• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

it's so weird
2013: 39.99
2014 game 1: 9.99
2014 game 2: 4.99
2015: 19.99

good pricing structure yes good

It's almost like they don't understand sale pricing. They didn't put the game on sale during the winter sale, but they had recently lowered the price to $10. Now they've lowered it again to $5. The funny thing is, if it was 75% off making it $5 I'd almost certainly buy it, but seeing the base price drop makes me wonder if maybe there will be a sale at some point making it even cheaper.

Uzzy

Who do we send our votes for Best Girl 2015? Here's my list.

5. Kiera Metz, 4. Catherine Chun, 3. Ciri, 2. Chloe Price, 1. Major Motoko Kusanagi.

Wesker using Billy's dialogues can be an hilarious thing at times.

xc7rhdk.jpg

Khronico

Who do we send our votes for Best Girl 2015? Here's my list.

5. Kiera Metz, 4. Catherine Chun, 3. Ciri, 2. Chloe Price, 1. Major Motoko Kusanagi.

1. Estelle
2. Ciri
3. Yennifer
4. Triss
5. Curie

SEVERAL LAYERS OF GARBAGE
9182344181. Chloe Price

Ludens

Banned
MGSV got a 95 mb update. EDIT: It seems is MGO related, push to talk.

I'd like another good Resident Evil before another mediocre one, myself.

Veronica is VERY good (and I played the original version on DC, so no difficulty selection), also a VERY hard RE (not like RE Rebirth).
I loved each moment of it, but I never played Code Veronica X.
Also when I played the game the first time, I knew english just a little, and there were no subtitles in the DC version (not even in english), so I think I lost something plot related.

The fact Code Veronica is available on PSN and Capcom didn't port it on PC with RE4 is strange.

While waiting for a late class today, I talked with a coworker/student who got a PS4 and Fallout 4 for Christmas. He's beaten the game and took the Jawmuncher approach, skipping all the non-main content. He loved the game, but thought it was a little bland with customization.

Turns out he never got any of the perk and just funneled all his level points into SPECIAL. Was wondering why the fuck he couldn't ever use workbenches, cooking stations, etc. I told him what was up and he had a legit epiphany/whole new world moment.

I can only wonder what Bethesda would take away from that kind of feedback. They already removed skills and pretty much any sort of character customization from the game (outside of cosmetic looks).

I guess they'd just remove skills/perks and everything else from Elder Scrolls 6 and have your character automatically level up as you play along.

On a completely unrelated note, Amazon customer support used to be the gold standard but it has deteriorated significantly in the last couple of years. Last night I tried talking to 3 different people to get them to apply the 20% Prime discount on my pre-orders and none of them could do it. Don't even know what is going on there nowadays.

MGSV got a 95 mb update.

Veronica is VERY good (and I played the original version on DC, so no difficulty selection), also a VERY hard RE (not like RE Rebirth).
I loved each moment of it, but I never played Code Veronica X.
Also when I played the game the first time, I knew english just a little, and there were no subtitles in the DC version (not even in english), so I think I lost something plot related.

The fact Code Veronica is available on PSN and Capcom didn't port it on PC with RE4 is strange.

Not really, they'll probably make a remaster eventually like they've done with RE and RE0.
Believe

Ludens

Banned
Not really, they'll probably make a remaster eventually like they've done with RE and RE0.
Believe

Eh, but Veronica is already remastred, like RE4 was (the new version is on PSN).
In fact I thought Capcom would port it when they ported RE4 on PC, since they released on PSN in the same window, pretty much.

Also, I was thinking...I do not care about VR stuff, as I wrote multiple times, but Capcom should really consider to port Umbrella Chronicles on PC/PS4 with Loculus/Morpheus support, so I can play it without this device killing zombies with the mouse.

It would make sense, I watched a couple of videos and the game is very similar to the Until Dawn DLC Supermassive is doing, so it should make sense.

Dr Dogg

I think I'm more surprised they've made 13 RotTK games at this point than KT dumping anything on Steam. Which is quite funny as it's usually been KT's more supported PC efforts over the years so will probably be head and shoulders over most of their other stuff on Steam. Trying to think what the last one in English was.

Dr Dogg

It's quite funny that X2 is still up on the store but XX AC R which came out about 8 years later got yanked for whatever reason. Though the former is published by KISS while the later was Arc Sys themselves. Didn't they say Xrd was only the beginning? *chuckle*

I think I'm more surprised they've made 13 RotTK games at this point than KT dumping anything on Steam. Which is quite funny as it's usually been KT's more supported PC efforts over the years so will probably be head and shoulders over most of their other stuff on Steam. Trying to think what the last one in English was.
KT has been making PC ports and releasing them in Taiwan for over a decade now, honestly the only thing I've felt improved is the steamworks integration.

Dr Dogg

Here you go +1ers (GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE CORE PLUS R)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/guiltygear_xx_accentcore_plus_r_storefront

50% off too!

KT has been making PC ports and releasing them in Taiwan for over a decade now, honestly the only thing I've felt improved is the steamworks integration.

Oh for sure, their older franchises that were home computer based have always had good PC support for ages. Even Dynasty Warriors back in the PS2 era had some proper love. It's just their new ventures which are treated like the kid last picked at PE.

Tizoc

Koei Tecmo reaches a new low, why losing time into translating the game in english?
We need to make money quickly!
Non english romance of the 3 kingdom games have been sold outside of steam for years now
This also is not the first non english game made availble in english speaking countries/regions on steam

Happy 2016, you brigands.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SUITS THE RPG (not the tv show starring some guy that will never get movie work) -- MB-9667ECEF81A80C3C - Taken by redlacs

Ludens

Banned
Started construction on FOB3.

Four total bases all bought with free MB's and not a penny of real money spent.

Impossible. I logged every day and even did all events gaining max MB coins from them, how can you gain almost 4000 MB coins?
I had around 2800 by logging from day one, even if I missed, let's say, 300 MB coins, they are not enough to build 3 Fobs.

Dr Dogg

Considering Windows 10 only makes up a third of Steam users if the hardware survey is to believed, pulling your game because there are comparability issues is really not a very good 'solution'. Since OS revisions began there has always been the posibility of incomparability with software but like new titles that state they don't work with older OSes as long as your clearly state said title is not compatible or supported for Windows 10/hypothetical future OS the onus is then on the customer to inform themselves and if displayed correctly they would only have themselves to blame. Fallout 3's page is a good example and that way you can still sell your title to the other users who would be able to run it without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom