• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Is this anime jargon?
Believe it!

But there's no Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 and 2 on Steam. :(

That's good to hear! I really loved Ultimate Ninja Storm on PS3, so I'm gonna have to get them for PC as well.
Gotta download dat PS3 emulator :p. I really wish they ported the previous ones too but i'm not holding my breath.

I'm sad i cant play it cos of spoilers :( them naruto fillers
Stop watching the anime and just go through the games, the superior way of experiencing it.

I wonder if we'll eventually get Boruto as a character in these games.

Boruto is in the game as a preorder bonus.

brau

That's what the games are about, the numbered entries at least. To get the complete story you need to play all of them since each one focus in a different part of the story (although there's some recaps here and there)

oh really? i thought this was the master version that would go through most of it. what does this game cover then?

Eh the story isn't that grand that you gotta worry about spoilers.
Now One Piece?
Yup, that one is all Oda setting things up for 10 years then working on them.

One Piece is amazing.

You know whats up.

rtcn63

The only thing you need to know about that show is that Naruto means left and Sasuke means right. Or the other way around, I forget.

Jazz573

Alright GAF sell me on this game
header.jpg

It's getting a lewd patch on MangaGamer. :p I backed it on Kickstarter for $5. You may actually want to hold off. Here's a little about why via Fuwanovel's weekly translation update:

Decay on Fuwanovel said:
This week also saw the release of No One But You. I talked a bit last week about how the developers seemingly over-scoped the project, and I hoped it wouldn’t suffer for it. I’ve played it for a bit. I haven’t actually finished a route yet, I was planning on maybe doing that later today, but unfortunately my impressions on it are not positive so far. My fears have been realized, and it simply feels like a half-finished game in nearly every aspect. Art, music, and story. Backgrounds are filled with placeholder objects but occasionally have well-drawn and highly detailed objects thrown into the mix, giving off an odd, disharmonious sensation. Some of the BGMs are okay, others feel exceptionally amateurish. The story is paced pretty bizarrely, it feels like some characters are missing characterization, and relationships are apparently established “off-camera,” away from the reader’s eyes.

So if they had all the time in the world to polish this game up and fill in the lacking content, would it be good then? Probably not, no. I can’t yet judge the story as a whole, but what I can say is that the dialogue is just bizarre. There is no consistency to the characters’ talking styles and the protagonist especially can utter off some of the most cringeworthy statements you’ll ever hear in a VN. But it’s not just him, there are plenty of cringes to go around. No amount of polish can fix bad, unnatural writing and unfunny humor, unless you want to start over from scratch. It’s unfortunate, it seems like no one can capture the magic Katawa Shoujo holds for so many readers of OELVNs. NOBY misses the mark by a mile.

brau

How's Gun? Kind of in the mood for a 3rd person Western themed shooter.

Strawberry Fire Shadow?
Doesn't that like cancel itself out?

Gun is pretty awesome.

Have not played it in a while, but it held up last time i gave it a whirl. You should check it out. Its not as broad or extensive as RDR but a good western non the less. It has its own flare too.

No idea how the PC port holds up tho.

Tizoc

Gun is pretty awesome.

Have not played it in a while, but it held up last time i gave it a whirl. You should check it out. Its not as broad or extensive as RDR but a good western non the less. It has its own flare too.

No idea how the PC port holds up tho.

There appear to be mods to improve the graphics but otherwise it's locked to 30 FPS :p
not really a deal breaker but I'll def. consider picking it up before its discoun ends.

brau

There appear to be mods to improve the graphics but otherwise it's locked to 30 FPS :p
not really a deal breaker but I'll def. consider picking it up before its discoun ends.

if you do get it let me know what you think of it. I certainly hope you like it.

i googled to see if there could be a .ini file to unlock the fps. but i don't see anything :( thats a shame.

zkylon

zkylewd
so them Witness reviews are pretty good huh
man don't remind me, i gotta get some money for that lol

All Stars Bundle
1.99$ for the first 24h
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition
Magicka
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
System Shock 2
Deponia
To the Moon
Prime World: Defenders

Super good deal.
yeah that's pretty good stuff, tho it's like, games everyone alreadyo wns

Some games feel better with gamepad, some better with kb/m for me. I see no point in declaring a winner/looser, hating on a specific option or settle with just one of them for good.
One of the best things on PC are the overwhelming number of wildly different options. Freedom, yay \o/
I'm in the small minority (I guess) that really can't "click" with the Steam controller. I've used it, frustratingly, for probably 10 hours total and usually 30 minutes each time before I give up and go back to using my XBO controller.

And while I appreciate that it's an option for those games that don't natively support controllers, I've even found myself going back to and preferring kb+m controls on games that don't support controllers at all.

I'm just weird like that I guess.
I agree with your last paragraph. I was never too much interested in Steam Controller but then I saw a video of System Shock 2 played with one. For some older games it could be a solid alternative.
Cute and creepy at the same time :)
Didn't I get this in a bundle like literally 2 years ago?
You (and me and others) got Level 22 which is not on the store anymore.
This is Level22 Gary’s Misadventure.

MUnited83

For you.
oh really? i thought this was the master version that would go through most of it. what does this game cover then?

One Piece is amazing.

You know whats up.
It will cover the last arcs of the Naruto series , being also the last Naruto Storm game.(mainline entry, at least)

Uzzy

Looks like balrog might be losing the boxing gloves for his default SFV look. Which I'm cool with, never made much sense to using boxing gloves if you're a bad guy.

Looks more like a Delta Red member.

Street Fighter V: Story Trailer on Gamersyde. Some screens, too.

Personally like watching Fighting Games Story "Movie Cuts" on Youtube. Enjoy them similarly to B-Movie action flicks. MK9 was cool. Still have to watch Tekken and DoA5 movies.

Never skip leg day. My new wallpaper, woo.

Why can that guy still make threads?

The first post calls out the flaw in calculating total users in that way.

The responses to that are anecdotal uselessness and then simple doubling down. It's spurious at best, presumptive at worst. In either case, not at all useful. Keep on keepin' on, I guess.

Weird logic seems to be going around today. In the comments section to the Witness review on Kotaku, I watched a guy explain why the game shouldn't be $40 based solely on the fact that the game is independently developed. No issues with the amount of puzzles or game time at all, so I'm guessing if Jonathan Blow tacked on a few big name splash screens and integrated uPlay, there'd be no qualms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom