• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that many people on gaf don't read and even more don't read in goty threads, IDK what you expect.

I actually wasn't convinced to play anything (aside from what I already planned to play) from goty discussions this year and I read.
Last year's thread at least brought Dang to my attention and I wanted to play those games since. soon.jpg

A steamgaffer posted just the other day that he will buy Trails series because TitS SC was in the top 10. :D

Anteater

Wait, Grief got banned. why?

implying platform bias? or something

people need to chill with those lists

U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGApbxKxe94avIv2Of6W1wlvORAADG3GkGMhWXAeO39l1hnZ5UncE-rkZdK5o1UCJ95SOK98pFaxw

Backgrounds are rather disappointing. Was hoping for more artwork of Rebecca and Billy. Over multiple shots of the train.

we're totally going to see that dude in the middle as a wallpaper

Dr Dogg

Poor Xbox.

Let's be honest, their "Greatest lineup in Xbox history" was a bit bland even by mainstream tastes. For me RotTR was great and so was revisiting all the stuff in Rare Replay but Halo 5 felt a bit flat but MS seem to be massively after the eSports crowd with that one so completely the differnet type of person than your stereotypical GAFfer. Forza 6 I've not looked at but the rest of thier stuff is slowly going Multiplatform.

Contrast that to Nintendo who have strong first party support (both with great and gruesome titles this year) and the massive install base lead Sony has over the competition kind of leads to the trends you'll possibly see on most enthusiast sites that are multi system even if everyone had a neutral stance.

Maniac

Banned
Wait, Grief got banned. why?

Biased moderation that's always had it out for PC gamers!

Shh, they're watching! The Illuminati, run by our mods, is always watching! Even when you're fapping!

Come to think of it maybe they're Masons. Not quite sure. Not good about all this conspiracy stuff.

your pawn's duchess costume is the worst

put some effort into her

Damn, I want to but I just haven't been able to find some decent armor for her. The armor system still confuses me somewhat, I didn't know why stuff wasn't usable until I noticed the chart below everything that shows what vocations stuff works with.

EDIT: and btw thanks for the assassin class recommendation, it's been pretty dope so far, and most of my gear from Fighter carries over which is nice.

Dr Dogg

Personally I'm waiting for the Bloodborne HDier Remastered Edition on PS5. Might actually have some decent AA and framepacing issues sorted out by then.

Let's be honest, their "Greatest lineup in Xbox history" was a bit bland even by mainstream tastes. For me RotTR was great and so was revisiting all the stuff in Rare Replay but Halo 5 felt a bit flat but MS seem to be massively after the eSports crowd with that one so completely the differnet type of person than your stereotypical GAFfer. Forza 6 I've not looked at but the rest of thier stuff is slowly going Multiplatform.

Contrast that to Nintendo who have strong first party support (both with great and gruesome titles this year) and the massive install base lead Sony has over the competition kind of leads to the trends you'll possibly see on most enthusiast sites that are multi system even if everyone had a neutral stance.

I've been thinking, what's the last Xbox exclusive (which stayed exclusive) that got critical acclaim and was featured on these type of lists. And I mean games with 90+ MC, lot of hype etc. Almost said Gears, but that came out on PC.

What? Seriously? Why?

He said GAF has Sony bias, then continued arguing. Is my guess.

Maniac

Banned
What? Seriously? Why?

GAF Moderation. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

I'm not even trying to make a point.

But no seriously it's just the mods' refusal to accept the heavy bias this site has, even amongst the moderators.

Can't say I blame him. Nor them, really. Why would anyone be biased towards Xbox with the trite they have?

I mean, PC I can fully understand. PS... Eeeeh, I can kind of get it. But Xbox? Meh. Nah, doesn't make sense.

Biased moderation that's always had it out for PC gamers!

Shh, they're watching! The Illuminati, run by our mods, is always watching! Even when you're fapping!

Come to think of it maybe they're Masons. Not quite sure. Not good about all this conspiracy stuff.

GAF Moderation. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

I'm not even trying to make a point.

I'd watch out if I were you. Last time a mod called you out on saying they're console biased.

Maniac

Banned
I'd watch out if I were you. Last time a mod called you out on saying they're console biased.

Wait, what? Really?

I didn't even see... o_O

Boo. Totally would've responded ,_,

Regardless, I don't really think the whole bias thing is a big deal. If there's bias it's... Because it's kind of justified with just how weak some of the content on some systems has been.

I always say all the bias stuff in jest though, cause I really don't care about it. I'm biased towards being too damn poor to even entertain the thought of buying a console.

... Or a new GPU... T-T

Mivey

At this point in time though, it should really be obvious that posting certain statements about consoles outside SteamGAF is not a good idea. It doesn't lead to good discussion, and will get you banned. What's the point? Martydom? *cue braveheart gif*

At this point in time though, it should really be obvious that posting certain statements about consoles outside SteamGAF is not a good idea. It doesn't lead to good discussion, and will get you banned. What's the point? Martydom? *cue braveheart gif*

steamgaf is our clubhouse, let's just stay here and post anime gifs

Shadownet

Banned
Shhhh guys, we're not supposed to talk about the moderation here. You'll get banned for talking about it. No criticizing mods.
/s
not really, it happened before.

Come back soon Grief.

Maniac

Banned
...but GAF obviously has a Sony bias right now.

GAF always has a bias towards the most popular console every generation. It's a very natural and easy to understand effect.

Exactly. It's... Well, survival bias of the fittest. Always a war between MS & Sony, whereas PC always just sits 'ere, staring.

Atleast, I tend to stare.

But yeah, in all seriousness, it is indeed natural, and makes perfect sense.

Freeedooooooom!!!11
steamgaf is our clubhouse, let's just stay here and post anime gifs

We got snitches though. All them snitches. They're lurking. Like the Illuminati.

Beware the snitches, for they give stitches

Kyougar

I think these kind of awards have to give only partial points if the user only enters with 1 or 2 Titles selected.

I mean, sure, you love Bloodborne or Witcher or MGS or whatever. But if thats your only choice, your point should matter less. You only played this one or two Title in the year, so maybe you dont have an extensive view on what was "GOTY" Material that year.

Well, whatever. in the grand scheme it doesnt matter what a community votes on to be their GOTY. My personal feeling is that a Vote should only be awarded their full points if 60 to 80% of the games are placed.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I remember last time we got bans in here, BOY were we stupid to jump on that bandwagon last summer.

But seriously I think GAF is much more accepting of PC gaming now than they were just a year or two ago and even more since the ps360 generation.
You can often talk about it outside of steamthread without getting anyone jumping you or having trolls or fanboys posting dumb shit.
The exception to this is still sales thread for the PC platform because those almost always end up like shit especially if they are about JRPGs.

Maniac

Banned
At least here some people voted for WotS 4 and D4. I got called a hipster in the GAF Goty thread :(

I've yet to play either. But that's because I haven't bought them cause... I've been buying other stuff, which I haven't played either. :p
Shhhh guys, we're not supposed to talk about the moderation here. You'll get banned for talking about it. No criticizing mods.
/s
not really, it happened before.

Come back soon Grief.

I'm gonna be critical of GAF moderation and say...

I don't think Bish has as nice a butt as I'd have thought.

I haven't seen his butt, however I imagine it's actually quite lovely.
$1.05 was not enough

Oh I see wot you did there.

... Wait, I just remembered... Oh god. Is Freedom ever gonna be back or is he deded?
FIRST RULE OF GAF IS U DONT TALK ABOUT IT

im alerting the authorities

U guise I found a snitch

It was Mulder all along!

PS: Really friggin' excited for tomorrow! Mulder & Scully are my baes

I honestly can't see why someone would have a Microsoft bias right now unless they were really into Halo, and I picked an Xbone over a PS4.
I had my reasons, and it's not related to any of that console war nonsense.

There just isn't much there for Xbox right now, at least not that doesn't get ported to PC or even PS4 before long.

Dr Dogg

I've been thinking, what's the last Xbox exclusive (which stayed exclusive) that got critical acclaim and was featured on these type of lists. And I mean games with 90+ MC, lot of hype etc. Almost said Gears, but that came out on PC.

Forza could have been that type of game if they weren't being pumped out so fast and of course the mixed bag 5 ended up being. But then again even GT is showing signs of cracking if 6 is anything to go by both critically and commercially.

Rise of the Tomb Raider wasn't even the best game featuring Lara Croft that came out in 2015.

Not even RotTR or Temple of Osiris combined were the best Croft Simulators last year.

I've yet to play either. But that's because I haven't bought them cause... I've been buying other stuff, which I haven't played either. :p

I'm gonna be critical of GAF moderation and say...

I don't think Bish has as nice a butt as I'd have thought.

I haven't seen his butt, however I imagine it's actually quite lovely.

Oh I see wot you did there.

... Wait, I just remembered... Oh god. Is Freedom ever gonna be back or is he deded?

U guise I found a snitch

It was Mulder all along!

PS: Really friggin' excited for tomorrow! Mulder & Scully are my baes

Well, then you know what you have to buy next time you feel a buying things itch. Seriously, both are really enjoyable games.

yuraya

Your favorite platform of choice is shit.

Your favorite era is shit

Your favorite video game is overrated shit.

Everything you like is shit.

Just my opinion of course.

Wait, what? Really?

I didn't even see... o_O

Boo. Totally would've responded ,_,

You need to pay better attention :p

Doesn't help that several moderators have an irrational hatred and / or fear of PC gaming :p

Which ones would those be? I ask only because the vast majority of us are PC gamers. I think only four or five of us own PS4s, and only three of us own XB1s. And it's largely PC versions we talk about in the mod forum, so I'm curious which mods have an irrational hatred for PC?

Anyways, if you have something to say to mods and moderation, take it to PMs.

Shadownet

Banned
Maybe in about 15 years, we can have all the mods replaced by Modbot. So all the banning can be objective and fair.

No more banning people over random stuff, while some people get off scot free. Modbot is....objective right?

Pachimari

I can't get into Bloodborne.
And it's still there on the shelf since launch, all alone. :(

[edit]
Oh, top of the page! Everybody go buy Final Fantasy XIV, it's on sale on Steam!

Maniac

Banned
Well, then you know what you have to buy next time you feel a buying things itch. Seriously, both are really enjoyable games.

I'm already sold on D4 by the fact that what little I've played of DP was super weird, and that Swery is coo' on twitter.

And he tweeted he loved me :'3
I honestly can't see why someone would have a Microsoft bias right now unless they were really into Halo, and I picked an Xbone over a PS4.
I had my reasons, and it's not related to any of that console war nonsense.

There just isn't much there for Xbox right now, at least not that doesn't get ported to PC or even PS4 before long.
I've always been fascinated by the console war thing. Especially since I've always been standing on the outside, clutching my mouse n' keyboard to my chest, slowly shaking my head as I think to myself "Don't they know that they've already lost?" whilst I shed a lonesome tear.
You need to pay better attention :p

Aw, balls.

Although that too was said in jest, although if I looked back to the time I'd first registered I don't think it would've been entirely off-mark.

Oh.

Dear lord. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom