• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. That's the one I had on my wishlist. Is it only better because of the compatibility?

I wonder if it's possible to play the older ones at all on W10.

complete remake with new controls-but includes old graphics and gameplay-(point and click)

And If you’ve ever been overwhelmed by realtime 3D – too many controls or too much motion – realMyst has something for you! You have the option to play the game just like the original Myst – with a simple point and click! Point where you want to go – click the mouse and you move through the world seamlessly to the new location. As a tribute to Myst’s 20th anniversary we’ve also added the original Myst images when you play in this Classic mode. Hold down the shift key and the original Myst image pops up, so you can see the difference and fondly remember that early Myst experience.
http://cyan.com/games/realmyst-masterpiece-edition/

Hello everyone. I like PC gaming and this seems like a cool thread to talk about PC games. Also, lashman has been nagging me to join for months now, so I had to. :p
My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here-being as I am getting bummed out in other threads from all the super negetivity. Im super impressed with your GOTY list- and the few I have as friends on Twitter reflect this thread in a great way-

So my name is Al. I love all genres. Love cats. Love drinking. Posting cat gifs-

I have a Skylake build 6700K and 980ti- built on Thanksgiving - havent had a decent PC since 2013.

Greatly looking forward to RotTR next week kinda looking forward to The Winess, but I prepare for disapointment following the fact there are no puzzles to solve with Piss jars.

Feel like a housecat going outside for the first time.
https://57.media.tumblr.com/63a5c30a831b897f4074b25445003556/tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif

Hope to be accepted in this cool thread
Steam ID
Welcome for you both to the best and safest thread of neogaf!

Rocket League combines lots of things I don't like into one game. Sports, racing, multiplayer. Though I do like hats.
I will never play it.

What did you guys think of Oxenfree? Worth the 20 bucks?

Lengthy discussion on the Beastcast. They like some things but said it went from character development into full sci-fi plot way to fast and didn't go back to the former. It's the first and third acts of a story, missing the second.

Ayumi

Just wanted to share my (second) favorite game of all times: Mystic Towers. Apparently it's been on Steam for like 2 years, and I've been beating myself up ever since I found out (by coincidence).

Anyway, I don't know how much you'd enjoy it if you didn't play as a kid, but it is a good game.

Some of you already own it on Steam, but I also wanted to share in case some of you played it as a kid and totally forgot about it since.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/358220/

New Vegas is done and dusted. I find it funny that the more "completionist" you've been throughout the game, the easier the ending is. Basically just walked through with the Boomers, Remnants, Securitrons and ED-E/Veronica killing everything in range.

Doubt I'll go back for the other endings, but still, time well wasted.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam ID

Welcome to SteamGAF! We're a helpful and friendly folk who love talking about all things gaming (and sometimes anime, etc). As PC gamers our tastes sometimes border on the weird or obscure, but seeing that you're in agreement of our GOTY list I think you'll fit in here just fine.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Honestly the SteamGAF GOTY list is the only one I can look at and go "Yup sounds reasonable." I'll participate next time without the reluctance.

Platform wars are dumb. *buys Twin Famicom*
Preach it!
My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here-being as I am getting bummed out in other threads from all the super negetivity. Im super impressed with your GOTY list- and the few I have as friends on Twitter reflect this thread in a great way-

So my name is Al. I love all genres. Love cats. Love drinking. Posting cat gifs-

I have a Skylake build 6700K and 980ti- built on Thanksgiving - havent had a decent PC since 2013.

Greatly looking forward to RotTR next week kinda looking forward to The Winess, but I prepare for disapointment following the fact there are no puzzles to solve with Piss jars.

tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif

Steam ID
Hiiii! Glad to have you here! :)

Honestly the SteamGAF GOTY list is the only one I can look at and go "Yup sounds reasonable." I'll participate next time without the reluctance.
Nice! Also, you need to play the Trails series!

cake > pie
Cheesecake>>>cake=pie

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Lain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-3FF7A5AF4A515E7B - Taken by bloke. 77 entrants total.
The 2016 steamgaf GOTY.
TIS-100 -- MB-CB496CFFB90BD7B3 - Taken by electroflame. 29 entrants total.
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds.
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII -- MB-3CA41638CF2EB6F0 - Taken by Bayonetta. 29 entrants total.
The Real steamgaf GOTY.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC -- MB-8B00457DAE1C0E72 - Taken by Man Puncher. 48 entrants total.
Put in this giveaway by rigging!!.

t1453659671z1.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Is steam ever going to fix that stupid issue where you have to continually verify your age anytime you click on an age restricted game in the store? Can't it just store those details in your profile, ffs. Minor little polish issues like this add up.

Tizoc

I know it is early but i feel it is something worth discussing;
SteamgAf 2016 ballots should be 10 games
It is already january but with various japanese games releasing in coming months we would be limiting the number of represented games
The worry of there being games with single votes is moot considering this occured with 2015's list
I would like for this to be considered so that when we get 2016's list we will see a top 20 if not 10 list of the various genres steam has to offer

KarmaCow

Is steam ever going to fix that stupid issue where you have to continually verify your age anytime you click on an age restricted game in the store? Can't it just store those details in your profile, ffs. Minor little polish issues like this add up.

It's so pointless and not secure at all that it makes me think it's some relic of the early internet still mandated by US law or legal loophole closing rather than an actual safety measure

Tizoc

You dont use enhances steam? Or r unaccessing via the mobile app?

Uzzy

Capcom still has to port the best cat to PC still.

But we've already got Cammy.

What did you guys think of Oxenfree? Worth the 20 bucks?

I really liked it. It's got a wonderful atmosphere to it, with lots of freaky goings on. The plot's decent, and the dialogue does a good job. The dialogue system is the best one I've ever seen, and needs to be copied into other games as soon as possible. It's short though, maybe 5-7 hours long.

shockdude

Just played Duck Game for the first time with some friends. How have I not played this earlier? It's fantastic, the most fun local multiplayer I've had in a while. Quack.

Smash88

Banned

tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif

Steam ID

Welcome to the party.

Since you missed out on the fun, what's your personal Steam GOTY of 2015?

Second, thank you jshackles for putting in a way to change the price on historical low, etc. to the monetary value of my choosing you rock.

Lastly, super late awesome thanks to jshackles for using my quote in Shadow of Mordor in the Steam-GAF GOTY 2014 selection. I totally missed it and now I'm super pumped I got a quote on a list somewhere. :D

Lomax

I feel like g-sync is the next big upgrade I'd like to have, but I just can't see spending anywhere close to what those monitors cost, and it doesn't seem like the type of tech that will ever make it into budget or low end monitors.

Ban Puncher

My old ass 24" Dell is on it's last legs so I am thinking about an ASUS PG279Q G-Sync 27" as my next upgrade. Maybe two.

$1000+ AUD a pop though.

I feel like g-sync is the next big upgrade I'd like to have, but I just can't see spending anywhere close to what those monitors cost, and it doesn't seem like the type of tech that will ever make it into budget or low end monitors.
I had my eyes on Acer XB271HU, seems like the perfect all-round monitor (appearance is a bit too "gaming" tryhard), but my current monitor is perfectly fine.

Benedict

I had my eyes on Acer XB271HU, seems like the perfect all-round monitor (appearance is a bit too "gaming" tryhard), but my current monitor is perfectly fine.

Appearance and price are big issues for me.
Costs about 8490 sek, $987 in Sweden.
I think I'll have to keep my Dell U2311H for another 5 years...

Anteater

Behind some screaming is actually well-put content but I can see it not being for everyone.

But hey, at least we can agree he's no Total Biscuit or Jim Sterling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

omg if those games in the angry joe list are the worst games

dude's not playing enough bad games omg!11
you should see those angry joe threads on the gaming side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom