• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Hey guys! So, recently i got into PC gaming (my rig sucks major ass but it still counts), soooo

uhhh, how do i put this

can i be one of you cool dudes
That depends on your tolerance for bear and other animal-based puns and absolutely excessive amounts of anime gifs.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hey guys! So, recently i got into PC gaming (my rig sucks major ass but it still counts), soooo

uhhh, how do i put this

Welcome to the steam thread!
Hope you have a nice stay, we're all cool dudes (or dudettes) last time I checked.

Also mitsuru is the best.

Ban Puncher

uhhh, how do i put this

v84lzty.png

Jawmuncher

There's absolutely no standard for video game quality. Whether something is good in a video game is entirely up to individual, personal opinion. If Bubsy 3D was voted GotY, or if someone said it was better than The every game in the current top 10, there's nothing to dispute as it's an opinion, and opinion is safe from criticism.

The problem is people don't know how to be fair. Either something is complete shit with no redeeming qualities, or it's the best thing ever. I love RE6, and would like for people to see the good in the game. But I won't try to pretend it's perfect.

Kriken

Looking at the GOTY list again, Dragon Age Inquisition and Shadow of Mordor would've just been a fart in the wind if they released this year

mp1990

Banned

Welcome to the steam thread!
Hope you have a nice stay, we're all cool dudes (or dudettes) last time I checked.

Also mitsuru is the best.

mp!

A man of rich taste. :D

Welcome aboard~

only if you accept mitsuru is trash, MP

you're in chie country now

You not having a Mitsuru avatar is odd but, hi MP :3.

Awwwww you guys :')

giphy.gif

My Steam ID is MP1990GAF so you can add me and judge my really bad taste in everything

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I expected nothing but there's always that sliver of hope that someone surprises you positively. Then SteamGAF votes Huniepop into the top 20, GAF GOTY happens and all is lost.

To vote something into our GOTY's top 20 you only needed like 2-3 dedicated fans :p
Don't blame huniepop on us all.

Dirt Rally over Project Cars. No Guilty Gear Xrd in Fighting Games at all. A full exclusive on a single platform (Bloodborne) trumping "giants" available on every major platform (Witcher 3, MGSV, Fallout 4) as number one. Undertale being above Pillars, Kerbal and Skylines on PC GOTY. PC Exclusives "beating" MS exclusives and tailing more with Nintendo & Sony Exclusives.

Yes, I am surprised a lot.
Haha

uhhh, how do i put this

Welcome! Nice to see new faces.

Grief.exe

Hi!

What crusade are you talking about? :D

Haven't been much on steam lately due to work and school

tvfPX8X.png

Just reinstalled Assetto Corsa but other than buying some games in the winter sale, nah.

What is your Steam profile?

Canis Lupis posting in this thread is like Vihugi-tier. Mind blowing.

uhhh, how do i put this

Good, now you can go and buy Way of the Samurai 4 and D4. They don't require a beefy PC and you will surely like them :)

Welcome :)

Dat The Witness hype post. I'm really starting to look forward to this game now. I'll probably play TR first though, because Witness is so much bigger
Podcast Beyond Episode 427
- "This game is awesome...incredible"
- "Feels like Myst in terms of its atmosphere, its loneliness...you arrive at a place that has a history and you're uncovering that history"
- "Freaking gorgeous", with some "mindblowingly difficult" puzzles
- "Amazing aha moments"

Eurogamer Podcast #1
-"Fairly close to Portal or Portal 2 in terms of a game that has obvious scale and production values but zero combat and is very much focused on quite involved puzzling"
- "Discovery of the game world.. of the mechanics is everything"
- "Even if this came from a no-name developer...the word would get around that it was something unique and quite special"
- "Quite lavish, a really really beautiful game"

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Warning posting in that Neogaf Goty thread isn't the best idea.

You just got to follow this formula when posting "Oh nice that ____ placed in #_, I really enjoyed it for what it is" or "Dang ___ got some good exclusives this year, love the list by the way though ____ got robbed :p" if you want to go for one which is a bit more sarcastic but not out of line.

mp1990

Banned
Good, now you can go and buy Way of the Samurai 4 and D4. They don't require a beefy PC and you will surely like them :)

Welcome :)

Let me be a bit more clear, these are my specs:

Video card: GeForce GTX 650

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 3.5 GB

I'm a bit ignorant on this subject but maybe calling it bad is a understatement?

Let me be a bit more clear, these are my specs:

Video card: GeForce GTX 650

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 3.5 GB

I'm a bit ignorant on this subject but maybe calling it bad is a understatement?

The CPU and the RAM will hold you back quite a bit (especially that CPU)
You should be able to play WotS 4 and D4 though, so all is good :)

wait there was a pc port of dino crisis 2?

Dino Crisis 1 and 2 got PC ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom