st (for me that's page 129, but game availability tends to differ between regions) and finally work your way backwards in page count. You'll undoubtedly see some old/er games that are listed among the actual 2015 releases because the dev/pub used the Steam release date rather than the original, but there's nothing you can do about that.

Yes, thanks. I ended up going through the store search with infinite scrolling and games I own highlighted. GOTY vote submitted.

I missed the Alienware stream and they were playing Vermintide.

1, did they give away keys? 2, how many keys did Se7enSword get?

edit: yaaaas, no Vermintide 'cause Steam was doooown!

lol

I haven't been active in AW since the last vault. Haven't participated in anything there this month. Their ATP rate has worsened for idling :(

Soulflarz

Banned
I still am sitting on my joke, please release the goty list quicker :V

lol

I haven't been active in AW since the last vault. Haven't participated in anything there this month. Their ATP rate has worsened for idling :(

I realized something

My time and hours of bordeom is much worse than a 10% chance of winning a $20 thing every week or so :V

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Of games I played this year I'd submit if it would actually qualify. :p

1. Undertale
2. Panzer Dragoon Saga
3. Bloodborne
4. D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
5. Life is Strange

3 out of 5 isn't so bad though.

zkylon

zkylewd
W3's a lock for #1, I just want PoE in the top 8; top 5 is a lost cause honestly.
yea, i think that while it's an universally praised game, it was also kind of lukewarm, probably because niche genre + familiar style doesn't really make that big of a splash

but hey

undertale
pillars
tales from the boredlands
her story
witcha 3
life is strange
squarecells
cibele

that's a damn good year for me

My PC refuses to load JaseC's game list

RIP
yea i've tried to gift ppl a couple times already and getting to their wishlists is a grueling experience thanks to the terrible games list freezing up my browser

they're not even saoirse level, more like me at 500ish

Playing RE0
Gets in room of like 6 zombies
Garbage Dual Shock 4 dies because I'm using my Steam Link so no keyboard
Gets killed

Thanks a lot for the shitty battery Sony.

zkylon

zkylewd
best 2015 release tho

pG2k41g.gif

Vlad

Oh, fuck! I just realized I totally should've put Infinifactory on there. I only started playing in the last couple weeks, so I didn't think to add it when I made the list of all the 2015 releases I played. Damn it... :(

If it makes you feel any better, it was my #1, no contest. I wasn't super thrilled with it at first, since it has a much gentler learning curve than SpaceChem, but the puzzles get nice and tricky later on.

Oh man, I could lose a LOT of time to this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
luckily you can refuse gifts!

Stop trying to send me hunie pop people I don't want it.

That's why you send it as a Steam key and don't tell the person what it is. Nobody can resist a good mystery.

MbmDY6z.png

some of you just don't want witcher 3 for the sake of being different. Witcher 3 for steamgaf GOTY (I didn't vote because in all honesty I really don't care one way or another)

luckily you can refuse gifts!

Stop trying to send me hunie pop people I don't want it.

i didn't finish it but the puzzles are actually pretty fun, they're really hard.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
some of you just don't want witcher 3 for the sake of being different. Witcher 3 for steamgaf GOTY (I didn't vote because in all honesty I really don't care one way or another)

(Except that it seems like you do)

(...and time is running out)

zkylon

zkylewd
no matter what bio infinite and witcha are both cool games

but yea they don't have this

pG2k41g.gif

(last time i post this gif
in a while
i promise)

Dsyndrome

i didn't finish it but the puzzles are actually pretty fun, they're really hard.

You should sell your votes to the highest bidder. Unethical yes, but would it be allowed?

Uzzy

The only thing worse than Witcher 3 not winning GOTY would be Fallout 4 placing in the top 10. Thankfully I have faith in SteamGAF to have better taste than that.

Right? RIGHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom