• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Congratulations to the winners.
7CC003655B945A2DA2115747B63AB7914CD62988

Really happy with this list, diverse selection of games and not a single game which does not deserve to be on this list. What a great year for (PC-)games!

Damn, I forgot about that. I played some of it so I could have voted for it.

oipic

Only one game I voted for made the top ten (Rocket League - didn't play a lot of 2015 stuff in 2015), but there are eight games on the list that I'm really looking forward to playing.

I think you did good work right there, SteamGAF, well done!

fernandes

Well, that was my top 3, just in a different order. Also I can't believe there was only a 2 point difference between 2nd and 3rd, wow.

Shadownet

Banned
This was the actress from Her Story (girl on the far left bottom side) being announced for Best Performance for The Witcher 3. Dude behind her who is confused is the head of the the studio who made W3. At first people thought Jade Raymond was high/drunk when she read the award, but apparently it was just mislabeled.

Also Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite is apparently just hanging out there.

Lmao, Witcher 3 is just that good. Also I gotta say, going to an award show where your game was the bomb AND as head of your company. You'll think he would dress a tiny bit more formal.

At least he's wearing a Witcher 3 shirt.

Edit: I actually voted for Fallout 4 and forgot about it lol and I threw Mad Max a bone because I enjoyed it so much despite it being completely average. It almost got in top 20 surprisingly. Beating out Batman.
(5 Points) - The Witcher 3
(4 Points) - Rocket League
(3 Points) - Life Is Strange
(2 Points) - Fallout 4
(1 Point) - Mad Max

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
haha that is pretty funny

Her Story was decent but i just felt more invested in the characters and everything in Analogue.

No doubt, I think I took away a lot more from Analogue/Hate Plus than I did from Her Story (though I am heavily biased there), but I found Christine Love's opinion of the respective games pretty great when I see many making the comparison and thinking the opposite.

zkylon

zkylewd
her story is great because their search function is a really clever system compared to how analogue just drip feeds you stuff for u to read in a (sort of) linear way.

christine love even says so herself

1ecsAs3.png

both games are really good

53 | Tales of Zestiria (3 Points / 3 APS)

I bet it's only me and Bayonetta.

Wait, I think didn't vote it for Steam GOTY. It's on my top 10 Gaf GOTY.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just for you, Stump

c4nhddu.png

zkylon

zkylewd
it bears to mention that just before revealing the results jshackles himself confessed that he hates undertale and he'd do everything in his power to prevent it from winning

Said it in the steam chat and I'm just gonna throw it in here too:

If Max was a male and Chloe was straight in Life is Strange not only would less people care about it but more people would call out its ending too. I truly believe the main number 1 reason people go hard for this game is because it can basically be about 2 lesbians.

zkylon

zkylewd

If Max was a male and Chloe was straight in Life is Strange not only would less people care about it but more people would call out its ending too. I truly the main number 1 reason people go hard for this game is because it can basically be about 2 lesbians.

uhhhh what

Buraindo

Great list, gave me some ideas as to what to get next.
Surprised to see some titles in there, like Tales from the Borderlands. Glad to see The Witcher 3 take number one and Contradiction get a spot on the list.

Deitus

Well hey, I played 4 games that made the top 10. I guess I played more games last year than I remembered.

Pretty good top 10 overall I think. Though I'm really surprised at the list beyond the top 10 (GTA in the top 20, you should all be ashamed).

Fantastic thread title.

If Max was a male and Chloe was straight in Life is Strange not only would less people care about it but more people would call out its ending too. I truly believe the main number 1 reason people go hard for this game is because it can basically be about 2 lesbians.

I mean, the game was really well liked before any lesbian option was known, so that's not really it.

Parsnip

That's one way to look at it I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
what part did you not understand? i edited it to add the word believe. i think the post is crystal clear, what part are you confused on?
well, i picked up on the word believe missing so that wasn't trouble, i was just confused by all the nonsense around it

and no, that kind of crap post doesn't deserve being a serious response

Deitus

hmmm I'm not buying it. i went into the game blind and it was pretty obvious a lesbian choice was gonna kick in down the road.

I mean sure, it wasn't a huge leap to guess that it might come about later in the story, but when people were predicting GOTY for LIS right after episode 1 came out, I didn't see a lot of people talking about lesbians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom