• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

rocket league got 2nd best New IP...

except it isn't a new IP?

Wait, Rocket League is a sequel???

giphy.gif

Phinor

hmm, ordinarily I would but zavvi ain't got the best reputation from many stories I've read on gaf =/

I don't think I've ever had problems with Zavvi, closing in on 100 orders from them. However, and I don't know if this applies to UK or most of Europe, but their delivery times are really long. It usually takes close to 2 weeks after dispatch for my orders to arrive in Finland. Knowing that, I don't mind it but it's not a place I'd pre-order or order anything I want as quickly as possible. Dark Souls 3 is one of those games I want to play day 1 so I won't go with Zavvi despite the price (or The Hut, same company basically).

MUnited83

For you.
I mean, what releases of note did Xbox One even get on 2015? I can only remember Halo 5 (with a very lukewarm reception) and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I hope it's a short temporary ban and that he'll swing back in full force within a week or two.
Who is going to be a voice of reason in PC sales threads and such threads.

I don't know why Grief keeps entering those discussions. Saying this site has Sony bias was just asking for trouble. And he kept on arguing afterwards.

Dr Dogg

Here's a stat for you, in the past 12 GAF GOTYs 8 of the winners were a console exclusive (would be 10 if 2 didn't get ports down the line). 3 for Nintendo systems and the other 5 for Sony systems (again would be an extra 1 for each if the ports of RE4 and MGS3 didn't happen). Read in to that what you will.

hmm, ordinarily I would but zavvi ain't got the best reputation from many stories I've read on gaf =/

Never had anything turn up on time from Zavvi/The Hut Group and had a couple of cock ups on orders with getting sent the wrong item (even stuff ordered through the Nintendo store which is run by these muppets). Maybe I just has incredibly bad luck as a fair few folks in the Cheap Arse GAFfer thread rate them highly but I've had far too many bad experiences to even consider using them these days. Even if they were significantly cheaper than elsewhere I'd give them a wide berth.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I don't think this site has a sony bias, I just think the "winner" in sales of consoles will surely leave a bigger mark with exclusives than a console which sells "poorly". Nintendo would be the exception to this ofc.
More users=bigger fanbase on enthusiast forums.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pinball Thrills Triple Pack -- MB-1C2EBF9607E2855F - Taken by SSPssp

three-in-1 pinball thingy

I'm glad I really don't care about GOTY lists or anything

The only reason I participate in GOTY voting and stuff is because some people have the mentality to buy and play what was popular or highly rated by others after GOTY announcements and stuff.

I just want others to play what I enjoy or at least give a chance to it, nothing more to it than that. I don't have any interest in arguing or debating too. Just vote and disappear~

Here's a stat for you, in the past 12 GAF GOTYs 8 of the winners were a console exclusive (would be 10 if 2 didn't get ports down the line). 3 for Nintendo systems and the other 5 for Sony systems (again would be an extra 1 for each if the ports of RE4 and MGS3 didn't happen). Read in to that what you will.

It means people here prefer SP console experiences, and really like Japanese stuff. It's as Nirolak said, a lot in here grew up during the PSX, N64 era. That's the norm for them and that's why PC and MP gaming isn't popular. This also goes for games media where cutting edge SP experiences and console exclusives still define the scene. Those bring the hype most of the time.

cyba89

I'm glad I really don't care about GOTY lists or anything

They are handy for looking up which potentially good games I might have missed/overlooked the last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't understand the need to fight over some rankings (because opinions and all).

Dr Dogg

It means people here prefer SP console experiences, and really like Japanese stuff. It's as Nirolak said, a lot in here grew up during the PSX, N64 era. That's the norm for them and that's why PC and MP gaming isn't popular. This also goes for games media where cutting edge SP experiences and console exclusives still define the scene. Those bring the hype most of the time.

Well yes that's because collated statistics generally speak for themselves and shouldn't need explaining :p

Arthea

The only reason I participate in GOTY voting and stuff is because some people have the mentality to buy and play what was popular or highly rated by others after GOTY announcements and stuff.

I just want others to play what I enjoy or at least give a chance to it, nothing more to it than that. I don't have any interest in arguing or debating too. Just vote and disappear~

Considering that many people on gaf don't read and even more don't read in goty threads, IDK what you expect.

I actually wasn't convinced to play anything (aside from what I already planned to play) from goty discussions this year and I read.
Last year's thread at least brought Dang to my attention and I wanted to play those games since. soon.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
The "Sony bias" doesn't even make sense. In the top 20 there's 2 Sony exclusives and 5 Nintendo exclusives. Its a nonsensical argument.

The "Sony bias" doesn't even make sense. In the top 20 there's 2 Sony exclusives and 5 Nintendo exclusives. Its a nonsensical argument.

Well, it's not like there were many more Sony exclusives worth voting for a top 20 this year though.

I don't have a clue about any Sony bias though, so I'd rather stay unbanned :)

mp1990

Banned
They are handy for looking up which potentially good games I might have missed/overlooked the last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't understand the need to fight over some rankings (because opinions and all).

I don't really care for those threads most of the time either, since i'm not really into AAA, but...

I won't lie, i let my salty side take control over me when i saw Rocket League ahead of Splatoon. I don't endorse this behavior in any way, its just childish, but i kinda understand why people get mad at these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom