• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just had two beers look how drunk I am!
I'm in my mid-to-late twenties look how old I am!

Said with matching tone and cadence.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Post some pics!

Ok, posted some in the LiS thread

13sgnap.jpg

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
EA abandons Unravel trademark application after USPTO rejects it

I'm really looking forward to playing Unravel, the yarn-based puzzle-platformer being developed by Coldwood Interactive and EA. But I may never get to play it—at least not by that name. As noticed by NeoGAF's all-seeing eye, the US Patent and Trademark Office has refused to register EA's Unravel trademark application, and the filing now stands abandoned.

The application was filed on March 16, and refused on June 22, “because of a likelihood of confusion with the mark in U.S. Registration No. 4227793,” for a children's tabletop game called Beary's Unravel Game. “When comparing marks, the test is not whether the marks can be distinguished in a side-by-side comparison, but rather whether the marks are sufficiently similar in terms of their overall commercial impression that confusion as to the source of the goods and/or services offered under the respective marks is likely to result,” the refusal document explains.

Because these products have the same name and are both games “likely to travel through the same channels of trade to the same classes of purchasers,” the trademark application was refused. However, “applicant may respond to the refusal to register by submitting evidence and arguments in support of registration,” the document concludes.

But EA didn't do that, and so six months later the trademark application has been abandoned, “because the applicant failed to respond or filed a late response to an Office action.”

Not being a trademark lawyer, I can't say for certain what the implications for the game are. My guess is that we'll either see the title expanded, perhaps to something like, Unraveled: A Meditation on the Frailties of Existence in a Universe Fraught With Peril, or changed entirely, to Yarny, maybe, which is what I call it in my head anyway. Whatever's going to be done, it will presumably have to be done quickly: Unravel is scheduled to come out on February 9.

Tizoc

So I may have actually bought this if I had money.

Actually I get paid this week so maybe Sega will still luck out.

I'd only get Sonic LW if you intend to play it modded, so far there is
1- A mod to play as Metal Sonic who CAN use the Chaos Emeralds
2- A mod that removes the deadly six characters (boss fights too I think?)

I'd only get Sonic LW if you intend to play it modded, so far there is
1- A mod to play as Metal Sonic who CAN use the Chaos Emeralds
2- A mod that removes the deadly six characters (boss fights too I think?)
I don't know who the deadly six are (I didn't know you played as them?) and can I just use the emeralds without being shitty palette swap Sanic?

It'd only be $8 after trading cards.

Edit: also I might be down for a RL 4 pack but I don't get paid for a few days.

Tizoc

I don't know who the deadly six are (I didn't know you played as them?) and can I just use the emeralds without being shitty palette swap Sanic?

It'd only be $8 after trading cards.

The deadly six are the game's early bosses.
And hey Sonic just goes Super Saiyan with those 7 dragonballs Chaos Emeralds :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Back in my day, I had to play video games with no analog sticks or triggers.... In 20ft of snow.

That day: January 20th, 2015 because there was a blizzard and I was playing games on my phone.

I'm practically Methuselah, a name you only know if you're, like, super old and junk.

Dragon's Dogma GIT! Came out to $21.90 after a 27% off birthday coupon from GMG, can't beat that. Excited to finally be able to play this game, I've wanted to since it was announced for PS3/360.

7d89MAF.png

JaseC, Did you manage to get hold of Wheelman?

PC Gamer UK magazine have a review of Wheelman in the budget section where they acknowledge that it's not being re-released or downloadable on Steam and the only way to get it is second hand. It's like they're trolling you, mate :)

Shadownet

Banned
The Endless Day thing. It's the same thing as last year right? So if you already unlocked the hero from last year, you don't have to do it again.

Salsa

lambda goin through a rollercoaster of emotions ever since I got XCOM 2 on nuuvem for him

it's gonna be fine

and if not, I got a great gift!

win win totes

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
KrtdLef.png

Just a little over 4 hours left until voting closes for this year's Steam GAF GOTY Awards.
t1453420800z4.png

I know you've all been putting it off til the last minute

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ah fuck im packin bags for vacation till monday and leavin in like an hour

witcher 3 rocket league flywrench yolo

send me a PM to make it official! You don't even need to pick 5.

jshackles

When will you unshackle the results?
unshackle got it?

7PM PST - 3 hours after voting ends
not three months

Useless according to who? We can play this game forever and not once reach a destination.

Do we really have to start qualifying everything we say here with IMO or can we accept that natural implication when reading or posting an opinion?

The problem isn't the opinion it self, it's the implication that people should think something else just because your own opinion is different.

header.jpg

I just finished Chroma Squad. Overall, I found it a fun tactical rpg, and I enjoyed the various aspects of the gameplay, such as the giant mech battles and the management of your TV studio. In the traditional T-RPG battles between your squad and monsters, it's really a nice idea that you have to worry about impressing the audience with cool moves and actions. On the negative side, I think there could have been a bit more map variety and the game could have used more strategic depth. Also the game is not for everybody, as you probably need to have grown up with the whole power rangers thing to fully appreciate the lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom