• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone played Lucadian Chronicles?
Looks like an interesting Card gme to me :X
header.jpg

I messed around with the Wii U version for a bit. It is base FTP. I was struck with how the game seemed more suited for a desktop setup.

No real conclusions about the game though, sorry.

Teggy

Oh my, the Blade and Soul character creator is pretty hilarious. I made a bunny girl with a giant pompom tail to troll my friends.

Volimar

Speaking of weird characters....are those suppose to be child arisen/pawns in Dragon's Dogma or little people? Cuz some of those characters look damn disturbing if they're kids.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of weird characters....are those suppose to be child arisen/pawns in Dragon's Dogma or little people? Cuz some of those characters look damn disturbing if they're kids.

I guess I just assumed they were kids and I was friends with a lot of perverts. *shrug*

rtcn63

Bro what's a dragon game that doesn't allow you to play as 1,000 year old dragons?

ArjanN

What Steam games are people playing this weekend?

Here is my tentative list:

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

RE0, Dragon's Dogma, Darkest Dungeon, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Just Cause 3, Shadowrun: Hong Kong etc.

...it's a great and terrifying time to be a PC gamer. :p

Hektor

Just finished Ryze: Son of Rome.

That Arkham Combat system so totally needs to die. Can't stand it anymore. It was cool the first few times around because it looked so flashy but now enough is enough.
It's getting dangerously close to open-world level of fatigue for me.

Oh my, the Blade and Soul character creator is pretty hilarious. I made a bunny girl with a giant pompom tail to troll my friends.

I wish the last closed beta before release didn't turn me off from the game.

Was ready to play it since the GStar trailer from 2011 only for it to come out and you can get killed by other players while talking to NPCs.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-380234F89333CD35 - Taken by GaussTek
Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds -- MB-1EE996AC635A2512 - Taken by gurm3n

Annubis

Here is my tentative list:

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

I should play DreadOut... but I'll probably play LoL instead.
Forgive me Gaben! The new season just started.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bionic Dues -- MB-450840DA88C3B68E - Taken by Lone_Prodigy

bakeray

Have a few friends who recently built gaming PCs for Xmas, was looking for a cheap game a bunch of us could have fun with that isn't going to break the pockets, and that we can just mess around with randomly. I know it may be hard to believe at this point, but I still haven't played Terraria, I've heard really good things tho. You can have up to 8 players in the same world, correct? Saw a post in general gaming about it coming to the 3DS/WiiU and thought this might satisfy our needs. Anyone have any other ideas or could tell me how Terraria is with a group of 4-6 people?

Have a few friends who recently built gaming PCs for Xmas, was looking for a cheap game a bunch of us could have fun with that isn't going to break the pockets, and that we can just mess around with randomly. I know it may be hard to believe at this point, but I still haven't played Terraria, I've heard really good things tho. You can have up to 8 players in the same world, correct? Saw a post in general gaming about it coming to the 3DS/WiiU and thought this might satisfy our needs. Anyone have any other ideas or could tell me how Terraria is with a group of 4-6 people?

Cant say much about Terraria, but L4D2 is pretty fun with 4 people.

Grief.exe

Don't think so. I googled around and it seems it's something you do before installing windows?

Edit: just checked my bios and I am in ahci mode
Edit 2: I also have trim enabled
Edit 3: turns out restarting just takes a lot longer than doing a cold boot. When I boot it up after a shutdown it blasts pasts the windows logo

Windows 10 may be installing updates if that's the case.

Knurek

Edit: just checked my bios and I am in ahci mode
Edit 2: I also have trim enabled
Edit 3: turns out restarting just takes a lot longer than doing a cold boot. When I boot it up after a shutdown it blasts pasts the windows logo

If you have hybrid boot, restart will load Windows from scratch, while closing down computer will save the page/hibernation files and just load them from cold boot.
Not sure why the first would take that long though...

Eila

Man why am I so apprehensive about installing Windows 10.

Afraid of driver or installation issues.

My laptop bluetooth stopped working with it, but I didn't mind too much because I have a dongle.
Otherwise, it works well. You're going to have to do it eventually, might as well do it now.

Phinor

the 1/1000 things that dont work on it doesn't justify it

3/3 here. Three different computers, three upgrades, three times issues with at least drivers, in two cases with so much more. And then the November update was released and that messed up all the drivers again so had to re-install those again.

But typically, sure, there shouldn't be major issues.

Mainly Dark Souls 1 (first play-through), perhaps streaming for the friend who kept bugging me to play it in the first place. It's nice how smoothly Steam's streaming integration work.

I also want to play Transistor, as it annoys me that I did not get around to finish that last year.

the 1/1000 things that dont work on it doesn't justify it
Hmm
My laptop bluetooth stopped working with it, but I didn't mind too much because I have a dongle.
Otherwise, it works well. You're going to have to do it eventually, might as well do it now.
Still though.
Honestly, I'd only upgrade once games and software specifically require Win10 or higher to use.
Well that's the thing, I do kinda want to play Gigantic again which is now Windows 10 (the alpha had windows 7 until it stopped doing it.)

JakeD

i just spent 3 hours trying to fix a graphics driver/windows 10 issue. required a system restore. would have rolled back if possible but it's been more than a month.

how is bernardo selling tomb raider for $35? i thought that got shut down? i've been out of the game for awhile so i'm sure this has been thoroughly discussed, sorry.

tmarg

I guess I just assumed they were kids and I was friends with a lot of perverts. *shrug*

I think a lot of people legitimately don't understand how the equipment system works in DD, and there are a lot of half-naked characters as a result. Even after 20+ hours of play I'm finding a bunch of pawns with half their equipment slots empty.

I'm sure there are plenty of pervs as well though.

I recently went ahead upgraded to Windows 10 when I upgraded my PC, and other than the fact that I had to install Windows 3 times in order to get a clean install of W10*, there haven't been a single issue for me. The new start menu is kinda meh, but I mostly just type the name of whatever I want to run anyway, rather than navigate it by hand, so I rarely even notice it.

If you are unsure, and have a spare external HD available (that is big enough), then you could probably make a full disk image before installing, so that you can easily revert back to whatever you were running previously. Unfortunately, I can't give any advice on how to accomplish that other than booting into Linux and just using 'ntfsprogs'. Perhaps somebody else in this thread can recommend some tools.

* I had accidentally deleted the boot partition for my W7 installation previously, so I had to reinstall that first, then do an upgrade to get a W10 key, and then I could do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom