• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmmm ...

Code:
41 | Age of Decedance (8 Points / 4 APS)
57 | The Age of Decadence (1 Points / 1 APS)

Fixed. That did actually bump it up to #39 instead of #41 and #57 respectively.

oipic

Fantastic work with the poll again, Mr Shackles - wonderful stuff, very nicely done. Thanks mate. :)

Some interesting tidbits in the voting results, with the APS scores for example (Trails 4.5, Her Story 2.14)... heaps to analyse there.

The other seven of you fine folks who voted for DiRT Rally have my utmost respect.

damn the giant guy with the fork and knife in D4 talks so damn slow, which isn't that bad for the most part since you can just skip it to show the full dialogue but sometimes you cant and when you cant its just annoying.

KingKong

Fixed. That did actually bump it up to #39 instead of #41 and #57 respectively.

4518170.jpg

Sch1sm

Huh. 4 of my 5 ended up in the top 10. Her Story is...surprisingly low there, by my standard, especially at its price point and such. Either you guys didn't play it, or you suck.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yandere Simulator is the latest game banned from Twitch

'Hitman but anime. Hitmanime' - Jonathan

The controversial stalking and murdering game Yandere Simulator has been banned from being streamed on Twitch, joining the likes of BMX XXX, Hatred, and Second Life.

This isn't all that surprising considering YouTube removed one of the game's videos with panty shots last year. I guess you'll just have to play it for free instead of watching someone else. Sometimes, life just isn't fair.

If you haven't been keeping up with this stealth title described as "Hitmanime" by Jonathan Holmes, it is "about stalking a boy and secretly eliminating any girl who seems interested in him, while maintaining the image of an innocent schoolgirl." Basically, how I like to picture Jonathan living his life, minus the whole murdering thing. He is not a murderer, as far as I know.

septicore

Pretty good list for the top 10 games voted for GOTY.

5 games I haven't played on the list and I own 2 of them, those 2 being Contradiction and The Witcher 3.

I plan to start Contradiction soon and as for Witcher 3, I haven't played any games in the series yet. The massive backlog of mine is hurting.

Vlad

Hey for what it's worth, I enjoyed reading your impressions on it and I plan on trying it out sometime - like TIS and SpaceChem (which is waiting in backlog) - but I fear the old grey matter's pain even before starting either of them, haha.

Yeah, you definitely have to be in a certain mindset to play any Zachtronics game, I've found. While I enjoy them, they take so much thought that I don't know if I'd consider them "relaxing".

That said, though, I think that Infinifactory is the gentlest of the three. There's just so much space to work with in almost every level that you don't have that cramped feeling that you get in SpaceChem.

I just picked up TIS yesterday, actually, and it's definitely more towards the SpaceChem side of the difficulty curve.

Jawmuncher

just finished the first ep in D4, does it get any better than this? cause honestly it was pretty boring.

why is second life banned? also is yandere sim really a game where u stalk and then murder ur victim? that sounds pretty neat, is it fun?

You can do all kinds of shit in second life. Google Ralph Bluetwan or something like that.

Messiah

just finished the first ep in D4, does it get any better than this? cause honestly it was pretty boring.

why is second life banned? also is yandere sim really a game where u stalk and then murder ur victim? that sounds pretty neat, is it fun?

Create an account, play for 5 minutes and report back how many penisses you saw in that time. You will know why it is banned then.

Jawmuncher

Life is Strange may well destroy us all, one thread at a time.

I'm sad there's no middle ground discussion in those threads. For most it's either the best thing ever or the worst. Like I don't hate the game, but it's flaws stand out to me. Can't really discuss that though with the craziness going on .

Lomax

I'm sad there's no middle ground discussion in those threads. For most it's either the best thing ever or the worst. Like I don't hate the game, but it's flaws stand out to me. Can't really discuss that though with the craziness going on .

That's pretty much true of every thread about everything really. I can rarely get through two pages of any thread more often than not. Tis the way of the Internet these days.

Funny thing is, I voted LiS number two on my GotY list, but I was never anywhere near as taken with it as most people here. I just didn't play very much that came out this year.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Uh... there were no problems (as far as I'm concerned) with Bioshock: Infinite scoring highly. Had I played it the year it was released, I think it probably would've been my #1.

I should mention I loved it when it came out and certainly held it up there come 'round GOTY time, but I didn't vote back then. I'm a bit less pressed about it now, but I don't dislike it. But I know B:I is SteamGAF's big MGS4-esque heel-turn from 'This game is amazing!' to 'Wow, this game is shit', so I thought it worth asking~

Backlogger

I can't believe how hard Fallout 4 got blown out of the top 10.

You seem too excited about this.

Pretty good GOTY list overall. Good representation of genres. Glad too see Rocket League did so well. I really need to get around to playing Witcher 3 and Tales from the Borderlands.

Pillars didn't click for me whatsoever. Great story and lore but I guess I don't like that style of gameplay. I wish Fallout 4 had Pillar's level of story telling and lore.

Copons

Goddamit, I disappear for a couple of days and you idiots can't even manage to get Cities: Skylines in the top 10.
:(

(also great list, we totally are no collective hive mind :D )

Funny thing is, I voted LiS number two on my GotY list, but I was never anywhere near as taken with it as most people here. I just didn't play very much that came out this year.

Yup me too. I've expressed my complaints about the game several times. I knew it's a budget title by the time Max opens her mouth, animation is totally sub-par for a story-driven, cutscenes-heavy game like LiS. Regardless, it's still on my goty list because despite its flaws, I think it was an enjoyable experience for me, and my wife. We discussed things about the game the whole week. Yes, I played it after all of the episodes are already released.

4/5 games I voted for got in! :D

Only GG Xrd didn't make it :(
Nice! Surprised to see contradiction be at 10. I was expecting it to be 2 places higher at least.

Wow!

I'm surprised it even made the list! So happy especially with having the best APS! :D

You guys are the best! <3

Se7en_Sword's subliminal messages worked

Edit: Oh shit, Undertale THAT low?
Shush you! :p

So a smaller number voted for Trails, but ranked it at 1 and 2 in their list. Dedicated fans.
You should play it!

very vocal fans
Not as vocal as RL fans :V

I call vote rigging.
No email tag comment this time? D:

TitS SC top 10, we did it lads.
*highfives*

Huh. 4 of my 5 ended up in the top 10. Her Story is...surprisingly low there, by my standard, especially at its price point and such. Either you guys didn't play it, or you suck.
Didn't play it, sorry~

Too many games, plus SC was released when I was going to play it! Honest!

Anyway, Dead Money is finished. Installed a pair of mods on the advice of Prinny to remove the beeping collar, and one to make gold a realistic weight. Still a garbage DLC - I resorted to using console commands to unlock doors so I could get through it faster. Dean Domino was acting like a shithead even though I helped him, so I snuck up behind him and introduced the back of his head to a full clip from my police pistol.

Then I came back, the other mod I had previously installed (A Wilder Wasteland) kicked in and I had to fight Gojira by the Gun Runners' booth. Just some miscellaneous quests, Lonesome Road and the New Vegas Bounties series left to complete before I can finally wrap this up.

dead money is imo the best dlc

you shut your damn mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom