• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Dragon's Dogma update:

Protip - Don't go to the highest roof you can find in the capital and think you're going to levitate all the way to the bottom. That was embarrassing.

The duchess is going to get me into trouble.

Khronico

I'm kinda sad HM2 didn't even make the list, but I get that it's a really contentious game.

Otherwise, y'all have good taste in video games though.

Aside from LiS being so high up there

milena87

I love our GOTY list. Biggest surprise was seeing Contradiction in there and Pillars so high.

Too bad Cities Skylines didn't make it, but it's higher than GTA and Fallout 4, so all is well.

You have to jump through some hoops to attempt to justify either mainstream console currently.

This is coming from someone who typically owns all consoles.

My avatar may make me seem biased but I think that the Wii U is more justifiable than the other two. Blooborne is pretty much the only thing that I play on my PS4 and my X1 is literally just a Rare Replay machine.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So the most human game beats the most non-human game D:

Allzumenschliches

accel

Number of games from my personal top 5 that made it into an overall top 10: 3 (including top 1 which coincides 100%).

Looks like my preferences might be called 'mainstream'. :)

yup

it's got a mention on my list as a massive disappointment thanks to the very questionable level design and overall change in direction

Like we went through with the recent LTTP thread on HM2, Hotline Miami 2's biggest failure with many seems to be that you cannot cheese through the game with the same antics you could in HM1 but you actually have to *grasp* use the weapons and skill sets that you are given. Which makes the game much more difficult and seemingly unfair to those who aren't willing to change their tactics. There is nothing questionable about the level design. Dark Souls 2 had the same issue with many.

ExoSoul

Banned
image.php

image.php

Discuss.

Obvious:
Consoles/PC

Haven't been to the thread in 3 days, what did I miss?

Knurek

Well done.

Can you imagine what will happen if Pillars 2 has the same level of improvement compared to Pillars 1 as BG2 had on BG1?

Also, we need a Puzzle Quest take on TIS-100/Spacechem formula. Casual RPG where you battle by optimizing given code, not by match-3.

Dr Dogg

TIS-100 was robbed. ROBBED! What's more disappointing is only 4 peeps voted for it (guessing me, Durante, Stump and one of the other addicted mods) which means either 180 of you haven't experienced how great it is yet or some of you did play it and are about to go on my ignore list!

Knurek

TIS-100 was robbed. ROBBED! What's more disappointing is only 4 peeps voted for it (guessing me, Durante, Stump and one of the other addicted mods) which means either 180 of you haven't experienced how great it is yet or some of you did play it and are about to go on my ignore list!

I will buy TIS-100 when I'm done with Spacechem.
I haven't even started Spacechem

Smash88

Banned
Smash88
bottom-tier poster :mad:
(Today, 02:36 AM)

You and I both know if GTA V came out on PC during Day 1, it would've been #1. It's way better than any game on that list, maybe on par with Witcher 3. It was snubbed because the hype died out by the time it was released and it was nearly a year ago that it came out on PC as well.

Tizoc

LiS beating Tales from BLands...I demand a recount, the authorized 'tally-er' of the SteamGAF voting is biased towards the game's setting of Oregon!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Best party game

Also surprised lethal league didn't rank

Actually that party mention made me think of my roommates It'd be good for one of those weird "The internet is out let's actually hang out and do something" moments. Last time it was play that Dominion card game.

Phinor

2016 is totally stacked with greatness. But it's way to early to call anything yet. I'm looking forward to another great year of incredible stuff being released on Steam.

So true that it is way too early to make any final predictions yet. Last year I was expecting to see Fallout 4, it was announced and released and naturally I was expecting it to be my GOTY, easily even. Now it's not even in the top 10 of Neogaf Steam GOTY and I think that's the right result for that game.

FloatOn

Actually that party mention made me think of my roommates It'd be good for one of those weird "The internet is out let's actually hang out and do something" moments. Last time it was play that Dominion card game.

Dominion is so fun. I've only played it a total of three times though

You have good taste

Arthea

uff, finished reading, it's sucks I had to sleep and missed all countdown fun
That is a very nice GOTY list indeed, steamgaf

Trails SC getting into top 10 was a best surprise of this year indeed, steamgaf is the best, confirmed yet again.
also stop calling it niche!

1wVb1cB.jpg

uff, finished reading, it's sucks I had to sleep and missed all countdown fun
That is a very nice GOTY list indeed, steamgaf

Trails SC getting into top 10 was a best surprise of this year indeed, steamgaf is the best, confirmed yet again.
We had the best APS too!

dex3108

One question why Valve kept old Group page for games and why every announcement from that group now leads to that old page instead of new community page? They are really champions in releasing half-arsed things and never improving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom