• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Tales from the Borderlands quickly became my fave Telltale game, one of the rare instances where a game drew me in despite having no real attachment to the franchise. Writing and voice acting for all the characters was spot on.

Parsnip

None of the games I voted for are on the list so far, haha.

I expect 4 of the 5 to be there. I'm guessing only me and Dr Dogg voted for AC Syndicate, so that can't possibly make it.
Oh wait actually 3 of the 5, Axiom Verge probably doesn't make it either.

They did a great job with the writing and original characters in the Borderlands universe. They managed to make it interesting and funny but with a slightly different sense of humor behind it.

A lot of people find the humor in the Borderlands games horrifying, I guess (I'm not one of them)...but I'd wager they'd still like Tales from the Borderlands.

Yup, I like the Borderlands games but the Telltale game made me like a character that I'd never expect to like in the main Blands series. Hopefully it sold well.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those of you just now joining us, here's a recap of what's been revealed so far:

y3sZih8.png

XwCgmln.png

7lKrNAe.png

e13aKTu.png

aj2250x.png

Ori soured me with their Definitive nonsense. Might as well skip it entirely if they'll make playing the full thing such a hassle.

Now, let's all collectively brace for the complete absence of "Batman was robbed" posts. Because otherwise we'll forget.
i get the feeling pillars won't break top 10

that'd be sad

but u know u ppl have shit taste

Obsidian is used to bad timing. It's practically their trademark at this point.

i get the feeling pillars won't break top 10

that'd be sad

says the league player :^)

Ori soured me with their Definitive nonsense. Might as well skip it entirely if they'll make playing the full thing such a hassle.

Now, let's all collectively brace for the complete absence of "Batman was robbed" posts. Because otherwise we'll forget.

lmao what the fuck is this
the definitive version isn't adding a ton of new content or "fixing" other things. the game is fucking amazing. awful excuse not to play it. do NOT skip it

i wish it was sold here in brazil. seems like an amazing controller.

Have a US person buy one and mail it to you?
I've still waiting for a game that lends itself to the Steam controller in such a way that I'm inclined to use it over my DS4 (when there is existing support for the DS4).

Nabs, you have failed me for the last time...

Don't expect the same quality from the Game of Thrones game. I loved Tales from the Borderlands but utterly hated GoT.

Game of Thones was alright if you're a fan of the books... at least, as a fan of the books, I thought it was solid (but not nearly as good as Tales from the Borderlands). Not sure how it would be for someone who's only familiar with the HBO show or not at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn. Yeah, it really is great. I do hope some of those bigger sites go back to it at some point and give it another shot.
The gyro is probably what interests me the most. i love its use on wii u.

Have a US person buy one and mail it to you?
I've still waiting for a game that lends itself to the Steam controller in such a way that I'm inclined to use it over my DS4 (when there is existing support for the DS4).
the dollar is absurdly high at the moment here in brazil, so that's not an option. i'm waiting to see how valve will price it, if they sell it here.

although i voted it higher(3rd),i expected this.

So... Fallout 4. Rocket League. Witcher 3. Life is Strange. In that order.
lmao what the fuck is this
the definitive version isn't adding a ton of new content or "fixing" other things. the game is fucking amazing. awful excuse not to play it. do NOT skip it
Then why are they not including the DE with purchases of the base game? Their priorities are backwards.

jshackles

MGSV scored higher than MGR did last year, and MGR got 4th place.

tQ1rWnV.png

SQS35lc.png

The race to #1 is heating up

no
the quicker rl comes the worse

This is only true if it somehow didn't make the list... thus never coming at all.
Otherwise, it only gets worse the longer it takes.

Would this be better or worse than Bioshock: Infinite scoring so highly

Uh... there were no problems (as far as I'm concerned) with Bioshock: Infinite scoring highly. Had I played it the year it was released, I think it probably would've been my #1.

better. infinite is one of, if not the worst modern AAA game ever made
everything about its game design is putrid

Normally I like you.
Normally...

Someone's got some big cajones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom