• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Someone buy that Naval game and tell me how it is.

Funny how the only Naval game I can think of is Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY, available for the low low price of £60.99, or a million US dollars (probably). Look at this sick gameplay though.

ss_6fae0c5664baee0e70532fdaa7bd8c80062d0965.jpg

Reminds me of a misspent youth playing Harpoon and looking through old Jane's Fighting Ships. Great times.

Benedict

Xcom EW just crashed for me immediately after a successful mission with zero casualities. And the latest save seems to have disappeared as well.
Back to the geoscape...

Flandy

You got AHCI on?

Don't think so. I googled around and it seems it's something you do before installing windows?

Edit: just checked my bios and I am in ahci mode
Edit 2: I also have trim enabled
Edit 3: turns out restarting just takes a lot longer than doing a cold boot. When I boot it up after a shutdown it blasts pasts the windows logo

Dsyndrome

Damn it, I'm going to start Evil Within over for the third time since it's on sale at the Humble Store. I'm never going to finish this damn game
or any others with this rampant shiny object mentality

Volimar

Xcom EW just crashed for me immediately after a successful mission with zero casualities. And the latest save seems to have disappeared as well.
Back to the geoscape...

It's rare but it happens to me too. Sometimes I get crashes right as my team is jumping off the transport before a mission. Usually the Exalt missions.

Vlad

Wow, slightly off topic, but venturing into other threads really makes me appreciate how damn civil the SteamGAF community is compared to the average internet denizen.

Uzzy

Some goodies got delivered today.

For you younguns, that box is what's known as a physical PC game. In the distant past, all PC games would come on these wonderful bits of technology called a 'disc'. Weird, I know.

The Transistor poster looks amazing, but is a bit smaller than I imagined it'd be. I'll be getting that framed tomorrow.

Knurek

For you younguns, that box is what's known as a physical PC game. In the distant past, all PC games would come on these wonderful bits of technology called a 'disc'. Weird, I know.

Did this 'disc' you speak was some kind of device used to give you the Steam code?
I mean, sure, companies use printed cards now, but maybe this option was too expensive in the early PC days, and they had to resort to this method of spreading keys?

Is it a good rig? i don't recall if it was a solid build on pc.

he has 8gb of ram, SAPPHIRE 11196-19-CPO Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5, and his processor is AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W FD6300WMHKBOX.

he's gonna buy a gtx 970 next month

zkylon

zkylewd

The Transistor poster looks amazing, but is a bit smaller than I imagined it'd be. I'll be getting that framed tomorrow.

yea that poster is great

even tho i don't like transistor

Jazz573

Fascinating. How were people able to survive back then? :p

T.O.P

Banned
Guys i need some help, i just bought the Resident Evil HD Remaster from Steam

I go to launch the game, and i get a blackscreen in window mode, no error no nothing

I really donnow what to do, i'm on W10

Guys i need some help, i just bought the Resident Evil HD Remaster from Steam

I go to launch the game, and i get a blackscreen in window mode, no error no nothing

I really donnow what to do, i'm on W10

Check the steam or official forums, and if nothing works get a refund.

Uzzy

Did this 'disc' you speak was some kind of device used to give you the Steam code?
I mean, sure, companies use printed cards now, but maybe this option was too expensive in the early PC days, and they had to resort to this method of spreading keys?

A good guess! But this disc actually had the entire game on it. I'm sure some companies would send out discs that just had a Steam code on, but in this case SquareEnix went the extra mile. Good stuff.

Or burned them for warmth.

I used to burn mine in the steam engine I used to drive my PC.

Opening the box has revealed an even greater mystery, an older form of disc with nothing but music on. My history degree is finally coming in use!

Maniac

Banned
2016 is super stacked, it's impossible to predict right now

i'm guessing ladykiller in a bind and dark souls 3 are gonna be my top 2, and then sometimes always monsters, the witness and maybe torment will follow pretty close

it's really hard to say, xcom 2 has awesome promise, i'm still hopeful about dxhr2, etc.

I'm quite confident Firewatch will be in my top 10. We'll see if it reaches top 5.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm quite confident Firewatch will be in my top 10. We'll see if it reaches top 5.

eh, the hype campaign for that game rubbed me the wrong way so i'm just kind of not interested in it

if it turns out to be good i'll be pretty happy but it's one of those situations in which marketing kind of burns the game for u

Sometimes Always Monsters...? is that the sequel?
yea!

and it's gonna ROCK!

EdmondD

A good guess! But this disc actually had the entire game on it. I'm sure some companies would send out discs that just had a Steam code on, but in this case SquareEnix went the extra mile. Good stuff.

I used to burn mine in the steam engine I used to drive my PC.

Opening the box has revealed an even greater mystery, an older form of disc with nothing but music on. My history degree is finally coming in use!

My God what is this witchcraft!? If I understand correctly you mean to tell me that back then people actually paid money for music? Insanity.

I still have a box of old pc games including some of those really huge boxes and a big box of cds I still listen to sometimes.

Backlogger

What Steam games are people playing this weekend?

Here is my tentative list:

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

brau

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

I would totally be up for playing some Rocket League with peeps from here if you guys are up for it. Or any other game as a matter of fact.

EdmondD

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

Going to play some more Grim Dawn probably. It is a really solid arpg. I am very happy with my purchase. I might buy Deadly Tower of Monsters soon.

Dsyndrome

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

Evil Within, PoE, DDDA, Clicker Heroes. Maybe some Alien Isolation; need to get more stuff done for the FE though, stupid Statics and Dynamics.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

Gonna start Axiom Verge this weekend. After Ori I was itching for more metroidvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom