• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

SteamGAF goty votes sent. There were a couple games I wish I could've played, but oh well.

btw I visited Dontnod in Paris today for the boxed release of LiS. I got the OST on vinyl, which was pretty cool

Jelly here too. Would love to get Syd Matters and DONTNOD to sign my copy too.

Hektor

Are people forgetting that GTA V released on Steam this past year?

GTA is always weird for me, i get myself hyped up because videos of it look so good and fun, but once i actually play it myself i don't enjoy it nearly as much and always leave disappointed, Sometimes only a bit like with GTAV and sometimes very heavily like with GTAIV, but disappointed nonetheless.

Annubis

KrtdLef.png

There are now only 8 hours left to vote in the 3rd annual SteamGAF GOTY awards.
t1453420800z4.png

Awww heck, sent my vote.
I feel like a scam voting since I play every big game a year later so I have no idea about them Souls or Witchers or Fallouts
I haven't even touched half of the game I bought in 2015 yet...

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Thought about placing it 5th, but I like witcher more...

it wasn't easy anyway to pick five game from 2015, most of what I played last year was older or in EA and didn't count... and then there are of course all the games I planned on playing but didn't... the Steam GAF curse

Grief.exe

btw I visited Dontnod in Paris today for the boxed release of LiS. I got the OST on vinyl, which was pretty cool

Post some pics!

Gets overshadowed by more interesting releases.
I have the feeling everybody forgot about Kerbal :p

I got you fam

I did it

(5 Points) - Kerbal Space Program
(4 Points) - Cities: Skylines
(3 Points) - The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
(2 Points) - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
(1 Point) - Resident Evil HD

My list -
(5 Points) - Downwell
(4 Points) - OlliOlli 2
(3 Points) - Resident Evil HD Remaster
(2 Points) - Contradiction
(1 Point) - Her Story

Downwell was such an amazing experience. It was really strange to me thinking about my Top 5 because I couldn't believe that a small game you play in tiny chunks would beat juggernauts like MGSV this year and then pretty much everything knocked it out of the list.

OlliOlli 2 is a sequel to one of the best skateboarding games ever and they managed to absolutely surpass it. The addition of reverts and manuals make the skating incredibly fluid and a lot more challenging. This is also all I have until the return of Skate.

Resident Evil is an easy one. It's one of the best games ever made and the only reason it's not higher is because it's a remaster so I think Downwell and OlliOlli deserve more love. REmaster is fantastic and besides some rough looking backgrounds it has made the jump to PC very well.

Contradiction is....something special. Originally saw it on Giant Bomb, bought it and after playing it I realised that FMV games could still work in 2015 and work better than they ever have. The acting is all the perfect amount of ham and the gameplay is mostly fun and engaging. Only issue being that occasionally it runs into the adventure game problem of just using everything on everything until you get it right.

Her Story is carried entirely by it's main character, played by Viva Seifert. It tells a super interesting story and keeps you going at the perfect pace. Being able to work out the correct order of events in your head is extremely satisfying. No game is like Her Story, it is the most unique experience I had with games in 2015.

Honourable Mention: MGSV. Game was fantastic and definitely my number 6 Steam game but it just misses out because Chapter 2 is actual garbage and the game's pacing is all over the place half way through the game. Still one of the best playing games of the year though.

Tizoc

Looks like the announcement are Power Drift and Puyo Puyo 2 getting localized for 3DS.
I am mad hype for that ish if true.
PUYO PUYO 2 BITCHES
PUYO
FUCKING
PUYO

#PUYO2forEV016
LET'S FUCKING GO

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for derExperte:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vampire Of The Sands -- MB-D0967549BDA4F58F - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Manyland -- MB-6A053F6DE6567BC9 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.

t1451490748z1.png

Tizoc

If so, welp...

Brah
don't be hatin' on dat 3DS
but in particular
do not
disrespect
The Puyo Puyo 2
This game makes EVO moment #37 look like an infant putting 2 lego bricks together successfully
Puyo Puyo 2 is the game that would be played to save mankind from Armageddon.
I shit you not
It is that hardcore
Does this look like a motherfucking game to you?
Puyo_Puyo_2_-_1994_-_Compile.jpg

maty

My votes

1) Rocket League
2) Ori and the Blind Forest
3) Titan Souls

I didn't play/finished many games released in 2015, in fact I think I only played 5 games from last year. But I decided only to include 3 games which I felt had the best design.

Wish I had played a little bit more of Axiom Verge to be able to include it in my list.

Arthea

It isn't even showing up on anyones top 5 and that's a crime. The game was pretty impressive on pc, I couldn't believe how well it runs for a game that big.

you are wrong about one thing, it was on several lists posted earlier, not today, but not at 5 point spot as far as I can remember, I could forget or miss some lists where it was goty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom