• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So are the Nvidia Tomb Raider keys confirmed safe now? No chance of them revoking them through Steam? Stopped following it after a while but I remember people talking about that.

Nothings ever safe, my GmG refund of batman: arkham knight took 4+months to get revoked on steam.

so no street fighter story mode at launch so THATS why they never showed or talked about it. since it comes out 4 months later it might actually be a super legit story mode like mortal kombat. I still have my doubts but fingers crossed.

Pachimari

there's a boss just a few steps in undead burg, shouldn't take u more than an hour to reach him if u don't die too often

I think I have fought one? Is it the spider-like creature inside the church? My memory is fuzzy though. The monster got stuck, and could only hit me one way, so it was super easy lol.

Ban Puncher

so no street fighter story mode at launch so THATS why they never showed or talked about it. since it comes out 4 months later it might actually be a super legit story mode like mortal kombat. I still have my doubts but fingers crossed.
Plenty of time to earn Fight Money to exchange for new characters.

Depending on the exchange rate of course.

MUnited83

For you.
giphy.gif

3BPVmjV.png

1ajgcoX.png

1725747-dphokage.jpg

Daily reminder that The One True Way of Watching the Naruto Series 4 is releasing February 5

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I have fought one? Is it the spider-like creature inside the church? My memory is fuzzy though. The monster got stuck, and could only hit me one way, so it was super easy lol.
you'll know when u fight a boss, big ass health bar and epic music starts playing, etc.

Buraindo

So, somebody has gifted me The Witcher 3, and I have only played the beginning of the first game. Do I need to play the first 2?

Not really no, but they're fine games in their own right if a bit uh peculiar. Witcher 1 especially.
The first game doesn't really matter outside of a couple references here and there, 2 basically explains why the world of 3 is in the state it is, so maybe give that one a go. What I'd strongly recommend instead, is to read the books if you have the chance.

Deitus

Are we talking Dark Souls 1 here? There is a spider-like boss, but it's not fought in a church, and it's definitely not one of the first bosses you fight. You do fight a boss on top of a church early on, but it's
gargoyles
, not a spider.

Sorry, not trying to be rude here, but I'm really struggling to figure out what you are referring to.

Pachimari

it was probably the asylum demon, which def wasn't a spider, but u know, fuzzy memory, u said it yourself :p

Yeah, that's it. Spider, lol. It got stuck, so it couldn't turn or move, so just kept stabbing it in the back. Was so easy. I did load the game after, so I could get to experience the fight properly.

Are we talking Dark Souls 1 here? There is a spider-like boss, but it's not fought in a church, and it's definitely not one of the first bosses you fight. You do fight a boss on top of a church early on, but it's
gargoyles
, not a spider.

Sorry, not trying to be rude here, but I'm really struggling to figure out what you are referring to.
It's Dark Souls 1 yeah.

Deitus

Yeah, that's it. Spider, lol. It got stuck, so it couldn't turn or move, so just kept stabbing it in the back. Was so easy. I did load the game after, so I could get to experience the fight properly.

It's Dark Souls 1 yeah.

Is this the guy?

It's supposed to be an easy fight, once you know the basics of how to play, since he is basically just the conclusion of the tutorial. But if he couldn't even turn, that does sound a bit bugged. Still, I wouldn't worry about it since it's not like you deprived yourself of some amazing challenge.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thank god for preloads, since I dl at 2 mb/s. These are going to be some good days. First TR, then going all in on The Witness

Pachimari

Is this the guy?

It's supposed to be an easy fight, once you know the basics of how to play, since he is basically just the conclusion of the tutorial. But if he couldn't even turn, that does sound a bit bugged. Still, I wouldn't worry about it since it's not like you deprived yourself of some amazing challenge.

Yeah, that's it. Yes, he couldn't turn at all. But as said, I loaded up an earlier save and did it the proper way.

rtcn63

Is this the guy?

Now that I think about, the first boss fight in Dark Souls is equivalent to the last boss fight in Mario Bros 3.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's a giant fat guy demon with a club btw

weird that he'd get stuck, i know regular enemies are easy to cheese that way but i don't think i've ever had that happen against bosses and i've played that game tons of times

Now that I think about, the first boss fight in Dark Souls is equivalent to the last boss fight in Mario Bros 3.
well, miyamoto did say in an interview that the original mario 3 subtitle was gonna be "prepare to die"

Pachimari

Come to think of it. Am I the only one who have a hard time playing games in full daylight? I seem to not be in the mood for gaming, when it's all bright. The only game I can play during that time is Fifa, but I need it to be dark if I'm gonna play any other game, be it FF VII, Oxenfree, Dark Souls etc.

weird that he'd get stuck, i know regular enemies are easy to cheese that way but i don't think i've ever had that happen against bosses and i've played that game tons of times
I have only met that boss twice, and it happened the first time I met him. The second time, everything was fine though. And no, my memory isn't fuzzy about this bug hehe.

rtcn63

Come to think of it. Am I the only one who have a hard time playing games in full daylight? I seem to not be in the mood for gaming, when it's all bright. The only game I can play during that time is Fifa, but I need it to be dark if I'm gonna play any other game, be it FF VII, Oxenfree, Dark Souls etc.

Black-out curtains might help a bit. My desk is situated in an area that's glare-prone, and I don't really have anywhere else to move it.

Pachimari

Black-out curtains help a bit. My desk is situated in an area that's glare-prone, and I can't really don't have any else to move it.

I have black-out curtains but it doesn't help much. I also sit right at the window. I'm thinking of buying some black thick curtains I can use when I want to play. And now I don't have a girlfriend to tell me no, because my apartment is all mine haha. I gotta keep up my mood. ^_^

brau

Daily reminder that The One True Way of Watching the Naruto Series 4 is releasing February 5

So is this 4th game a good candidate to get into the game? I played the 3rd one but it didn't have any attention to a story campaign, and thats all i wanted. Go and play the whole complete story with cool moves and cinematic finishers.

Pachimari

I hope Storm 4 will be a good port. How were the other ports for PC?

Why? Any comment?
It's lacking a lot of content, systems and mechanics, and he have promised to work on it and then release a free update. Probably why he have decided to remove it. It'll be back, don't worry.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have only met that boss twice, and it happened the first time I met him. The second time, everything was fine though. And no, my memory isn't fuzzy about this bug hehe.

is misread that as "the second time, everything was on fire"

which is kinda funny if u played the game, actually heh, for reasons i'll not disclose for ur sake :p

but yea, weird

it's an easy boss tho, it's supposed to be a fun play for ppl that played demon's souls and are expecting the first boss to be a forced death (since that's kind of the situation on the tutorial boss in demons) only to then find out they're actually supposed to kill it

it's from's twisted sense of humor at work i guess

MUnited83

For you.
So is this 4th game a good candidate to get into the game? I played the 3rd one but it didn't have any attention to a story campaign, and thats all i wanted. Go and play the whole complete story with cool moves and cinematic finishers.
That's what the games are about, the numbered entries at least. To get the complete story you need to play all of them since each one focus in a different part of the story (although there's some recaps here and there)

I hope Storm 4 will be a good port. How were the other ports for PC?

It's lacking a lot of content, systems and mechanics, and he have promised to work on it and then release a free update. Probably why he have decided to remove it. It'll be back, don't worry.

They are serviceable ports. Locked at 30fps but they play fine, no weird incompabilities or anything like that, and no resolution locks. Most of the footage for 4 has been 60fps though so I'm assuming 60fps on PC will finally be supported.

Pachimari

That's what the games are about, the numbered entries at least. To get the complete story you need to play all of them since each one focus in a different part of the story (although there's some recaps here and there)

But there's no Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 and 2 on Steam. :(

They are serviceable ports. Locked at 30fps but they play fine, no weird incompabilities or anything like that, and no resolution locks. Most of the footage for 4 has been 60fps though so I'm assuming 60fps on PC will finally be supported.
That's good to hear! I really loved Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS3, so I'm gonna have to get them for PC as well.

Jawmuncher

He's probably doing some kind of ARG or something. He loves playing around and the game itself had no issues aside from being different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom