• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and I both know if GTA V came out on PC during Day 1, it would've been #1. It's way better than any game on that list, maybe on par with Witcher 3. It was snubbed because the hype died out by the time it was released and it was nearly a year ago that it came out on PC as well.

GTAV is not a very good game. I played it at launch on 360 and then on PC day one. Both for over 20 hours and it's just not that great.

Grief.exe

GTAV was by far the best selling game on Steam this year. Your statement is accurate, but what it implies really isn't.

Interesting to note that both GTAV and Fallout 4 were the best selling games on Steam this year, but they didn't get into the top 10 on the GOTY voting.

That is what I find interesting.

Lomax

And seriously people, not liking stuff that is popular doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, so stop getting so defensive. Figure out your own tastes and quit playing games you know you won't like.

Interesting to note that both GTAV and Fallout 4 were the best selling games on Steam this year, but they didn't get into the top 10 on the GOTY voting.

Well yeah, but what that indicates is that the members of steamgaf don't represent the typical steam user, and we certainly knew that already lol

xcom-2-logo-587x330.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

Also:

header.jpg

gabbo

A game can sell, but buyers remorse/not keep people interested?

If I didn't put 60 hours into GTA5 when it came out on consoles, it probably would be my no.2 in the GOTY voting.

Witcher 3 was just a superior experience for me. I really enjoyed GTA5, but W3 was on another level.

Well Neogaf definitely doesnt represent the masses, that being said I voted Fallout 4 #1, no ragrats

Arthea

Well yeah, but what that indicates is that the members of steamgaf don't represent the typical steam user, and we certainly knew that already lol

I wouldn't be so sure, nor GTA, neither Fallout 4 are nowhere near top rated 10 2015 games on steam too. Here are top 10 one more time:

1. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
2. Crypt of the NecroDancer
3. Eternal Senia
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
5. Secrets of Grindea
6. Infinifactory
7. Undertale
8. Kerbal Space Program
9. Broforce
10. Nuclear Throne

of course, their popularity hurts them, the more people play the game because of hype and fame, the more dislike it and give negative reviews, but that's how things are in this world, you can't have everything, universal acclaim and insane sales, no game is good enough for everybody (edited) except of Tetris.

that's very mean post, veggie...
didn't expect that from you

Lomax

I wouldn't be so sure, nor GTA, neither Fallout 4 are nowhere near top rated 10 2015 games on steam too. Here are top 10 one more time:

1. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
2. Crypt of the NecroDancer
3. Eternal Senia
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
5. Secrets of Grindea
6. Infinifactory
7. Undertale
8. Kerbal Space Program
9. Broforce
10. Nuclear Throne

of course, their popularity hurts them, the more people play the game because of hype and fame, the more dislike it and give negative reviews, but that's how things are in this world, you can't have everything, universal acclaim and insane sales, no games is good enough for everybody.

What's interesting to me is Undertale is the only one from that list that made the steamgaf top 10 (ignoring the witcher dlc).

Of course, the nature of the vote style is that to win, a game has to be both successful and good, not just one or the other. Like Contradiction might have gotten some high votes, but without the bundle, there's no way it would have been widespread enough to make the top 10.

Parsnip

Has Square Enix Collective produced anything yet?
There's one kickstarter live right now with that name attached for some reason, someone linked to it yesterday or day before. I suppose there have been others.

TIS-100 was robbed. ROBBED! What's more disappointing is only 4 peeps voted for it (guessing me, Durante, Stump and one of the other addicted mods) which means either 180 of you haven't experienced how great it is yet or some of you did play it and are about to go on my ignore list!
I gave up on TIS, it's too much for me.

Why does Rise of the Tomb Raider feels like it's being sent to die?
They probably spent all their marketing money on the xbone launch.
They really fucked everything up with that timed exclusivity deal.

Lomax

Maybe Squeenix is starting to understand that pc profits are more about the long tale and sales and word of mouth, and that blowing a lot of money on marketing isn't worthwhile.

Maybe there's some legal stuff "you can release it but you can't advertise it"
Horrible deal if true, SE just shot itself in the foot...
it does feel like it, bad release date, little to no hype, etc.

But it does look great, unfortunately, I'm not picking it any time soon, bad timing for me
I'm not going to play it immediately either, however it's not dropping to the price I bought it anytime soon, worth it in my opinion.

Durante

It's way better than any game on that list, maybe on par with Witcher 3.
You do know how opinions work right? I mean, GTA VI could be releases on PC exclusively and I still wouldn't give a shit.

And I think it's very unlikely that it would get to the top of a SteamGAF GotY list.

dex3108

The Division Sys Requirements.

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better – See supported List*.
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better – See supported List*
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration. For an up-to-date list of supported hardware, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com
  • Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release: GeForce GTX500 series: GeForce GTX560 (2 GB VRAM) or better • GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX660 or better • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better • GeForce GTX900 Titan series: GeForce GTX960 or better

*Supported AMD cards at time of release: Radeon HD7000 series: Radeon HD7770 (2 GB VRAM) or better • Radeon 200 series: Radeon R7 270 or better • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-pc-specs-revealed/

I'll buy Disgaea day one only if Prinny promises to stop that hate campaign against FF13 he's engaged in, his irrational hate hurts our little community.

depending on its price, of course, that may turn to be not day one purchase even then
My hate for anything ff13 surpasses my love for disgaea. But im willing to negotiate. You buy disgaea and ill keep the hate to myself as long as no one says ff13 is a good game :p

Arthea

What's interesting to me is Undertale is the only one from that list that made the steamgaf top 10 (ignoring the witcher dlc).

Of course, the nature of the vote style is that to win, a game has to be both successful and good, not just one or the other. Like Contradiction might have gotten some high votes, but without the bundle, there's no way it would have been widespread enough to make the top 10.

oh I forgot to say, because of how steam ratings works, the game even with better ratings like Trails for example, doesn't get on the list because too little people played and reviewed it. I mean games that steamgaf have in top 10 are all rated highly on steam, just their userbase and rating ration isn't enough to get on steam's list.
The Witcher 3 for example has amazing 95% rating. GTA V has only 82%, Fallout 4 80%.

All games in top steam list have above 97%. And while Trails SC has 98%, it has too little reviews and owners to get on that list. Life is strange has 96% and Contradiciton - 97%.
Rocket League is a tad lower at 94%, but I am kinda surprised at it ending so high on steamgaf list too.

Dr Dogg

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

*whelp*. Saying that it was all peachy on the Xbone but Uplay be damned!

And yes my internet really is that shit I'm struggling for 256k up.

Lomax

oh I forgot to say, because of how steam ratings works, the game even with better ratings like Trails for example, doesn't get on the list because too little people played and reviewed it. I mean games that steamgaf have in top 10 are all rated highly on steam, just their userbase and rating ration isn't enough to get on steam's list.
The Witcher 3 for example has amazing 95% rating. GTA V has only 82%, Fallout 4 80%.

All games in top steam list has above 97%. And while Trails SC has 98%, it has too little reviews and owners to get on that list. Life is strange has 96% and Contradiciton - 97%.
Rocket League is a tad lower at 94%, but I am kinda surprised at it ending so high on steamgaf list too.

I thought Rocket League could challenge Witcher 3 because I figured it would get a ton of number 1 votes. I'm actually pretty surprised LiS beat it considering how hot RL has been for the past few months and the general opinion of LiS seems to have cooled a lot.

Dsyndrome

I thought Rocket League could challenge Witcher 3 because I figured it would get a ton of number 1 votes. I'm actually pretty surprised LiS beat it considering how hot RL has been for the past few months and the general opinion of LiS seems to have cooled a lot.
2 points made all the difference.

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better – See supported List*.

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better – See supported List*
  • Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-pc-specs-revealed/

I am debating buying this but I feel it will be a disappointment. People say its Destinyesque and I have always wanted to play destiny. (Loot wise)

Shadownet

Banned
A 970? Game better look like my crush on high school prom night. Chances are, its going to be a shitty port.
I am debating buying this but I feel it will be a disappointment. People say its Destinyesque and I have always wanted to play destiny. (Loot wise)
Borderlands is a better loot game than Destiny, and that's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom