• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Why are true/secret endings of videogames shit 99% of the time?

Real talk. What was the greatest Rogue-like-like-like last year?

Can't recommend those games enough.
Inv. Inc. is a great turnbased stealth-game and the latter one is
fx7c0ran26fgtkyanrb8.gif

tumblr_inline_nopgxwMgX21sxxix8_540.gif

Arthea

I really liked this on iPad but not quite sure how well it would have translated to mouse. Saying that The Room was the same and that worked brilliantly on PC.

kindly don't mention The Room, it makes me sad...

I wonder how much better the Room did on phones that devs don't care about PC at all. It sold 65-70K on steam, for a late port I thought it's good, but apparently I know nothing just like Snow.
That leads to a question, how good bestselling iOS games actually sell?

Anteater

grief didn't even accept my friend invite for pawn sharing

sure I have a totally different username, my avatar is a dog but he should tell by the steam group I'm in

It's not even close. DS2 is not a GOTY-worthy game.

I bet

dark souls 2 is shit

shiiit

/runs

Anno

Man it's crazy how quickly you can just become lost in W3. Novigrad especially. Not lost as in unable to find your way somewhere, just in getting frequently distracted by some other awesome thing to do or see.

Hm, don't think his current ban is perma but seeing his last ban was also seen as "PC elitism/console belittlement", a mod may have gone all the way with a "repeated offender" status. Dunno

He seems to get rather frequent bans (compared to most) and usually for the same type of thing over on gaming side. It wouldn't surprise me, considering how opinionated and argumentative he can be...

Heaven's no, Grief got bling and class.

Is that what you call it?

i thought that's turfster

Turfster doesn't usually get banned, does he?

BB is probably the most straight forward Souls game to date. Is it the framerate and egregious use of chromatic aberration? Because that does take getting used to.

Maybe a souls-like, or souls-lite could be more appropriate in some ways, but it's most definitely not a souls game.

It's not even close. DS2 is not a GOTY-worthy game.

Sure it is. It was last year (ended up being my #1) and Steam GOTY voting be damned, it was this year too with SotFS (it would've been my #2).

Pawns usually fill those gaps, though sometimes they forget to talk about stuff you want them to.

Depends on what information he's talking about.
And pawns won't talk about certain things in terms of telling you weaknesses or whatever unless they managed to fill out their bestiary in some way while serving others (or you).

Nordicus

The preffered title to games like isaac is for me Rogue-lite, games more like rogue is rogue-likes (I think necrodancer is more of a rogue-like than a rogue-lite)

Rogue-lite if the only things in common are random generation in a dungeon or something similar with permadeaths and replayablility.

Rogue-likes if it has more rogue based gameplay.
I always thought the lite in rogue-lite meant how some of the power you gain during your adventure can still be transferred to other playthroughs even if you lose/die.

Stuff like class/item/event unlocks, or straight up letting the new playthrough inherit something

Tizoc

He seems to get rather frequent bans (compared to most) and usually for the same type of thing over on gaming side. It wouldn't surprise me, considering how opinionated and argumentative he can be...

Is that what you call it?

Well his avatars have always been a guy in a fancy suit with a golden necklace so....
Bling and Class.

Mods should have said stop saying fam unironically or perma ban.
Add in breh, bruh, bruv, hella and fam together and you have my support!
24h so I don't have to remember to do one tomorrow.

It didn't insert images for Dragon's Dogma and TIS-100. What did I do wrong Stump?!?
Happy early birthday
Serial Experiments
Lain! And pretty great raffle, thanks.
RCPS3 emulator playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations near full-speed.

The progress with this emulator is crazy, and DX12 is proving to be a lot of help for all the new emulators currently in development. I feel fairly tempted to upgrade to Windows 10 alone because of that, although I hope once Vulkan is out I won't need to.
Don't let fanto see your post.
Dude is always weird towards me when I post emulation stuff >_>

Maniac

Banned
Add in breh, bruh, bruv, hella and fam together and you have my support!

Cmon bruv, chillax. You're sounding hella serious. I mean cmon fam, why so serious? Yous overreactin bruh.

Anyway, the other day, my breh was all like hella drunk, right? And then I said to him, I said, fam, you're hella drunk!

Also something-something Videogames to stay on-topic.

Hektor

RCPS3 emulator playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations near full-speed.

The progress with this emulator is crazy, and DX12 is proving to be a lot of help for all the new emulators currently in development. I feel fairly tempted to upgrade to Windows 10 alone because of that, although I hope once Vulkan is out I won't need to.

Why do they use the multiplatform entry for testruns? The first 2 were exclusive, that would get me more excited, even if it's virtually the same.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It didn't insert images for Dragon's Dogma and TIS-100. What did I do wrong Stump?!?

I haven't looked at the banner code in a while and there are some cached elements so it's possible it's not picking up some new releases properly, especially if valve changed the structure of search results. That's on me.

Cmon bruv, chillax. You're sounding hella serious. I mean cmon fam, why so serious? Yous overreactin bruh.

Anyway, the other day, my breh was all like hella drunk, right? And then I said to him, I said, fam, you're hella drunk!

Also something-something Videogames to stay on-topic.
( -_-)

Anteater

i have no idea where i am in dead space

maybe i need to restart from the beginning

it makes me sad

to be fair DS2 has been more fun than my first go at Dragons Dogma

I don't understand the combat or something

well DS2 is still the same formula as DS1 but with some differences, dragon's dogma is basically a mix of a bunch of games with shit balancing

Eila

Maybe in about 15 years, we can have all the mods replaced by Modbot. So all the banning can be objective and fair.

No more banning people over random stuff, while some people get off scot free. Modbot is....objective right?

What if ModBot is programmed in a way that it's biased?
The world will never be fair, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom