• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Puimroni do a 12" 4:3 ratio for £90, pretty sure it's a laptop lcd that's had a new driver-board for 12v

It should output to 320x240, refresh is pretty good from the YT videos I saw of it, still waiting for mine however :|

On the plus side I have made the enclosure of what it might look like:
What kind of a place will cut you boxes like that? How do you design them and what's the cost? I need some things to put electronic projects in and a custom deal would be cool.

A friend is starting work at Glow forge in the near future so I might get some work done there.

I was expecting a lot more from Dead Space after all the excitement around it. It was a very uninspiring shooter with a terrible port; not so much horror as horrible.

Haven't played DS2, but DS3 managed to aim even lower, somehow.

Anteater

I was expecting a lot more from Dead Space after all the excitement around it. It was a very uninspiring shooter with a terrible port; not so much horror as horrible.

Haven't played DS2, but DS3 managed to aim even lower, somehow.

it's like resident evil 4 with a really awesome space theme nobody else has used at its time

rtcn63

There weren't many RE4 clones back in the day, so I liked Dead Space for what it was. Could've used more enemy diversity and usable weapons. It and DS2 are definitely a "replay during Oct." game for me, though not to the same extent as RE.

Watching GT's playthrough of RE5, and it only just dawned me on that Chris roided up not to take on the BOWs, but Wesker. They're fight in the Spencer mansion reminds me of when Vegeta and Trunks took on Cell post-time chamber, and Vegeta all jacked to shit but was just too slow to win.

Nabs

I feel real happy all of a sudden. No idea why.

Might be because Stump put Elliot Quest in his top 5, and maybe people will finally give it a shot. Hey Stump, one day you should give Treasure Adventure Game a go. It's really good, and it's also very free.

cyba89

Dead Space is awesome. The atmosphere archieved through lightning and especially its sound design was unrivaled back then. Playing that game in the dark with a 5.1 sound system was one of my scariest gaming experiences ever.

Dead Space remains as the only game reason I've ever used my mouse's sensitivity adjustment feature for. Cranked it to the max, 400%, to make it playable. If I didn't have that I wouldn't have been able to play it, lacking a controller at the time.
it's like resident evil 4 with a really awesome space theme nobody else has used at its time

Alright, I can see this.

I only played it years after release.

Lomax

More on the DX12 improvements on emulators

231531_2545907250.png

231532_2545907250.png

Vulkan can't get here soon enough. Let me get on that goodnesssss

I really need to dig some of my gamecube games out and give emulation a try. Someone reminded me about Gladius the other day which made me want to play it again.

I wonder if an emulator could get a legit listing on steam now. Seems like whenever they try to take stuff like that more mainstream the big three just lawyer them to death.

I really need to dig some of my gamecube games out and give emulation a try. Someone reminded me about Gladius the other day which made me want to play it again.

I wonder if an emulator could get a legit listing on steam now. Seems like whenever they try to take stuff like that more mainstream the big three just lawyer them to death.

Remember Bleemcast?

Cause Sony does.

MUnited83

For you.

Actually, there wouldn't be any issue at all with that. The big three can't do much against emulators that dont use their code. The reason none of them is on Steam is simple: most of the major emulators on PC are free and open-source, with dozens of different people coding for it. Would be a nightmare to figure out all the copyright issues to be able to put it on Steam. But if they were on Steam, the big three couldnt do anything about it. There's several paid emulators for Android , for example, and its perfectly legal.
Yup, sure do. That whole thing was fucked up.

Edit: don't both app stores have emulators on them now?

Yep!

Lomax

Yeah, the last time they tried that with a game (WoW), it was a disaster of epic proportions and they barely recovered from it.

That's a terrible comparison. Not that I think Overwatch well be a failure, but seriously, it's not at all similar. WoW was released at the absolute peak of MMO popularity and was easily the pinnacle of the genre. Blizzard's moba hasn't exactly taken over either.

Jawmuncher

That's a terrible comparison. Not that I think Overwatch well be a failure, but seriously, it's not at all similar. WoW was released at the absolute peak of MMO popularity and was easily the pinnacle of the genre. Blizzard's moba hasn't exactly taken over either.

There actually seems to be some interest over overwatch. Compared to HoTs which just kind of came out. Though we will see what happens. Could be another Evolve case, but I doubt it would die that fast.

MRORANGE

What kind of a place will cut you boxes like that? How do you design them and what's the cost? I need some things to put electronic projects in and a custom deal would be cool.

A friend is starting work at Glow forge in the near future so I might get some work done there.

Try and find a cheap laser cutter service,

I use this website to get a PDF of the exact box I want: http://boxmaker.connectionlab.org/

I then export it to illustrator and make the modifications for mounting holes and other changes for my projects.

Depending on where you live, look for a maker-space.as that will bring down coust a LOT. to build that box cost me less than £1.50

Parsnip

Why am I not surprised that certain people have been banned following the genpop gotys?

edit: Though it seems like only one is a goty casualty.

Lomax

Actually, there wouldn't be any issue at all with that. The big three can't do much against emulators that dont use their code. The reason none of them is on Steam is simple: most of the major emulators on PC are free and open-source, with dozens of different people coding for it. Would be a nightmare to figure out all the copyright issues to be able to put it on Steam. But if they were on Steam, the big three couldnt do anything about it. There's several paid emulators for Android , for example, and its perfectly legal.

Yep!

Oh I know it's legal, bleem was legal too, but lawyers still managed to kill it because Sony felt threatened. I feel like any emulator that showed up on steam could face a similar battle.

Shadownet got a permaban

Ouch. From what you're saying it wasn't for another bad judgment OT thread? Surprising.

--

Anyone in here play Vermintide? This last mission is absolutely ridiculous and Ningen and I just can't seem to manage with the two of us. We had it finished once, but someone joined us late game and his attempts to connect glitched the game out of completing the mission, haven't been able to get a 3rd (and/or 4th) competent player again since then and it's absolutely infuriating. So yeah, if you play and would like to join/help us, that'd be great.

MUnited83

For you.
That's such an anticlimatic end for Shadownet. Two bans for being a racist ass and the third and final one is because of criticizing mods?

I demand my entry ticket fee back!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's such an anticlimatic end for Shadownet. Two bans for being a racist ass and the third and final one is because of criticizing mods?

I demand my entry ticket fee back!

I'd say it is more because he was intimating that his previous bans weren't "fair" or"objective." Which would mean that not only had he not learned anything, he'd actually become more belligerent.

If it helps, consider him a victim of the Technical Knock Out game.

Signal to garbage? Are you the new grief? :lol

Regardless, we should be done wasting anymore time on him. Plenty of other forums for him to go post on. Hopefully he'll get in front of this storm one day.

got a new XB1 controller yesterday (the Forza one)...I like the rubber grips they put on the handles

was gonna try to get the Lunar White one but the other one was cheaper so I went that route

MUnited83

For you.
I'd say it is more because he was intimating that his previous bans weren't "fair" or"objective." Which would mean that not only had he not learned anything, he'd actually become more belligerent.

If it helps, consider him a victim of the Technical Knock Out game.

Regardless, we should be done wasting anymore time on him. Plenty of other forums for him to go post on. .

Oh, I initially missed the "fair or objective" post. Yeah, it does make it a more fitting end.
Hopefully he'll get in front of this storm one day
latest

Lain

The comparison was facetious and hinged on that full price, multiplayer only part.
Obviously WoW launched at a different time and HotS hasn't set the world ablaze, but I'd wait to see some more about how Overwatch keeps shaping up, before declaring it a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom