• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hello everyone. I like PC gaming and this seems like a cool thread to talk about PC games. Also, lashman has been nagging me to join for months now, so I had to. :p

Welcome to the steam thread!
You're a cool dude on twitter so I'm guessing you're a cool dude here.

Also everyone jumping on the Lashy's recommendation of steam thread bandwagon today it seems.

My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here-being as I am getting bummed out in other threads from all the super negetivity. Im super impressed with your GOTY list- and the few I have as friends on Twitter reflect this thread in a great way-

So my name is Al. I love all genres. Love cats. Love drinking. Posting cat gifs-

I have a Skylake build 6700K and 980ti- built on Thanksgiving - havent had a decent PC since 2013.

Greatly looking forward to RotTR next week kinda looking forward to The Winess, but I prepare for disapointment following the fact there are no puzzles to solve with Piss jars.

Feel like a housecat going outside for the first time.
tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif

Hope to be accepted in this cool thread
Steam ID

hmmm... are you buying disgaea next month?

Dawg

Jokin aside..

I want to play some of those good steam games such as undertale and clicker heroes.

Should I build a pc with GTX980 Ti SLI to play games like that or wait until the next hardware batch? I've been looking to build a new pc for a while. All I have is an old craptop right now.

Jokin aside..

I want to play some of those good steam games such as undertale and clicker heroes.

Should I build a pc with GTX980 Ti SLI to play games like that or wait until the next hardware batch? I've been looking to build a new pc for a while. All I have is an old craptop right now.

fuck waiting for the next graphics card, just buy the gtx980 ti. also skip clicker heroes and get disgaea instead

how much longer must i be the unofficial ambassador of Disgaea before NIS finally pms me?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
fuck waiting for the next graphics card, just buy the gtx980 ti. also skip clicker heroes and get disgaea instead

how much longer must i be the unofficial ambassador of Disgaea before NIS finally pms me?

Go ask Kurt and how long it took for him with D4 and Way of the samurai 4.

tuxfool

Banned

At any other Hardware cycle I'd tell you not to bother waiting, just go as soon as it suits you.

However, this time around there is going to be a massive jump. So much so that I'd say wait.

Soulflarz

Banned
Jokin aside..

1TI is all you need

but
wait, we're way too close to the next batch, youd have buyers remorse the second they hit.

Hell, I got a 980 half a year ago, and I acknowledge this jump is huge and I'm still going to me $500 in the hole in a few months.

I'd actually give a look at getting a 980ti but the $600+ price tag is a no-go zone for me

have a 290X now so I've been thinking of going to a 390X down the line

---

guess I can wait until the new cards get released but I assume those prices will be pretty high

bro that fight was easy,
once your health is low she'll start to avoid attacking you

This is what I want you to do, buy Disgaea next month, play it, and then tell everyone how great it is and tell others to buy it.

I told them to buy some games first, but since this is about Disgaea I'll let you continue.

I'd actually give a look at getting a 980ti but the $600+ price tag is a no-go zone for me

have a 290X now so I've been thinking of going to a 390X down the line

970 is good enough, imo. i haven't had any problems running games with it, always get 1080p at 60fps, sometimes i got to lower a few things to medium to achieve it but still, good enough. Although I do admit if i had the cash I'd go for a 980ti, would love to run games at a higher framerate so i can use the 3D my monitor has.

Teggy

Did lashman just send his dog and cat to join SteamGAF? That was weird.

Having only experienced him in these threads I kind of picture lashman as Teller from Penn and Teller.

Did lashman just send his dog and cat to join SteamGAF? That was weird.

Having only experienced him in these threads I kind of picture lashman as Teller from Penn and Teller.

lashman is our Ambassador to the other Gaf.

He's also one of the coolest persons to post here, but don't tell him I said that.

Dsyndrome

latest

I need to power through and beat something, going to try and push Mind: Path to Thalamus, can't believe I still haven't beaten it yet.

Steam big picture is so cool but it uses waaayy too much of my resources so i get FPS drops when i use it :(

Also any recommendations for local 4 player games ?

Holy Smokes, we had a glitch in the matrix
------
Top 10 WORST Games of 2015!

10. Battlefield: Hardline
9. Evolve
8. The Order: 1886
7. Sid Meier's Starships
6. Afro Samurai2: Revenge of Kuma Vol.1
5. Motorcycle Club
4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
3. Alone in the Dark: Illumination
2. Godzilla
1. Raven's Cry

Teggy

Speaking of DD I actually reinstalled Windows 10 so I could use ENB. It's ridiculously bloomy. Did I do something wrong?

Holy Smokes, we had a glitch in the matrix
------
Top 10 WORST Games of 2015!

10. Battlefield: Hardline
9. Evolve
8. The Order: 1886
7. Sid Meier's Starships
6. Afro Samurai2: Revenge of Kuma Vol.1
5. Motorcycle Club
4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
3. Alone in the Dark: Illumination
2. Godzilla
1. Raven's Cry

must have played a copy of THPS5 that worked-

easily my worst game of the year- you ever fall through the floor of a game-in the character creation area?

Speaking of DD I actually reinstalled Windows 10 so I could use ENB. It's ridiculously bloomy. Did I do something wrong?

Which preset?
Some ENB presets do have ridiculous bloom. That's why I prefer this vanilla ENB.

So, I was trying the Enhanced Vanilla ENB preset a bit, and it's actually good. AO, AA, enhanced shadow, debanding, no vignette, 1-2 fps loss. And no, it doesn't make nights darker and shadows crushed black.

Off
yJzrvnC.jpg

9OPcT9v.jpg

Off
8N2xC2p.jpg

On
1b56YZW.jpg

I'm settling with this one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom