• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Wow, would have thought Undertale would be higher up the list for some reason. Still those are three pretty cool and varied games to start with.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think a lot of people are surprised by Undertale's placement here. Like Trails SC, it had a lot of people who ranked it #1, but those that didn't rank it #1 mostly ranked it #4 or #5.

Still pretty cool that it's in the top 10 because I know a lot of people are very fond of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
e13aKTu.png

Dsyndrome

I'm surprised Her Story's probably going higher than Contradiction, the latter's the superior (but ultimately less played) game IMO.

jshackles

I'm happy with Tales from the Borderlands making it in the running here. It was a great game.

Damn it, if LiS places higher...

This was my #1. :(

Sadly it will.

Might need to get a steam controller now. The Atari Vault is coming to steam with some original controller ideas for the steam controller as well as steam leaderboards

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/atari-vault-steam/

Hmmm, could be interesting, I guess.
I haven't played with my Steam Controller a lot since I got it... though I did use it for Year Walk and had some issues because of the community profile missing required functions.

I'm surprised Her Story's probably going higher than Contradiction, the latter's the superior (but ultimately less played) game IMO.

Which is extremely sad considering Contradiction was bundled. That was by far one of the best bundles of 2015 for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm surprised tales from the boredlands made it so far

it's the best game of its kind i'd say, so i would've put it higher, but at least it gets represented

undertale at 8 feels super low

Anno

I told myself I'd instantly buy anything I don't have that made the list, but it's already getting a bit expensive lol

jshackles

Ventara

Woooo, just bought Tales From Borderlands, Game of Thrones and Jurassic Park from someone for $3! They were Telltale keys, but for that price, that was a total steal. Steam can take it's 75% discounts and suck it!

Woooo, just bought Tales From Borderlands, Game of Thrones and Jurassic Park from someone for $3! They were Telltale keys, but for that price, that was a total steal. Steam can take it's 75% discounts and suck it!

Don't expect the same quality from the Game of Thrones game. I loved Tales from the Borderlands but utterly hated GoT.

Loved Tales from the Borderlands. There were some really good scenes in it.

They did a great job with the writing and original characters in the Borderlands universe. They managed to make it interesting and funny but with a slightly different sense of humor behind it.

A lot of people find the humor in the Borderlands games horrifying, I guess (I'm not one of them)...but I'd wager they'd still like Tales from the Borderlands.

They did a great job with the writing and original characters in the Borderlands universe. They managed to make it interesting and funny but with a slightly different sense of humor behind it.

A lot of people find the humor in the Borderlands games horrifying, I guess (I'm not one of them)...but I'd wager they'd still like Tales from the Borderlands.

tales from the borderlands had little involvement from anthony burch. the other games did.

coincidentally, tales has the best story bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom